Page 139 of 236 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 5882
    Quote Originally Posted by unitofstuff View Post
    New plugs and coils on the E36. No pictures of the work because that's boring as shit but I finally snapped a picture with all the turds together.

Attachment 413932
    NICE! I miss my E34 Touring but it was a Flintstone car on both sides.

jelly of that lineup, good work

It's starting to look like a simple $100 part that's no longer available might disable my Range Rover for good. One of the height sensors for the stupid air suspension is going bad and the thing keeps randomly dropping to the bump stops while I'm driving. Yesterday it did it on the highway and it slows itself down to 30mph pretty quickly so now I have to stay off the interstates. The part hasn't been made for a while and there don't seem to be any left at any of the usual places I'd look for parts. So then I went looking for coil conversion kits and they're pretty much gone too so the only solution would be going to a spring shop and getting something custom but the cost is outrageous. Fuck...

At least they look pretty?

Fuck that's really annoying.

Maybe you can sell it to Montucky. Circle of life.

Lol. Nah, he already turned it down

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It's starting to look like a simple $100 part that's no longer available might disable my Range Rover for good. One of the height sensors for the stupid air suspension is going bad and the thing keeps randomly dropping to the bump stops while I'm driving. Yesterday it did it on the highway and it slows itself down to 30mph pretty quickly so now I have to stay off the interstates. The part hasn't been made for a while and there don't seem to be any left at any of the usual places I'd look for parts. So then I went looking for coil conversion kits and they're pretty much gone too so the only solution would be going to a spring shop and getting something custom but the cost is outrageous. Fuck...
    Have you checked junkyards? If you can grab a few, one’s bound to be ok. Shitty, but may be an option.

I've been trying to find one of these in a yard for a while now with no luck. I need to try harder I guess.

I've been trying to find one of these in a yard for a while now with no luck. I need to try harder I guess.
    You have insurance on that thing?

Does usual places you look include the many online retailers?

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    You have insurance on that thing?
    It's 16 years old with enough body dings and such that I can't get collision coverage, there's no theft coverage either, just basic liability and glass now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Does usual places you look include the many online retailers?
    Of course. I found one chinesium one with horrible reviews and it's the last one left so if it was bad like so many I couldn't even get it replaced.

Is there a way to use car-part.com to search for complete vehicles? It's only giving me the option to search by part and the one I need isn't listed. I really don't want to have to call every salvage yard I can find through google maps.

Is there a way to use car-part.com to search for complete vehicles? It's only giving me the option to search by part and the one I need isn't listed. I really don't want to have to call every salvage yard I can find through google maps.
    Look for another suspension part for the vehicle and then call the yards with a part?

It's 16 years old with enough body dings and such that I can't get collision coverage, there's no theft coverage either, just basic liability and glass now.

Of course. I found one chinesium one with horrible reviews and it's the last one left so if it was bad like so many I couldn't even get it replaced.

Shoulda got comprehensive coverage, if you uh, know what I mean.

I've used the car-part trick, you just pick something like doors or dash cluster, and then call the place to ask about the rest. What I've found in a couple places is that the counter jockey just looks at the online inventory to see what they have, so, not helpful.

Comp coverage wasn't available for it. I don't know about other states but in NY collision is part of that and the body has to be up to a certain standard for it to be available. It also would have nearly quadrupled the cost when I got it so that would have put it at more than I paid for the thing.

Mmm, why didn't I think of looking for a less specific part? See, that's why I use the groupthink model

Would a sensor from a newer model work?

06>09 for sure, 10-12 is questionable because they always can't be calibrated to match the older ones so one corner might sit really high or low.

I'm also finding that most of the coil conversion kits are gone from the market, there are a few things on Amazon with "interesting" looking coilovers in front but will they be safe for a 6k pound brick? I'm not so confident in that. Damn this pandemic parts bullshit.

06>09 for sure, 10-12 is questionable because they always can't be calibrated to match the older ones so one corner might sit really high or low.

I'm also finding that most of the coil conversion kits are gone from the market, there are a few things on Amazon with "interesting" looking coilovers in front but will they be safe for a 6k pound brick? I'm not so confident in that. Damn this pandemic parts bullshit.
    This is why we told you to dump that thing instead of dumping money into it.

I tried to sell it a few times since I got the hoses done. No luck I got offers of $1k but nothing more. Unfortunately you can't replace a vehicle for under 10k with anything worthy anymore.

Doing all four corners with different air lift new or used sounds like a good bet to me.

Edit, or doing a non air lift, static height suspension all four corners.

Are you on LR forums? Someone has to have done this before.

Tell us more about this supposed sensor that cant be calibrated to match the rest, assuming thats true then they would only build/sell them in sets of 4 correct?

No, they changed them slightly so even though it fits because the suspension itself stayed the same from 02-12 when they added EAS in 2010 the sensors changed so they don't always play well with the older ones. @rideski - yeah coils is the correct option IMO so that's the direction I'm going. I've had it with the silly, plush bullshit anyway because the reality is that lux cushy stuff is actually mush that's only nice on the open road.

Im just here to point out that we are more than likely talking about volts and ohms here, nothing crazy. They can be manipulated.

E = I x R guys! We fixed it!

Yay?

@todd maybe for someone smarter than me. My electrical knowledge runs dry beyond flipping switches and plugging/unplugging things.

How about a custom lowrider shop? If they can make '64 Impalas bounce, they should be able to take care of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.