Page 162 of 236 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 5882
    Swaybar bushings and end links replaced. Wow, what a difference and the front end clunking is nearly gone. Struts next week should solve that because I'm pretty sure it's the strut bearings that are causing the clunk. The trick now is finding the KYBs in stock somewhere so I don't end up with something that turns into a brick below freezing as I hear most of the more affordable stuff does.

You guys are gonna LOVE the TR from my C30. Still in progress. It's been crazy. Ends up I don't have the original engine. It has one out of a 2012 S60 T5! That had 250 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque if it's the variant I believe it is! It's no freaking wonder this car hauls so much ass compared to everything I've heard about them. Been a lot of drama, but my first machine shop failed me, so I went down a long rabbit hole that led me to a badass shop out of town a bit that caught the weirdness. They'll be straightening my head back out, doing a valve job, and making it good as new if all goes well.

An engine swap was NOT in the Carfax report, so I was really scratching my head when I examined the block and saw how different it was than what I thought it should be like. More to come. Gonna be a couple more weeks to get my head back, so doing tons of "while I'm in there" parts swapping. It may need a tune to PROPERLY adjust for the higher compression ratio of this one, but I think I should have a pretty kickass car when it's all said and done. Wish me luck. To be continued...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You guys are gonna LOVE the TR from my C30. Still in progress. It's been crazy. Ends up I don't have the original engine. It has one out of a 2012 S60 T5! That had 250 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque if it's the variant I believe it is! It's no freaking wonder this car hauls so much ass compared to everything I've heard about them. Been a lot of drama, but my first machine shop failed me, so I went down a long rabbit hole that led me to a badass shop out of town a bit that caught the weirdness. They'll be straightening my head back out, doing a valve job, and making it good as new if all goes well.

An engine swap was NOT in the Carfax report, so I was really scratching my head when I examined the block and saw how different it was than what I thought it should be like. More to come. Gonna be a couple more weeks to get my head back, so doing tons of "while I'm in there" parts swapping. It may need a tune to PROPERLY adjust for the higher compression ratio of this one, but I think I should have a pretty kickass car when it's all said and done. Wish me luck. To be continued...

My money says that car was FUCKED UP way beyond what the previous owner described as the reason for your rebuilt title. Lot of engines get destroyed when there is a "minor" wreck with a hole in a radiator and the owner drives it a bit too far without any coolant. My quess it needed a head gasket and an owner paid for a used engine swap instead.Hopefully after the head rebuild the replacement goes well and you're on your way. Sounds like you'll know your way around the head for your s60 revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Not a happy differential
    Attachment 426421
    Looks like a marmot ate it

Yup, vicious little bastards
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    My money says that car was FUCKED UP way beyond what the previous owner described as the reason for your rebuilt title. Lot of engines get destroyed when there is a "minor" wreck with a hole in a radiator and the owner drives it a bit too far without any coolant. My quess it needed a head gasket and an owner paid for a used engine swap instead.Hopefully after the head rebuild the replacement goes well and you're on your way. Sounds like you'll know your way around the head for your s60 revival.
    I bet you're right. Unfortunately for me, it means I overpaid for the car. On the plus side, it still has "good bones" and is totally worth the effort. And yeah. After all I've been through with this one, my S60 should be a piece of cake! Haha. Half the battle with this one's been dicking around with stripped cam screws, rounded off tensioner bolts in tight spots, and then a mystery engine to top it all off. Going to chalk this one up to a learning experience. I have learned more than I ever wanted to about the Volvo B5254T* engine platform. And I now know my way around these engine bays REALLY well. Frustrating as the delays have been, it's actually been kind of a fun project. And now with this better block, I know it's good for a ton more power. Especially by the time I'm done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I bet you're right. Unfortunately for me, it means I overpaid for the car. On the plus side, it still has "good bones" and is totally worth the effort. And yeah. After all I've been through with this one, my S60 should be a piece of cake! Haha. Half the battle with this one's been dicking around with stripped cam screws, rounded off tensioner bolts in tight spots, and then a mystery engine to top it all off. Going to chalk this one up to a learning experience. I have learned more than I ever wanted to about the Volvo B5254T* engine platform. And I now know my way around these engine bays REALLY well. Frustrating as the delays have been, it's actually been kind of a fun project. And now with this better block, I know it's good for a ton more power. Especially by the time I'm done with it.

Can get about 630hp out of a B5254T4 (if you’re willing to throw seven figures at it and run 104 octane.)

Not a happy differential
    Attachment 426421

Dang! Who all was shootin'?

