Page 89 of 236 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 5882
    Stripping the interior is the only way to figure out what trim pieces need to be replaced. Plus I am redoing the headliners and SEM coloring all the trim once we find the seats to template the color off. There is barely any rust now, so a well documented rust proofing will go a long way if and when I sell it down the road. It is pretty fun too, as long as you keep track of the screws. I plan on replacing all the trim screws over time, because it is pretty cheap. For now, every screw is getting OSPHO treatment.
    Last edited by warthog; 12-11-2020 at 05:19 PM.

220k on ol bruinhilda and her rack is leaking like a siv. Might as well do motor mounts while I'm in there. Wrongntime of year for this bullshit

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    220k on ol bruinhilda and her rack is leaking like a siv. Might as well do motor mounts while I'm in there. Wrongntime of year for this bullshit

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You might try some at-205 to slow down the leak. It rejuvenates old rubber seals. You can pray and hope it's just one of the hoses with a failing crimp.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Just toss your meter on the positive battery post to ground. If it reads 13.8-14.1 or so at idle, your alternator is fine. Should be pretty stable if you rev the motor and check as well. Turn bunch of stuff on, should be stable.
    Just a quick follow up. Every multimeter test I could throw at it is looking good on all fronts. Thank God. Battery tests fine too. Coincidentally, one of the pulleys/belt tensioners started making an awful noise intermittently, which could explain some of the oddities I've been seeing. That extra strain could maybe keep it from charging enough at times or the A/C to not run strong (sometimes), right? Sometimes does it on startup then maybe here and there the first 5 minutes of driving. Since the colder weather has started though, all problems have mysteriously gone away. Go figure. Freaking Volvo. I guess my car misses Montana too. Haha.

Sounds like you need an obd2 reader that can read all the modules in your car. For our newer bmws (which we got rid of because they are pieces of shit) I have a bluetooth adapter that hooks into the obd2 connector, and using a program on my phone, I could read all information on all electronic modules. Errors, modify program parameters, etc ... Adapter is cheap, program was like $100. I guarantee you your car is reporting a multitude of errors. If you have a bad pulley that causes the serpentine belt to not spin the ac and alternator effectively at all times, that is a simple problem to fix. Clear codes, see if that does the trick. If you get one of those programmer dealies, DON'T BRICK YOUR CAR. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

What's the Volvo program, Vida? Yeah if I remember right when I had mine you get the bluetooth dongle and pay for the program. If you have a beater old laptop that you can dedicate to it that's the best way to go. I'm trying to decide if the best way to go for my Range Rover is this almost all inclusive reader and programmer that's a consumer level tool or go for the full on JLR program, a dongle and use an old laptop. My thing is I don't know squat about this stuff and I'd be that dumbass that bricks the car and superlocks myself inside while I'm working on it, yes Land Rover has a superlock problem designed in. It's a leftover from when BMW owned them, I think it's the Germans punishing the Brits for WW2. The difference is the consumer tool is about double the cost of the JLR program.

I stopped to get a shot of this rig I owned 26/27 years ago. It’s a yard runner at a towing yard now. I had spotted it back there a while ago, but hadn’t been up close.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2480F12E-8331-45A1-9F47-AF44D1C5F87F.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	724.8 KB 
ID:	350874

I loved that lil rig. Neat to see it sort of alive, although I guess in a car nursing home of sorts.

^^ Oh shit, is your name Al? I had a friend back when that had one that I think looked like that. It had a Nissan V6 and was (mostly) unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I stopped to get a shot of this rig I owned 26/27 years ago. It’s a yard runner at a towing yard now. I had spotted it back there a while ago, but hadn’t been up close.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2480F12E-8331-45A1-9F47-AF44D1C5F87F.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	724.8 KB 
ID:	350874

I loved that lil rig. Neat to see it sort of alive, although I guess in a car nursing home of sorts.
    That car is like 112 in human years so a car nursing home isn't such a bad place to be, at least it still kicking. You should offer a couple spare tires, 6pack and some swiss cheeses skis for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    That car is like 112 in human years so a car nursing home isn't such a bad place to be, at least it still kicking. You should offer a couple spare tires, 6pack and some swiss cheeses skis for trade.
    He won’t discuss it. He literally walked away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ Oh shit, is your name Al?
    Nope.
    I would be surprised if his had the same 2 piece fiberglass hardtop. I’ve never seen another like it. It’s how I knew for sure this was the exact same one and not just a lookalike.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    For a hard top Sami??

That thing would fetch thousands pretty quickly on CL.

