Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    This Week in Canada...

Legal marijuana growing operation up in smoke in Langley - Firefighters recieve high praise for hitting the hot spots.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...ire-in-langley

Langley township fire crews are mopping up after a major fire Thursday morning that might have stemmed from a legal marijuana growing operation.

Fire department deputy chief Bruce Ferguson said about 30 firefighters attended the four-alarm blaze at 23009 Fraser Highway at 9:30 a.m.

The building was in flames when firefighters arrived, he added.

Ferguson said there were at least two businesses in the structure, which was destroyed, including a legal grow-op that was licensed by Health Canada for 30 plants.

As well, he said, there appears to have been a person sleeping in the grow-op who fled the scene when firefighters arrived.

Ferguson doesn’t yet know how the fire started or whether it was related to the grow-op, only that “I’m going to guess that it was probably electrically-related, but that’s purely speculation.”

Ferguson said there is no indication that anyone was injured, although firefighters received third-party reports that there might have been two people inside the building. “We haven’t been able to confirm that.”

He had no information about the other businesses in the structure, adding the fire didn’t spread to adjoining buildings.

“Firefighters are still on scene doing the mop-up, hitting the hot spots, and then they’ll begin their investigation process.”
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well if you fuckers would pay them I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to play in C-eh.
    Be nice.
    Can't you tell I'm wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Be nice.
    Can't you tell I'm wounded.
    Sorey, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sorey, eh?
    merci monsieur homme de glace

de rien

I've had with Canadian players that help US teams win the Cup. They must be banned from Canada.
    This is an act of treason and Marc-Andre Fleury is public enemy number one ! #bringbackthecuptoCanada
    Heh. You might as well root for Vegas now, since they're basically #teamcanadainthedesert

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Heh. You might as well root for Vegas now, since they're basically #teamcanadainthedesert
    FIFY
    #teamcanadathedeserters

Just venting my frustration but your point is never lost to a Canadian Hockey fan

Yep a little empty inside after the game but nice to see a first year club win the cup. GO Vegas!. And got to see David Byrne tonight so that took some of the pain away.

Speaking of Tim Hortons...and Timbits....

any true Canuck ever think about Horton's product sourcing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3712.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	236618

Name:	IMG_3745_1.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	373.2 KB 
ID:	236620

Name:	IMG_3744.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	236619

ALWAYS FRESH

Name:	IMG_3718.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	369.9 KB 
ID:	236621

Name:	IMG_3736.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	236622

HMMMMM....tastes a little gamey....

Name:	IMG_3762.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	236623
    Master of mediocrity.

I've had with Canadian players that help US teams win the Cup. They must be banned from Canada.
    This is an act of treason and Marc-Andre Fleury is public enemy number one ! #bringbackthecuptoCanada
    Dude its not a game ... It's a business
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This Week in Canada...

Kids bring pot-laced snacks to same elementary school on 2 occasions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-say-1.4673586

Oshawa police are hoping to educate parents after kids brought marijuana-laced snacks to the same elementary school on two separate occasions earlier this month.

A Grade 6 student brought home-baked cookies to the school on May 14 as a treat, police said in a release Tuesday.

After eating the cookies, four young students — aged 11 and 12 — reported feeling "dizzy and euphoric."

Investigators say a parent made the cookies for a spouse, who has a medical marijuana licence. The cookies ended up in the student's backpack by mistake.

In a "completely separate incident involving other kids the week before," police say THC-laced gummy bears were consumed in the same elementary school.

Four kids in Grades 7 and 8 — aged 12 and 13 — also reported feeling dizzy and euphoric after eating a gummy bear brought to school by one of the students.

Investigators don't yet know how the student got the gummy bears, as they were not made at home.

Police say they're investigating the incidents, and have also taken the time to educate parents about "the dangers and risks of consuming psychoactive chemicals at such an early age."

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This Week in Canada...

Kids bring pot-laced snacks to same elementary school on 2 occasions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-say-1.4673586
    Considering it's Oshawa I'm not surprised

This Week in Canada...

I don't even know what to say...

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/06/coup...table-fashion/

Couple Represented By ‘Lawyer Jesus Christ’ Lose In Totally Predictable Fashion

It turns out, deities speaking through stuffed animals aren't the best legal representation.

A pair of fundamentalist Christians in Canada found themselves on the losing end of a recent appellate decision confirming an earlier decision stripping them of custody of their baby. If that sounds weird, it’s because Canada still gives parents due process before taking their kids away. The result came as a shock to the parents who thought they’d scored top-notch representation for their big case.

