Page 108 of 236 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 5882
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    SFB's piss is 50% thc.
    His urethra must resemble the inside of a potheads pipe.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

^^^ lets hear more on it simple. whats in what?

the dash is what I am dreading opening up.

I put a Gen3 3SGTE engine in a Toyota Celica Alltrac (GT4) that had a blown Gen1 3SGTE. All original unmodified car. Crazy rare but affordable to rebuild...when I can actually find parts

Sick. I thought that looked like a 3sgte. What kind of power are you going for?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Sick. I thought that looked like a 3sgte. What kind of power are you going for?

sent from Utah.
    Stock Gen3 ECU and I should have close to 250hp. Not going to tweak it until I get it on the road. They can put down big power but the 80s/90s engine management is garbage so it becomes a big project. I'll leave that to the MR2 nutcases.

Oh and BTW I practiced the dash removal on cars at the junk yard before doing my own. Nothing to fear but small stuff getting broken that is annoying to replace/fix

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Oh and BTW I practiced the dash removal on cars at the junk yard before doing my own. Nothing to fear but small stuff getting broken that is annoying to replace/fix
    That's the part that would scare me the most. I hate those little brittle plastic connectors.

Damn nice simple!

Prob could go in shit that annoys you but just got done swapping a front coil in the wifes 4runner. A less than a month old fancy dobinsons remote resi that was spewing fluid from the resi. Luckily still have the old sway a way coils. They've been super responsive but said it's been happening(WTF?!). Hope they do right by us since the new suspension has worked pretty awesome on the few trails we ran. Also I can swap coils in about 20min now.

Here's a shitty gotos pic unfortunately everything on the rack was used..Name:  FB_IMG_1627072694290.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  164.3 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Damn nice simple!

Prob could go in shit that annoys you but just got done swapping a front coil in the wifes 4runner. A less than a month old fancy dobinsons remote resi that was spewing fluid from the resi. Luckily still have the old sway a way coils. They've been super responsive but said it's been happening(WTF?!). Hope they do right by us since the new suspension has worked pretty awesome on the few trails we ran. Also I can swap coils in about 20min now.

Here's a shitty gotos pic unfortunately everything on the rack was used..Name:  FB_IMG_1627072694290.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  164.3 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Dope.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I put a Gen3 3SGTE engine in a Toyota Celica Alltrac (GT4) that had a blown Gen1 3SGTE. All original unmodified car. Crazy rare but affordable to rebuild...when I can actually find parts

nice simple, rare indeed

Coolant flow question for car folks.
    When checking coolant flow in the upper and lower radiator hose how much resistance should I feel when I squeeze it with my hand ? The coolant temp gauge reads right in the middle thermostat seems to open/close properly and cooling fans cycle just fine. It just seems like there isn't much resistance when I squeeze it with the thermostat open.
    Both hoses are hot to the touch and if I give it throttle there isn't much difference until I release the throttle I feel momentary build up then back to usual.
    The patient is a 2000 Acura Tl with 180k miles that my kids drive.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Coolant flow question for car folks.
    When checking coolant flow in the upper and lower radiator hose how much resistance should I feel when I squeeze it with my hand ? The coolant temp gauge reads right in the middle thermostat seems to open/close properly and cooling fans cycle just fine. It just seems like there isn't much resistance when I squeeze it with the thermostat open.
    Both hoses are hot to the touch and if I give it throttle there isn't much difference until I release the throttle I feel momentary build up then back to usual.
    The patient is a 2000 Acura Tl with 180k miles that my kids drive.
    Sounds normal to me ...if they're both hot to the touch, I would think that's more important than a squeeze resistance.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Sounds normal to me ...if they're both hot to the touch, I would think that's more important than a squeeze resistance.
    Should have read this before I replaced the thermostat AGAIN. New new stat and exactly the same. See

A little while ago I got some wheels and tires off an XJ to put on my Jumping Jack. Finally getting around to throwing them on tomorrow morning, but I'm going to get a good look at the hubs when I pull the old wheels and tires off. Hopefully the hubs look good, and I'll repack the bearings if possible. Once the bigger wheels and tires are on I'll see if I need to modify the fenders at all. A few weeks ago I saw someone with the same trailer with some tires that looked BIG, so maybe I'll be able to get away with it easy.

Should have read this before I replaced the thermostat AGAIN. New new stat and exactly the same. See
    Have the coolant system and radiator cap been pressure tested? I would expect some resistance after the car has been driven for a while and things are warmed up. A quick google suggests the stock cap is rated at 16 psi.

Radiator cap is about 3 months old and pressure tested after new thermostat last night and holds 15 psi for 20 minutes. Taking if for a drive and checking mid drive. I did drive about 20 minutes last night and there was no change. The thing I'm not sure of is what is normal for this car ?

