Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I bet his farts don't smell at all

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I bet his farts don't smell at all
    and they sound divine!

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I see what you mean by tear drop. I suspect it’s just a super natural level of spatial awareness that enables him to be perfectly centered on every landing (or at least the ones on video). Most people are ok with a back slap if they recover and stay upright, he seems to always land on skis with only skis touching the snow. He pulls off what we all envision when we go for a drop.
    this makes a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I think his alignment is a bit off, but Ill defer to the PSIA coach of coaches to tell us how he can improve.
    Yah, I bet Candide isn't even sub 100 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    ...i know gravity works on everybody the same but he literally looks like he drops differently than every other skier to me. his take-offs seem to launch him higher, faster than most and then he comes down at a seemingly steeper angle but softer...
    No, gravity does not work on everybody the same. Yes, same freefall acceleration, but different force required to oppose that acceleration (popping at takeoffs, landing, speedchecks, turns, etc.).

Yes, everything looks different for a 5'6" 120 lb skier. The air beneath Candide appears even more huge because it's more body lengths of air for his short body compared to a tall skier getting the same actual height of air. Plus his low weight means he can steer, land, and speedcheck with ease even in light blower, whereas a heavy skier will just push the snow more away from himself instead of pushing himself away from the snow.

Plus tiny lightweight skiers can spin easy. I keep waiting for the tiny pros to revolutionize spinny airs by using heavy-ass ski poles to set the rotation, and to change angular velocity mid-flight. (Maybe start with 4-lb poles, then experiment from there with different weights.)

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    ...maybe it's something about the way he pulls is knees up.
    Yes, by pulling his knees up, his body height appears even shorter, which makes the air under him look even more huge in terms of body-lengths. Pretty much everyone does that sometimes to look cool, whether tall or short.

Oh, and Candide's editors keep choosing to release a lot of his rad skiing in real speed video, which makes his skiing look as sweet as it really is---instead of overusing slow-motion like the full-length ski films before Candide Camera, etc. Oh, and his "One of Those Days" series made inbounds rad again.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

This is my favorite Candide video. Storm skiing in the trees is also my favorite kind of skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Flails arms too much?
    So much. And he's always rotating to the left., Meh.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    agree- as much as I like sage, it's as if candide were born with skis on his feet. he's like a skiing tigger bouncing off everything. and also 2nd the poster that talked about his winning basically all the various disciplines outside racing

I wonder if candide's boots ever hurt? or is he supernatural and never experiences cold and boot pain like the rest of us?
    I was wondering the same thing. I've stood next to Sage and he's tiny. Makes up for it in attitude, though. Who are other sick skiers that still shop in the boys department ? Tanner ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

skiing tigger is good

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I've stood next to Sage and he's tiny. Makes up for it in attitude, though. Who are other sick skiers that still shop in the boys department ? Tanner ?
    Pretty much every big-name freeskier is on the shrimpy side with only a handful of exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster;
    his mind has to be a freak of nature as well.
    Totally. He has more confidence than any skier I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Pretty much every big-name freeskier is on the shrimpy side with only a handful of exceptions.
    Ian comes to mind. Partied with that dude post broken leg incident and he was at least 6' tall.
    Funny guy
    http://www.theskichannel.com/news/20...of-the-slopes/
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    This is my favorite Candide video. Storm skiing in the trees is also my favorite kind of skiing.

Watched the first 10 seconds. I do that all the time....he sucks.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Aziz skis pretty good too.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

2:13 - knocks the tree out of the way mid air. Something about that is just funny, I'd probably just hit it and eat shit. .

Pro skiers are pretty much like normal people, just smaller.

Lots. Sean Pettit is tiny. Johnny Collinson is on the smaller side. Jossi.. tiny.

That's kinda what impressed me so much about Durtschi is seeing how much he hucks, stomps, and makes shit look big while still being like 6'4

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I see what you mean by tear drop. I suspect it’s just a super natural level of spatial awareness that enables him to be perfectly centered on every landing (or at least the ones on video). Most people are ok with a back slap if they recover and stay upright, he seems to always land on skis with only skis touching the snow. He pulls off what we all envision when we go for a drop.
    I saw Candide deck over and over during practice for the x games half pipe, 20 feet out to deck, over and over and over again. he didn't end up competing that night. he's amazing but he definitely eats shit and eats shit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I saw Candide deck over and over during practice for the x games half pipe, 20 feet out to deck, over and over and over again. he didn't end up competing that night. he's amazing but he definitely eats shit and eats shit hard.
    Exactly. In almost all of his videos you can see an earlier line. (Probably from where/when he didn't nail it just right.)

Crashes on grass, dirt, pavement. No teardrops from this dude. Yells "Ça va" and goes again.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I don't get what the big deal is that's what i look like everytime I go across the high T

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    That's kinda what impressed me so much about Durtschi is seeing how much he hucks, stomps, and makes shit look big while still being like 6'4
    Durtschi is definitely not 6'4"

Cody is a tall ass dude. Saw him at Alyeska and didn't realize how tall he was.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I think he's at least 6' 8".

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    He's somewhere between 5'12 and 5'16

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    No, gravity does not work on everybody the same. Yes, same freefall acceleration, but different force required to oppose that acceleration (popping at takeoffs, landing, speedchecks, turns, etc.).

Yes, everything looks different for a 5'6" 120 lb skier. The air beneath Candide appears even more huge because it's more body lengths of air for his short body compared to a tall skier getting the same actual height of air. Plus his low weight means he can steer, land, and speedcheck with ease even in light blower, whereas a heavy skier will just push the snow more away from himself instead of pushing himself away from the snow.

Plus tiny lightweight skiers can spin easy. I keep waiting for the tiny pros to revolutionize spinny airs by using heavy-ass ski poles to set the rotation, and to change angular velocity mid-flight. (Maybe start with 4-lb poles, then experiment from there with different weights.)

Yes, by pulling his knees up, his body height appears even shorter, which makes the air under him look even more huge in terms of body-lengths. Pretty much everyone does that sometimes to look cool, whether tall or short.

Oh, and Candide's editors keep choosing to release a lot of his rad skiing in real speed video, which makes his skiing look as sweet as it really is---instead of overusing slow-motion like the full-length ski films before Candide Camera, etc. Oh, and his "One of Those Days" series made inbounds rad again.

tl;dr

1. Candide is like an ant falling from the empire state building. Just kind of floats down.

2. Most pro skiers don't even come up to Cody's or Ian's nipples.

3. Skiing is easier when you're the same size as a 14 year old (well, it was for me at least).
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point