Thread: Be like Fred

Be like Fred

He's a lifer for sure. Definitely has a sketchy side to him as well. His book "Challenge of the North Cascades" is a great book if anybody is looking for a good read.

Awesome.

"Beware of Beckey: Steal your woman, steal your route."

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    He's a lifer for sure. Definitely has a sketchy side to him as well. His book "Challenge of the North Cascades" is a great book if anybody is looking for a good read.
    I bet there is some good stories. I'll have to check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    "Beware of Beckey: Steal your woman, steal your route."
    I've heard that. A friend with a hot gf ran into him in the bc. My friend said "hi Fred blah blah blah" . It was like my friend wasn't there. Fred was busy chatting up his gf. His drive for climbing isn't the only drive that's remained apparently

Friend of mine used to climb with him. One time they were climbing some illegal desert tower that was on Indian land. The reservation police spotted them and were shouting at them to come down. Beckey started dislodging huge boulders off the tower and sending them smashing down to the ground where the cops were, all the while screaming and cursing at them. My friend was like holy crap, Fred is losing his shit. When it got dark they managed to rap off the thing and sneak away.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Friend of mine used to climb with him. One time they were climbing some illegal desert tower that was on Indian land. The reservation police spotted them and were shouting at them to come down. Beckey started dislodging huge boulders off the tower and sending them smashing down to the ground where the cops were, all the while screaming and cursing at them. My friend was like holy crap, Fred is losing his shit. When it got dark they managed to rap off the thing and sneak away.
    Haaa wicked! I know those Fred stories are out there. Ballsy mf'r