Anyone got a source for Diode Dynamics that is willing to sell below MAP? If they could make money at 15% of retail last week, I have a hard time paying full retail this week when it's a $100 difference in price.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Anyone got a source for Diode Dynamics that is willing to sell below MAP? If they could make money at 15% of retail last week, I have a hard time paying full retail this week when it's a $100 difference in price.
    I appear to but pricing through my distributor isn't that big of a discount, so not sure I'd save you much. But, what are you looking for? I can see if it's in stock and come up with a quote at least.

Not a happy differential
    Attachment 426421
    Holy crap! What happened there?! Aside from the resident marmots of course.

Somebody hit a rock or a concrete marmot. Just a guess.

Fuckin concrete marmots
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Fuckin concrete marmots
    How do they fuckin work?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I want to gas some prarie dogs. If I run a hose off my exhaust down into the hole will it mess up my engine? I have ford 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo charged.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I want to gas some prarie dogs. If I run a hose off my exhaust down into the hole will it mess up my engine? I have ford 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo charged.
    Go check out my old underground hornet/bee nest thread for new and creative ideas from the collective.

You’re bound to kill something in short order.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Fuckin concrete marmots
    how much lube do you need?

Sadly, as I learned while doing research on the diff swap, this is a not entirely uncommon occurrence in this particular configuration of rzr as Polaris, in their infinite wisdom, used a plastic pinion nut which proved prone to failure. But I wasn't kidding when I said it grenaded. I was letting the engine slow my descent in 2wd low on a steep rocky trail and the terrible crunching sound happened. So I hopped out and casually strolled around back to find a couple quarts of oil puddled between the rocks beneath the diff. That's never good. So a jeeper dragged us (rear tires were locked cuz of the carnage inside the diff) to the end of the 4wd section and we thumbed back to the cabin to grab the truck and trailer so we could winch it up and haul it home. I'm just grateful it happened where it did because we were in a much more remote place just a little while earlier and it would have been a hell of a lot harder recovery if it'd failed up there.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Sadly, as I learned while doing research on the diff swap, this is a not entirely uncommon occurrence in this particular configuration of rzr as Polaris, in their infinite wisdom, used a plastic pinion nut which proved prone to failure.
    That's crazy!!! Sounds like they took engineering lessons from BMW with putting plastic in places it shouldn't be. Glad you made it out of there ok. What a pain!

Got a new toy. 1st attempt will be this weekend.

Hoping this is the answer to brittle 1995 Ford Plastic.
    Like my buddy said- "Makes me want to break stuff just to have something to use it on."

Well, this thing is awesome. 10/10- not sure how I have lived this long without one.
    Already paid for itself by fixing a Bissell battery operated vacuum that my daughter broke last night.
    The small little ridge that clicks in place and holds the long carpet attachment in place, broke.
    I was able to hold it in place, and melt it enough to stay put. I then put a wave staple right on the seam where it snapped.

Good as new.

Here are some shots of the dash I am repairing. It feels a lot more solid now. I am going to finish it up from underneath the dash. I just need to source some ABS to fill a couple missing spots first. If I seal the whole crack now, I would have to remove the dash to finish it later.

Section that was cracked in half-

Backside-

Top- Still a little flexible, but should be solid once I reattach the entire section to the rest of the dash.

Before-

After-

Tabs that hold this piece in place behind the dash pad have been broken for a while. I rigged up one of the angle staples and was able to melt it into place as a tab. The dash pad will completely hide this, and it will look factory.

Here is what I am dealing with- Entire section broke away from the windshield and was in a couple pieces. I now have 1 big piece to deal with, and a couple small areas I need to replace. Going to the JY to grab some pieces of dash and then I will template these sections with clay and cut the spare dash pieces. Should be close enough for only me to notice. Some SEM paint later, and it will look relatively newish.

Fuck that is a massive repair. I was facing similar effort on my Celica but after being patient I've collected two uncracked dashboards from the junkyard. Any chance you can get one yourself? Looks like a Ford so I would think you could.

They are made of unobtanium. 1st thing to get pulled out of most F150-250 and Broncos of that era.
    Shipping alone is absurd and risky, so if you don't find one locally, you are pretty much out of luck. Worst case scenario, if this breaks again, I can patch it from the top and then use a glue on replacement that looks pretty good. You just lose the stock dash pad look, as they reproduced it as part of the mold.
    https://www.carparts.com/details/For...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think I'd be looking at a carpeted dash pad as the fix for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Or at least a cool Mexican blanket.