Two fundamentalist Christian parents in Canada recently lost an appeal over custody of their baby after arguing in court that their “lawyer Jesus Christ” was speaking through them and that God was advising them by taking the form of a stuffed lion.

That must have been a fun pro hac vice motion. The couple is taking the loss hard, though it’s not clear why they’d rely on Jesus to represent them in the first place. The last time that guy handled a disturbing the peace charge it ended in the death penalty.

For the parents and their ersatz Aslan toy, the case was always an uphill battle because the record paints a horrifying picture of a wildly unsafe environment:

The Ministry of Children and Family Development got involved with AJ and DK [the parents, identified by initials] in 2016 after AJ told a facilitator at a lunch program that DK had choked her and “believes sexual relations between children should be encouraged”.

She would later deny making the disclosure, but the reports raised red flags because AJ was pregnant.

The baby — CJ — was delivered in a home birth Nov. 1, 2016, with the help of a paramedic called by AJ’s anxious parents.

The young mother refused a host of medical procedures, including eye drops for the baby, a bilirubin blood test and a hearing test. She also “expressed unwillingness to allow the child to receive vaccinations.”

Sexual relations between children is… not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This Week in Canada...

I don't even know what to say...

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/06/coup...table-fashion/
    The couple is taking the loss hard, though it’s not clear why they’d rely on Jesus to represent them in the first place. The last time that guy handled a disturbing the peace charge it ended in the death penalty.
    ha

trump blames canada for burning the whitehouse. in other news Guy Fawkes is pardoned

This week in Canada.

^ apparently it was pink when it was torched. You’re welcome America!

Maybe the brits will do it again, while King Feckless sleeps

Ford will be fine...after all:

Name:  stop sign smile.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  81.8 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Ford will be fine...after all:

Name:  stop sign smile.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  81.8 KB
    and how's that working for us...Canadians don't vote people in they vote people out, Ontario did what needed to be done.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    and how's that working for us...Canadians don't vote people in they vote people out, Ontario did what needed to be done.
    It's working out pretty good if the haters would get their head outta their collective asses and see how in the bigger picture globally, our shiny new pony is making Canada's rep great again. Can't really see any big blunders on his part really thus far. I like his policy decisions and/or backtracking on campaign promises that seemed to suck anyway.
    Master of mediocrity.

Not sure ‘bout us buying a pipeline though. Didn’t papa T also nationalize the oil industry? Mixed results at best.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Not sure ‘bout us buying a pipeline though.
    Yeah, appreciate different perspectives on the pipeline thingy but I'm all thumbs up for various reasons. Plus, I like the guts it took to make that call. Seems like a mid/long term gamble but I'm a gambling man so looking forward to looking back in 30 years to see if it was a good or bad call. Nobody's got a crystal ball.

In other Canadian news...don't know about Smithers area but Terrace mountains have had continuous snowfalls whenever it's precipitated in the alpine over the past few weeks...Junuary indeed. Too bad there's been so much clague and cloud to get any vis to enjoyably ski the alpine.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Yeah, appreciate different perspectives on the pipeline thingy but I'm all thumbs up for various reasons. Plus, I like the guts it took to make that call.
    Yeah I guess if you're aren't going follow the law and cases that say Kinder Morgan has every possible legal right to build it with their own money with no risk to the Canadian taxpayer let's spend money "we" don't have while investors flee the country.
    PM Zoolander is a clown.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    This week in Canada...

Onterrible blesses us all with four years of pure comedy.

RIP Rob Ford. I miss that guy.

This Week in Canada...

Hangry customer dials 911 to report late pizza.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...izza-1.4702415

A 32-year-old woman dialled 911 at about 9 p.m. Monday to report her pizza wasn't ready when she showed up at an Elgin, Ont., restaurant to pick it up, Leeds County OPP said.

When police arrived, they said the woman and her 10-year-old son were waiting in their car to file their culinary complaint.

"Officers educated her on the proper use of the 911 system," OPP said in a news release.

"For a life-threatening situation or imminent danger or crime that's in progress, that's when you call 911," OPP Staff Sgt. Josh Kingsley reminded residents.

There was no evidence to suggest the woman had been drinking, police said. She is not facing any charges.

The incident occurred about 120 kilometres south of Ottawa.

There was no word on whether the woman eventually got her pizza.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 06-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.