What's the Volvo program, Vida? Yeah if I remember right when I had mine you get the bluetooth dongle and pay for the program. If you have a beater old laptop that you can dedicate to it that's the best way to go. I'm trying to decide if the best way to go for my Range Rover is this almost all inclusive reader and programmer that's a consumer level tool or go for the full on JLR program, a dongle and use an old laptop. My thing is I don't know squat about this stuff and I'd be that dumbass that bricks the car and superlocks myself inside while I'm working on it, yes Land Rover has a superlock problem designed in. It's a leftover from when BMW owned them, I think it's the Germans punishing the Brits for WW2. The difference is the consumer tool is about double the cost of the JLR program.
    I use one of these. It can access modules I didn't even know existed

https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-3...verjaguar.html

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post

They have these on Amazon prime incase it doesn't work out. I picked up a unit for a Saab but didn't work and return was super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post

Yeah those do most things but the Gap iid tool can even program keys and the icarsoft can't. Considering that a key from the dealer is $650 and from a locksmith it's $450 the $530 for tool and blank key seems to be a deal. It can also program air suspension heights that the icarsoft can't. But it's $530...

Fkn old brittle plastic sux sometime ya know. I was changing out a simple thing and broke the tabs off two trim pieces. Fuck. By the time I'm done dealing with inside stuff I'm not going to have any trim pieces left...

Fkn old brittle plastic sux sometime ya know. I was changing out a simple thing and broke the tabs off two trim pieces. Fuck. By the time I'm done dealing with inside stuff I'm not going to have any trim pieces left...
    If you figure out a fix, let me know. I have seen people fix plastic with a soldering iron. Might be worth a try. I have a line on a '96 Bronco in a JY about 1.5 hours from here. Interior looks mint, assuming any of it is still there. I have to call them tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.

Haha, they probably used a couple of tubes of gorilla glue to hold the interior together. I've had reasonable success with model glue, it will hold those tabs on well enough that things don't rattle but they pop right off when you go to pull the panel again.

96 Bronco is one that's been on my hit list for a while now. It's the only year they had airbags up front and I'm pretty sure it also went to OBD2 that year.

Haha, they probably used a couple of tubes of gorilla glue to hold the interior together. I've had reasonable success with model glue, it will hold those tabs on well enough that things don't rattle but they pop right off when you go to pull the panel again.

96 Bronco is one that's been on my hit list for a while now. It's the only year they had airbags up front and I'm pretty sure it also went to OBD2 that year.
    '94- '96 had Driver side airbag. I think '96 was the only OBD2.
    Our '95 is Mass Air.

I am only trying to poach the interior on that '96, plus a couple other parts.
    It looks amazing from the pics till you see why it was bought by the JY. The whole passenger side is crunched, and probably totaled by the insurance company due to frame bend. They are not selling the frame, which tells the tale.

I'm getting into some basic dialing in things and about to get a bit more serious next week if I can find some garage space for an afternoon because winter is supposed to get here Wednesday. Replaced the passenger side mirror glass today because the chromatic glass turned brown, replaced a few bulbs and still have two more, changed a leaky hose but can't see where another goes laying on the ground so still have to do that one, got the rear pads changed but the brakes still squeal big time so I'll get the fronts when I pull everything else apart soon (I hate screechy brakes). Job anxiety is fading and brittle old plastics still suck.

latest acquisition, 66K original miles,
    Name:  islander.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  117.8 KB

Job anxiety is fading
    Glad to hear it. I hope you can find a nice warm garage to knock some stuff out in!

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Bad ass. What is the drivetrain? YJs seem to be the bastard of the Jeep world but I actually prefer the look.

Those can be found for cheap now. I don't think the rectangular headlight Jeeps will ever be worth much, but they are still a ton of fun and cheap to fix and find parts for.
    That thing looks pretty clean from here. How is it inside?

Why don't trim pieces ever fit the same after you take them off? I can only imagine what it's going to look like after I drop the headliner

Wrenchin... Adventures under the hood... Put em here.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Name:  islander.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  117.8 KB
    Nice!! Cool to find a low mile stocker with a hard top!

That islander trim graphics package is nice, the graphics still have a cool retro flare I’m also curious on the driveline. Cool jeep!

My buddy has an 87 4.2L we will be wrenching on, have to get it back on the road as his primary truck was the target of some random arson and it’s not covered by insurance. It was a 98 3/4 ton in good nick; 5.7 and a 5 speed.

Name:  IMG_2596.JPG
Views: 979
Size:  138.2 KB RIP ol girl.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!