I had a 2002 Acura TL-S awhile ago - only significant trouble area I remember from that car was the transmission being notorious for problems. Nice car otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I had a 2002 Acura TL-S awhile ago - only significant trouble area I remember from that car was the transmission being notorious for problems. Nice car otherwise.
    This was my brothers car he bought new and YES the transmission failed and a reman put in at some point. He use to baby this thing and take it to the dealer for the first 10-15 years but the last few years it's seen minimal usage and a bit neglected.
    After a 30 minute drive the cooling pressure built up in the hoses. I didn't realize it took a decent drive to build cooling pressure so seems I wasted a couple hours of my life last night replacing the thermostat .
    All sorts of minor stuff that needed some attention since he gave it to us for a kid car.
    Still drives great, just want to get it completely dialed in so I don't get calls about it from the side of the road from one of the kids.

This was my brothers car he bought new and YES the transmission failed and a reman put in at some point. He use to baby this thing and take it to the dealer for the first 10-15 years but the last few years it's seen minimal usage and a bit neglected.
    After a 30 minute drive the cooling pressure built up in the hoses. I didn't realize it took a decent drive to build cooling pressure so seems I wasted a couple hours of my life last night replacing the thermostat .
    All sorts of minor stuff that needed some attention since he gave it to us for a kid car.
    Still drives great, just want to get it completely dialed in so I don't get calls about it from the side of the road from one of the kids.
    Make sure you run the heater a few times to ensure you don't have an air bubble working it's way through the system. Whenever I do work on the cooling system, I usually have to top it off at the end of the week after the air has worked it's way through. Also a great time to teach the kid what coolant smells like.

Call me a curmudgeon, but I firmly believe it builds both character and mechanical awareness for teenagers to drive cars that aren't completely dialed. Safety stuff, sure, but the rest of it, meh, good learning opportunities, plus they'll be all the more grateful when they get a car that is dialed (or they'll be willing to spend decades driving POSes so they have more money for skiing...win/win in my book).

I haven't convinced my wife yet, but I'll worry about that battle when we get to that point. If the kids get into skiing, I went have to worry about us having cash for nice cars for anyone, let alone the kids.

ETA: and I should add that the people I knew who grew up with crappy cars are the ones who will notice gauges indicating problems, while the ones who didn't are more likely to turn up the radio and hope s noise goes away. YMMV, of course.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Call me a curmudgeon, but I firmly believe it builds both character and mechanical awareness for teenagers to drive cars that aren't completely dialed. Safety stuff, sure, but the rest of it, meh, good learning opportunities, plus they'll be all the more grateful when they get a car that is dialed (or they'll be willing to spend decades driving POSes so they have more money for skiing...win/win in my book).

I haven't convinced my wife yet, but I'll worry about that battle when we get to that point. If the kids get into skiing, I went have to worry about us having cash for nice cars for anyone, let alone the kids.

ETA: and I should add that the people I knew who grew up with crappy cars are the ones who will notice gauges indicating problems, while the ones who didn't are more likely to turn up the radio and hope s noise goes away. YMMV, of course.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I get what you're saying, but it is a 19 year old car, so even if he fixes everything it is still gonna have stuff pop up that needs fixed. Then he says "alright kids, we can work on this together, or you can pay for a mechanic yourself."

My dad didn't do shit on our cars growing up, barely even did maintenance. Moving across the country for college in an unmaintained hand me down with little money and a desire to learn taught me a lot.

Maybe some of his kids are girls and he'd prefer the car not to break down somewhere. I know I didn't want mine driving the shitshows I did when I was that age

Car that randomly misfires on the freeway seequality as a safety issue ? Pretty sure I came here for a quick auto repair question not parenting advice and I use to think like you until I was a few decades into parenthood and realized it wasn't 1979 but 2009 so evolved a bit.
    I understand where your coming from because I have had the same conversation with enough friends and talk about how we have all failed by making it easy for our kids.
    Sometimes when your short on time and patience it's much faster and easier to just knock stuff out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Make sure you run the heater a few times to ensure you don't have an air bubble working it's way through the system. Whenever I do work on the cooling system, I usually have to top it off at the end of the week after the air has worked it's way through. Also a great time to teach the kid what coolant smells like.
    For sure and I also used the magic funnel while letting it runs good 30 minutes.

Car that randomly misfires on the freeway seequality as a safety issue ? Pretty sure I came here for a quick auto repair question not parenting advice and I use to think like you until I was a few decades into parenthood and realized it wasn't 1979 but 2009 so evolved a bit.
    I understand where your coming from because I have had the same conversation with enough friends and talk about how we have all failed by making it easy for our kids.
    Sometimes when your short on time and patience it's much faster and easier to just knock stuff out yourself.
    I might sound like a country song, but I learned more about life, and more about livin' from growing up with shitty cars than I ever learned from school. Thanks, Dad. From the profanity lessons you gave me when you were trying to get the harmonic balancer off of the Grand Am, to the inevitable acceptance that the Bonneville wasn't ever going to have air conditioning, I'm a better person for it. Too bad your kid is gonna have to figure out how to afford 93 octane. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.