Page 126 of 236 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5882
    Looks like the passenger blend door failed on my F150. At least its stuck on heat for now. Should be a fun job tearing apart a good chunk of the dash and center console. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Looks like the passenger blend door failed on my F150. At least its stuck on heat for now. Should be a fun job tearing apart a good chunk of the dash and center console. FML.
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!! It's like they build the entire vehicle around those things.

I need to replace the blower at some point in my Volvo at some point. It works but is just annoyingly noisy. Holding off on that job as long as possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Shock mount on the 540...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_165152.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	397523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_163326.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	397524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_164142.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	397525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_165145.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	397526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_172227.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	397527

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!! It's like they build the entire vehicle around those things.

I need to replace the blower at some point in my Volvo at some point. It works but is just annoyingly noisy. Holding off on that job as long as possible.
    Haha me too. I vary the fan speed so it doesn't chirp too much. I may have to do it soon though because last night I started getting this noise like something big is loose. It almost sounds like a duct or the fan is loose, like a hollow plastic thing is banging.

Fuckin thieves sawzalled the cat off of my son’s ‘05 Prius last week.

He called to say it was making an awful noise. So I told him I’d take a look at it (I’ve been maintaining it for him since he got it a few years ago). The only good news is it took about .5 seconds to diagnose. For a little 1.5 liter engine it made quite a racket.

Not a really big surprise. I knew cat theft on this model is a big thing and He lives in Boston and parks it on the street in the same spot all the time so it was an easy mark for the scumbags.

Fortunately it has fire and theft Insurance so it should be at least partially covered. It looks like there are a number of theft deterrent devices/shields on the market for this car so I’ll research that while helping him avoid getting boned by a muffler shop.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Fuckin thieves sawzalled the cat off of my son’s ‘05 Prius last week.

He called to say it was making an awful noise. So I told him I’d take a look at it (I’ve been maintaining it for him since he got it a few years ago). The only good news is it took about .5 seconds to diagnose. For a little 1.5 liter engine it made quite a racket.

Not a really big surprise. I knew cat theft on this model is a big thing and He lives in Boston and parks it on the street in the same spot all the time so it was an easy mark for the scumbags.

Fortunately it has fire and theft Insurance so it should be at least partially covered. It looks like there are a number of theft deterrent devices/shields on the market for this car so I’ll research that while helping him avoid getting boned by a muffler shop.
    It's an epidemic around here in PDX. About a year ago I was heading out on a Sunday morning and saw 3 Priusis' all resting on a concrete paver block missing cats within 3 blocks. Somebody was peaking hard on their ice that day.

SEA too. They got them off my land cruiser, and my son's smaller yota on the same night he was over for dinner.

Getting mine replaced took two weeks of part searching and insurance haggling. In the end it cost them over $4k. Fuck.

I had my VIN number engraved on both cats by the shop. Still on the truck but only been there a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    It's an epidemic around here in PDX. About a year ago I was heading out on a Sunday morning and saw 3 Priusis' all resting on a concrete paver block missing cats within 3 blocks. Somebody was peaking hard on their ice that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I'm the asshole who throws low offset wheels on an E36 and says "eh I'll make it work." So I get a fender roller and went to work. I started with the driver's rear and learned pretty quick how warm the paint needs to be to not crack. Also got an awkward kind of lump on that one somehow. I'm really stoked about how the other three turned out though. Rolling the lip nice and flat is very easy, but I also pulled them out pretty aggressively too. I bet I gained a good 5-7mm on each one.

I have some H&Rs and Bilsteins to fix the monster truck gap, that'll probably happen this coming weekend or maybe next week.

Before:

Name:	PXL_20211214_025847839.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	883.1 KB 
ID:	397659

After:

Name:	PXL_20211214_034923352.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	936.2 KB 
ID:	397660

Name:	PXL_20211214_034207673.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	722.2 KB 
ID:	397661

Name:	PXL_20211214_035031036.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	397662

Did the rears first:

Name:	PXL_20211212_220612470.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	836.9 KB 
ID:	397663

Uh, those are five series wheels... E39 I think....

sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Uh, those are five series wheels... E39 I think....

These ones are off an E39, but there were some other factory style 42 fitments. I'm sure the Z3 ones would be less work, but I bet they're hard to find and I already had these laying around and I'd rather make a really low offset work than add spacers to make it sit how I'd want.

