Page 196 of 234 FirstFirst ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 5831
    Quote Originally Posted by unitofstuff View Post
    Not quite wrenching, but how many of you have dealt with collector/classic car insurance? I’ve been looking into it and it seems all over the place. I’ve been denied, I’ve been told I drive it too much, I’ve been told $1600/yr, and I’ve been told $160/yr. What the hell is going on?
    It's kind of the same with regular insurance, isn't it? At least that's been my experience. I have a few cars insured through the Corvette Museum (none are Corvettes). They use American Modern to underwrite. Reviews are good but it's the claims process that counts and there is less published information about that on any insurer. Quotes were better than Hagerty, Grundy, State Farm, Progressive, and every other company I called. A daily driver on a separate policy is a requirement, as is locked storage. Mileage limits are common although some insurers let you dictate how many miles. Availability will also vary by state. I know people who have Hagerty and Progressive with no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Sweet baby jesus. I just went from 6 to midnight.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Nearly lost a plastic cap in my diff today.

I was getting ready to put fresh oil in the front diff of the yoter using one of those Valvoline flexfill bags. I wanted to test my angle so I put the capped end into the hole. Pulled it out and the cap was gone. Fuck. Filled and emptied the diff with no luck. Put the passenger side up on ramps and tried again. All the oil drained and just as I was getting ready to start cussing again, the cap plopped out. Cost me a couple bags of gear oil, but that’s a lot cheaper than a tear down. Phew.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Garage dried out.

Lost at least 5lbs.

Gained?

https://youtube.com/shorts/j355y4k5bz0
    Last edited by Touring_Sedan; 03-13-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks for that. I love listening to i thermal combustion engine exhaust videos, especially when you get on it.

Seriously. I do.

In other news, my heated drivers seat seems to be working now... And all i did was clean the ground strap. Crazy.
    sigless.

Anyone have experience with a valve adjustment on a Honda V6 ? My van has about 200k and starting to make some valve noise and I'm dreading the job. I haven't done a valve adjustment for about 35 years and nit willing to pay $8-900.

sigless.

Or just put some 20w-50 in and call it a day.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Or just put some 20w-50 in and call it a day.
    Bush League. I run Rotella in the Rover. It's like cold maple syrup.

I have a strong urge to come over and wash your engine bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I have a strong urge to come over and wash your engine bay.
    You'll knock off all the zip ties.

Maybe it's fine , the diesel truck sound is close to what I have going on.

Good idea, just tell everyone its a rare JDM diesel.
    Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  30.1 KB

Anybody pulled the turn signal relay switch on an ‘06 sienna or that vintage? It’s is a fucking awkward place, I can’t get it to budge, and I can’t figure out how it’s plugged in. Do I pull down, toward driver side, toward passenger side or toward engine bay. I’m concerned about breaking plastic especially it I’m pushing or pulling hard the wrong way.

Post CA snow dump, van was buried for 2 weeks, we let it mostly melt off. Apparently, hazard lights went on the fritz and killed the battery. Can’t get them off to turn off. There’s some water on the floor of the driver foot well, but it’s totally dry around the relay area, so I’m hoping the relay failed and not due to corrosion or something else

Thoughts and feelings?

There is most likely a tab/tang that is holding the body in place to a bracket. Feel around the hidden side, try to push on it with a hook tool or a small straight blade screw driver. If you look at the one he pulled in this video out you can see where it mounts, that is where the release tab will be on a bracket. Sometimes sneaking a phone in and taking a photo can be helpful visualizing where you need to press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzGHwgyxoHE

Thx. I’ll take another try. I watched that video multiple times earlier.

I still couldn’t get the fucker to budge and I almost dropped my little screwdriver into no-man’s land that I use to tune my 2-stroke carbs. I’m gonna try to buy the replacement relay to figure out how the thing slides on and off. What a PITA. One of my hands looks like and cat tried to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Bush League. I run Rotella in the Rover. It's like cold maple syrup.

That is the same stuff I use in the CJ. Most guys with older trucks recommend it. I am in FL though. I don't worry too much about it getting too cold. How does that stuff flow up north?

