Page 131 of 234 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 5831
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It's close but the Sport and full size are completely different vehicles. The Sport is a body on frame and the L322 is unibody with subframes and mine also has the supercharger cooler in the way. The one in the video is also the next gen and has a totally different motor. That damned supercharger is awfully nice when things are going right but I'm proving why a NA motor is better to own. I was at my regular mechanic today dialing in some stuff on the wife's new car and he said he'd beat or at least equal that other shop and he'll do the additional stuff for only 2 more hours of labor. He'll also let me bring the parts and help so I can learn about all this shit if I want. Win.
    Problem solved ! If you have a competent and honest mechanic give them a shot. You'll be able to save a ton if he doesn't mind letting you provide parts, if you help you should provide a couple cases of beer after the job for slowing him down.

Haha yeah. I should find some Dominican Rum for Julio, the owner. I totally trust him and his crew but- LR not Chevy... although this was the scene in there today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220120_130743.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	402090
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220120_165314_HDR.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	402091  

Weird the beer pic ended up here

Nice choice on the beer. My old stomping grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    If there was anything to exemplify how fucking fat society has gotten over the years, it's the difference in those two seats.
    Well, the other seat is an aftermarket Bestop seat that isn't the correct height or width to the original Eddie Bauer seats. I think the original seats were pretty close to these "new" ones. I am a fairly normal sized 5'10" 185 lbs guy, and the new seats, even with their temp wood base, are WAYYYY more comfy. So yay fat mini van drivers, I guess.

Mags.. I need your help.

3rd gen 4runner, 3.4l v6

Check Engine Light came on the other day accompanied with very rough running.. code says its a 4th cylinder misfire. I just replaced the spark plug on the 4th cylinder, but no luck. Research says it could be an ignition coil, but if the ignition coil is bad wouldn't I have the 1st and 4th cylinder misfiring??? not just the 4th (the 4th and 1st cylinder share ignition coils)...

Maybe it could be the wiring from the 1st to the 4th, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Any experience/ideas?

Pull the coil, move it to another cylinder and see if the problem moves with it.

Pull the coil, move it to another cylinder and see if the problem moves with it.
    I swapped coils and the problem is still at the 4th cylinder. Starting to think its a wiring problem that I cant find or a faulty fuel injector.. hopefully whatever is cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    I swapped coils and the problem is still at the 4th cylinder. Starting to think its a wiring problem that I cant find or a faulty fuel injector.. hopefully whatever is cheaper
    Swap plug wires from #4 to a different plug?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Evdog, if that doesn't work (you'll eventually just break the subframe without some struts diagonally down from farther back), swing by here and I'll help you make your dream rack. My TIG welder and tubing bender exist mostly to make moto racks, it seems.
    Will do! Always looking for a reason to head to your area. Hopefully the subframe holds up. The rack doesn't take a lot of weight back there given the strap over the bike stem. But we'll see. It held up for over a year with no bracing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    I don't recall the cylinder numbering on those but if the coil is on #1 and not #4 then if you're lucky it's just the wire, or plug.

I fucked around with one of these for fucking ever, with your symptoms, and it ended up being that injector was bad. Figured it out after swapping every other ignition component out. Mine was intermittent enough that I never got a code, bc it only missed at high rpms. Anyway, changing out the injector wasn't the worst thing in the world. The diagnosis was way more frustrating!

Edit, saw you changed plug, hope it's the wire because those 3.4s eat wires up. then check to make sure the plug tube seals aren't leaking oil down in there, it'll short out, after that... I'd look at the injector.

Coils can feed multiple cylinder plug wires. My older subaru had a single coil feeding 4 cyls, my tacoma 4 cyl has 2 coils.

If youre good with a multimeter and checking resistance it might be a quick check with a known good coil and the suspect coil.

Or as gravity said swap coils clear the code and drive it.

PSA: Don't be an absent-minded old phart and move your truck while the battery charger is still hooked up. It's a good thing it was a cheapie Harbor Freight unit because the power wire just pulled out but it coulda been ugly if I wasn't a frugal fellow

Got a new sticker for the Rover......

Also, RE: plugging in the VW, just drill the bumper. The Wrangler unplugs herself.

And yes, I see the irony that one side of my garage is making fun of the other side...... but I think I've said this before, there's no such thing as too many solid axles.

^^ As long as one isn't a Mustang.

So as I was driving around this morning doing shit I realized that I've been approaching things wrong. Those portable carport things with roll-down sides are 10x20 so when I got home I measured the flattest part of the upper section of the driveway and it's 11 feet wide. I'm gonna order me a garage that won't break setback codes Add a propane heater and it's still only half of what I'd pay for labor for just this one big job. Win.

Before I commit does anyone have any experience with these things?

Not personally but 1 of 10 homes in my hood have one. Sounds like a good plan.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Hey at least it's not a blue tarp

So as I was driving around this morning doing shit I realized that I've been approaching things wrong. Those portable carport things with roll-down sides are 10x20 so when I got home I measured the flattest part of the upper section of the driveway and it's 11 feet wide. I'm gonna order me a garage that won't break setback codes Add a propane heater and it's still only half of what I'd pay for labor for just this one big job. Win.

Be careful with the propane heater. Tarp material goes up in flames faster than Jewish lightening.

How much snow do you get? They can't take much.

Yeah, I was thinking one of the infrared ones but I'll look at it some more before I commit. Some of the ones I see around here have been out for years and are still standing but they look like there's plywood or something under the cover because it doesn't sag when there's snow on it. Ehh, the wife isn't sold on it so I might get skunked anyway.

I've had one I bought from Costco (or maybe Amazon) up for 3? years, It's held up well but this fall I was noticing the roof was beginning to look a little thin and I covered it with a second black / silver tarp. The secret to making them last is to screw the legs to a pressure treated 2x12, it keeps the legs from moving and the wind from blowing it away. I've had up to 10" or more of heavy wet snow on mine several times and usually it will slide off without too much work by pushing it off from the inside with a push broom. I don't know how long they'd stay up with a heavy load of snow on them, I usually clean it off as soon as possible.

We'll, I'd been letting the e34 go for too long. Had developed a wobble, and a clunk, and had worn parts. So. New parts, all 4 control arms, both front wheel bearings, both front strut mounts. Suspension nice and tight now. Clunk was determined to be a loose pass side motor mount nut. Tightened, and double nutted so it won't come loose again. No more clunkin.
    Couple pics...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_163326.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	402550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_164142.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	402551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_165145.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	402552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_165152.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	402553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211218_172227.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	402554

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Wrenchin... Adventures under the hood... Put em here.

Stripped a couple studs on the bottom of my exhaust manifold when replacing the Y-pipe ( fuck you catalytic converter thieves) and got tired of resetting my P2097 from the leak getting to my sensor so I started in on replacing the manifold today. Little did I know the last person to remove the manifold broke off two bolts and decided to just leave them there. Luckily a vise-grip took them out without issue
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3710.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	402574

That is lucky. Fuckinnsucks when previous owners bungle shit up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.