I've got a coolant leak I can't find. It's going through a liter a day but nothing is really wet. I had the under trays off last week doing a bunch of stuff and found what looked like an oil drip at the back of the engine but when this pink coolant gets dirty from running over the motor it turns brown like oil. I can't smell shit so don't ask me what it smells like. I tried to trace it up and can't see anything. There's some moisture under the supercharger but it's certainly nothing that would indicate that kind of volume. There is a spider hose that runs in the valley under the charger that could be the culprit but is it possible that much coolant could puddle there without having to dump into someplace it really shouldn't be? I hope it's not that, 10+ hours (for someone that knows what they're doing) in the driveway at this time of year doesn't sound like fun at all. The parts are relatively cheap but...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I've got a coolant leak I can't find. It's going through a liter a day but nothing is really wet. I had the under trays off last week doing a bunch of stuff and found what looked like an oil drip at the back of the engine but when this pink coolant gets dirty from running over the motor it turns brown like oil. I can't smell shit so don't ask me what it smells like. I tried to trace it up and can't see anything. There's some moisture under the supercharger but it's certainly nothing that would indicate that kind of volume. There is a spider hose that runs in the valley under the charger that could be the culprit but is it possible that much coolant could puddle there without having to dump into someplace it really shouldn't be? I hope it's not that, 10+ hours (for someone that knows what they're doing) in the driveway at this time of year doesn't sound like fun at all. The parts are relatively cheap but...
    A liter of coolant per day should show the leak somewhere. I don't know what the spider hose is (and am assuming this is the Land/Range Rover), but -- on a GM LS V8, there is a coolant crossover pipe below the intake manifold and above the V of the cylinders. Its purpose is to prevent air bubbles from getting stuck in the top of a cylinder head and causing overheating. Each end of the crossover pipe (there are 4) has a small O ring; leaks are possible at the O ring and along the pipe itself.

Just a thought. Maybe the Land Rover engine has something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Theres your cel problem, headgasket.

Yeah this hose that I'm thinking of does the same thing, unfortunately it's under the supercharger. Apparently it's pretty common for those same o-rings to leak on the Jag (Ford) engine. Charger off... Uggh

Coolant pressure test kit is a great tool. The problem is when you can hear it pushing out coolant from a spot you can't see it.

It's looking more likely that the problem is this small, surprisingly affordable, hose connection https://www.roverparts.com/belts-hos...es/PCH501820G/ rather than the whole spider thingy. If so it means only taking apart the intake and a few small things that are in the way. Gonna do some more research but, here's to hoping this is what's leaking because it should only be 4-5 hours to replace. It would also explain some other codes that have been thrown recently.

Name:	IMG_5999.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	398477

Did the spark plugs on the wife's Rav4 today. I think it took me longer to gather tools than to actually do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Theres your cel problem, headgasket.
    I think you're right. A liter of coolant a day is a shit ton to be leaking out of a hose or fitting without being noticed. A blown head gasket would explain the O2 sensor issues.

That's what I would usually think but the oil is perfect, I just changed it last week and checked it yesterday. Coolant in the oil is how you tell, right? I hope it isn't the head gasket, that would pretty much be the end for this thing.

That's what I would usually think but the oil is perfect, I just changed it last week and checked it yesterday. Coolant in the oil is how you tell, right? I hope it isn't the head gasket, that would pretty much be the end for this thing.
    Nope, could just be getting blown out the exhaust. Drive the car, get it nice and hot, and then leave it without starting it for a couple days. I’m guessing the next time you start it there will be a decent amount of smoke out the exhaust.

You wanna see if it’s been burning coolant ; pull some plugs if you can’t figure it out they’ll be clean and white. Visible White smoke at cold start up that smells sweet is what you’re /not/ looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The coolant may be getting burned off and not sitting long enough in the cylinders to end up in the sump. I'd do a combustion gas test on the coolant, (or what's left of it.) There's about 400 videos on Youtube.

As often as I added over the last few days it's mostly fresh so that may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    You wanna see if it’s been burning coolant ; pull some plugs if you can’t figure it out they’ll be clean and white. Visible White smoke at cold start up that smells sweet is what you’re /not/ looking for.
    Funny I was thinking that so I tried to figure out how to get to the plugs. I failed. Can I come by the shop tomorrow or Thursday and someone can show me? Heck I might even pay you for something like that (there are a couple of used cars near you that my wife wants to look at)

As often as I added over the last few days it's mostly fresh so that may not work.
    Check out one of the videos. It's not checking your coolant, it's looking for exhaust gasses venting and finding their way out of the closed system via the easiest route, the expansion tank cap or radiator cap.

See, that's why I ask questions. Maybe too many sometimes but now I have a direction and I learned something new and valuable. Thanx. (although it was an hour long youtube rabbit hole) I think mechanical so, as Aldo said, I was about to pull some plugs. There are so many things now that I don't even know about because I skipped a few decades turning wrenches. I built my old Jeep, kept Landcruisers running and rebuilt carburetors on tailgates in parking lots but I look under my hood now and can't find the fucking spark plugs under all that shit. How long have those tester things existed? I hate being dumb. I'm used to it but, yeah.