Just gonna leave this here.
    Some good advice. Don't mind his annoying up talk, HEY GUYS!!
    That pic is driving my OCD nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I still couldn’t get the fucker to budge and I almost dropped my little screwdriver into no-man’s land that I use to tune my 2-stroke carbs. I’m gonna try to buy the replacement relay to figure out how the thing slides on and off. What a PITA. One of my hands looks like and cat tried to kill it.
    Do you have the factory service manual to reference? It's probably floating around online somewhere.

Aw yeah...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230318_230043251.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	452386
    sigless.

Kind of a busy car repair week. Passenger window replacement after a break in on my kids car. That you junk yard for a $40 window !
    As I'm giving it a quick once over while the cars at home I see coolant stains in top of the radiator, quick pressure test shows a 4" hairline crack. Order a new radiator and swap that bitch out after work Wed, replace valve cover gaskets that have been leaking for God knows how long.
    After I do the gasket job I'm thinking I should finally adjust the valves on my Odyssey considering people's recommended it be done around 150k, I'm at 209k and don't think it's ever been done. I have seen some anecdotal info saying if you are reading a range of MAP voltage The valve gap should be fine. I can't get any confirmation this is a factual way to check so I tear into the fucker starting 7am. Fuck me, 6 1/2 hours later I'm finally done and the car sounds and runs pretty much the same
    Found a few exhaust valves that were a bit tight but for the most part things were fine.
    Probably should have left well enough alone.
    Last edited by fatnslow; 03-20-2023 at 10:32 AM.

^^^ at least you didn't fuck it up.
    sigless.

[QUOTE=basinbeater;6827165]^^^ at least you didn't fuck it up.[/QUOT

That's exactly what I told my wife. I was so fucking beat I didn't even put away my tools, that's today's mission. On a better note I read someone post this is much longer and more tedious than the timing belt/wp replacement that is next on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    That's exactly what I told my wife. I was so fucking beat I didn't even put away my tools, that's today's mission. On a better note I read someone post this is much longer and more tedious than the timing belt/wp replacement that is next on my list.
    I know it's frustrating, but I suppose that's part of the process of resolving the issue. At least you didn't pay a gazillion $$$ to the dealer to achieve the exact same results. Plus you picked up some great new skillz along the way! Solid work knocking out all the tasks you have tho! Glass half full.

But I hear ya. It's taken me a couple weeks of dicking around with removing my S60's axle but FINALLY achieved success yesterday. Of course in the process I destroyed the lower control arm ball joint, but there was no way around it with the condition some of this hardware was in so I suppose it was good to replace it all anyway. Replacement hardware's on the way. Decided not to dick with doing the boot replacement myself, so took the axle to an old school axle repair shop today and they replaced/greased the boot and basically cleaned and refurbed it for me in like 30 minutes. And for minimal pesos too! Score.

Rusted ass siezed bolts and nuts have made this portion of the job a total PITA. I shoulda paid more attention to the fact that this car started out in Minnesota before taking this project on. Haha. I've probably mentioned it before, but I have come to really hate suspension work on older cars. Particularly without access to a lift. Struts on the C30 are next, so hopefully it won't be as difficult as this particular endeavor has been.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I know it's frustrating, but I suppose that's part of the process of resolving the issue. At least you didn't pay a gazillion $$$ to the dealer to achieve the exact same results. Plus you picked up some great new skillz along the way! Solid work knocking out all the tasks you have tho! Glass half full.

But I hear ya. It's taken me a couple weeks of dicking around with removing my S60's axle but FINALLY achieved success yesterday. Of course in the process I destroyed the lower control arm ball joint, but there was no way around it with the condition some of this hardware was in so I suppose it was good to replace it all anyway. Replacement hardware's on the way. Decided not to dick with doing the boot replacement myself, so took the axle to an old school axle repair shop today and they replaced/greased the boot and basically cleaned and refurbed it for me in like 30 minutes. And for minimal pesos too! Score.

Rusted ass siezed bolts and nuts have made this portion of the job a total PITA. I shoulda paid more attention to the fact that this car started out in Minnesota before taking this project on. Haha. I've probably mentioned it before, but I have come to really hate suspension work on older cars. Particularly without access to a lift. Struts on the C30 are next, so hopefully it won't be as difficult as this particular endeavor has been.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think Honda might be the last mfg. that still make engines that need valve adjustments. The 3 exhaust valves against the fire wall are done blind and the first/last time I adjusted valves was about 35 years ago on my 1989 Civic.