Page 161 of 236 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5882
    Opened Subaru the other day and a marmot was sitting on top of the engine. It chirped and dove back into the engine compartment. Haha, little guy was living inside the car and wouldn't leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Since we're on the topic of A/C. My 2015 probably needs a recharge. Is there any downside to waiting until next spring to do it vs doing it now?
    If you completely lose the charge, typically the dryer will need to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Opened Subaru the other day and a marmot was sitting on top of the engine. It chirped and dove back into the engine compartment. Haha, little guy was living inside the car and wouldn't leave.
    Sell the car now, before the bastard chews through an expensive wiring harness that you can't reach without disassembly of most of the engine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I think you just sneak "marmot" somewhere inconspicuous in the listing.

FS: 2004 Subaru Outback, 125K miles, new tires, marmot, no accidents and all service records.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    If you completely lose the charge, typically the dryer will need to be replaced.
    Thanks. It's mostly charged now, just could use a bit.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Sell the car now, before the bastard chews through an expensive wiring harness that you can't reach without disassembly of most of the engine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Wasn’t mine but the owner insisted that a friend told them that marmots don’t eat wiring. Whatever, there was piss and shit all over the inside. They got rid of it with some stinky garlic spray stuff.

Personally I would have traded it in STAT.

I had a friend who had a marmot chew through his clutch cable and had to drive out of the Sangre de Christos in second gear. People put chicken wire around their vehicles at the trailhead for that reason.

I think you just sneak "marmot" somewhere inconspicuous in the listing.

FS: 2004 Subaru Outback, 125K miles, new tires, marmot, no accidents and all service records.

LOL. I like this approach.

Or just toss a random marmot pic in with the 40+ others you load up onto autotrader/craigslist/facebookMP, they'll think it was an error, or, even better, a bonus that you're tossing in your marmot with the rest of the car. Win-win.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    LOL. I like this approach.

Or just toss a random marmot pic in with the 40+ others you load up onto autotrader/craigslist/facebookMP, they'll think it was an error, or, even better, a bonus that you're tossing in your marmot with the rest of the car. Win-win.

Good call. Most people will think you just can't computer well. Like the old guys here who upload pictures sideways.

Maroon paint with gray cloth.
    Automatic transmission.
    Really nice driver.
    Make it yours.
    Outbacks are great vehicles.
    Tires have plenty of tread.

One thing is for sure, Name Redacted's friend needs to ditch the Suby, and marmot, ASAP.

My sister had a mere squirrel hole up in her 4Runner while she left home it one winter. That little fucker had chewed anything that was remotely important, shit and pissed all over the place and turned the cabin air filter (and later the glove box behind it) into it's own love shack.

Just describe it as "Marmot Edition." Somebody will think it's a co branded trim line, like an Eddie Bauer Explorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Since we're on the topic of A/C. My 2015 probably needs a recharge. Is there any downside to waiting until next spring to do it vs doing it now?
    Ya ever try driving around the northeast/mid Atlantic without a working defroster? It sux. Fix the AC.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Just describe it as "Marmot Edition." Somebody will think it's a co branded trim line, like an Eddie Bauer Explorer.
    Free Marmot and Tshirt with purchase

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9D79119-C7A4-4E5D-8A1A-74FCC171F82F.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	426363

Could be worse. Our neighbour started his car one morning and ended up with pack rat guts all over the engine compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Could be worse. Our neighbour started his car one morning and ended up with pack rat guts all over the engine compartment.
    Yup. Both me and friends have had to deal with a packrat nest in the engine compartment in a vehicle parked for more than a week in packrat country. Usually in the air intake. Why is my truck driving like shit and mileage abysmal? Oh, there’s a nest with pink little packrat babies where the air filter usually is. And the shit and piss smell never completely goes away if they get anywhere near the cab air intake.

I had gremlins in our old Durango from critters chewing on ground wires. The biggest mess I've ever had under the hood was when a cat crawled in to stay warm in the winter. When I started it in the morning there was a weird scratchy noise for a second before I turned the key and then a blood curdling scream as it got wrapped in the serpentine belt and shredded. Yuck...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Ya ever try driving around the northeast/mid Atlantic without a working defroster? It sux. Fix the AC.
    Can you explain what the A/C has to do with defrosting the windshield?

The AC system dries the air the same as if it was coming out of the dash and floor vents but it's coming out of the vents below the windshield. Someone will probably correct me but, I can't think of any cars in the last 20 years that don't automatically kick the compressor on when you turn on the defrost mode (if they have AC).

I think what hes saying is that defrosting involves pulling in dry winter air, which does not necessitate a fully functioning a/c.

Thunderstorms mid-summer while driving will almost always require the air to be dried via the a/c.

You guys are yelling past each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    I think what hes saying is that defrosting involves pulling in dry winter air, which does not necessitate a fully functioning a/c.

Thunderstorms mid-summer while driving will almost always require the air to be dried via the a/c.

Honestly, I had no idea the A/C went on to defrost the windshield--hence my question.

Found the mag who's never lived in the pnw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The two times I have visited Seattle its been sunny and 75 degrees. I thought it was like that all the time, no?

The two times I have visited Seattle its been sunny and 75 degrees. I thought it was like that all the time, no?
    I've learned that it is slightly sunnier than the Upstates.

Not a happy differential
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220914_124405-01.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	426421
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post

Sort of
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It rains as much, or more, where we live and the air is equally as swampy, or worse, than 75% of the country. Cars with no AC that just move the outside air are more effective at defogging than one with a malfunctioning AC system.