Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    With all the crap going on all over the world it was pretty awesome to see the first G6 country le ga lize it . Highlight of the week.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    K, on a lighter note, the Canadian football league: it’s basically made up of guys who could not make an NFL practice roster and still want to play a game similar to football and make more than a gig at Starbuck’s. Although not much more. They are great athletes, I’ll give them that, and it’s bullshit they get stuck playing Canadian rules “football”. They’re better than that.

It looks a lot like American football, but the ball is a basketball with stitches; the end zone is bigger than the field of play; that field of play is wider and longer than the NFL; there’s an extra man on the field and 3 downs instead of 4. You also get a point for kicking the ball into the opposing end zone not returned.

There are players up here who wear the number 0. Classy. Mind you the nfl allows faux fangs on mouthguards which is equally lame. I’d have a huge set of red lips. Oh there’s 6 teams! Or 8? And at one time two were named the rough riders! I’m not lying, it’s an 8 team league and two had the same name! And they battle for the Greg cup! 8 teams!

There are many who wonder why games don’t draw more than 5000 fans per. I just spelled it out above. Go to American rules and quadruple your gate. Seriously.

Anyway, all that digression to get to this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...-hit-1.4714218
    I used to work with a guy who got one of them rings from Greg for hupping that funny ball

he told me besides the bigger field and only 3 downs the other team lines up 1 yard off the ball which makes it easier to avoid that 300 lb guy from down south who only has one move

And I will tell whats wrong with foot ball ... Canadians wana watch Hockey
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    K, on a lighter note, the Canadian football league: it’s basically made up of guys who could not make an NFL practice roster and still want to play a game similar to football and make more than a gig at Starbuck’s. Although not much more. They are great athletes, I’ll give them that, and it’s bullshit they get stuck playing Canadian rules “football”. They’re better than that.

It looks a lot like American football, but the ball is a basketball with stitches; the end zone is bigger than the field of play; that field of play is wider and longer than the NFL; there’s an extra man on the field and 3 downs instead of 4. You also get a point for kicking the ball into the opposing end zone not returned.

There are players up here who wear the number 0. Classy. Mind you the nfl allows faux fangs on mouthguards which is equally lame. I’d have a huge set of red lips. Oh there’s 6 teams! Or 8? And at one time two were named the rough riders! I’m not lying, it’s an 8 team league and two had the same name! And they battle for the Greg cup! 8 teams!

There are many who wonder why games don’t draw more than 5000 fans per. I just spelled it out above. Go to American rules and quadruple your gate. Seriously.

Anyway, all that digression to get to this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...-hit-1.4714218
    FWIW I used to think the same thing. I don't believe that will improve much. Too few teams and poor(ish) coverage and very little drama.
    The CFL used to be a big deal with sold out games then US coverage in the late 70's and 80's was much better with far more teams and drama.

I have respect for CFL fans but I could never get into it because I was only a hockey fan as a spectator.

Even wonder why in a land of great beer our number one seller is budweiser. US Football commercials IMO

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I miss Doug's brother. Might have had a chance at getting legal crack.
    I truly miss Rob. He was the greatest Mayor TO every had even with being a drug addict.
    As for the crack thing.....I laughed. Imagine that. Dentists would make a killing if it was freely covered under our Health plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    FWIW I used to think the same thing. I don't believe that will improve much. Too few teams and poor(ish) coverage and very little drama.
    The CFL used to be a big deal with sold out games then US coverage in the late 70's and 80's was much better with far more teams and drama.

I have respect for CFL fans but I could never get into it because I was only a hockey fan as a spectator.

Even wonder why in a land of great beer our number one seller is budweiser. US Football commercials IMO
    Beer sales have always been about who advertised the most but real beer has put a huge dent in all of that. But to your point, yes, it is amazing that in any country where a selection of fine beer is readily available Bud is still king. See what I did there? Fuckin marketing.

But what about the hit? The d back taking out the drunk pantless guy running on the field? Nothing? Nobody cares? I thought it was great. Great for sport. Great for the py Football League. Great for Canada.

OK I take back the no drama thing. LoL

Maybe skiers or cyclists drink good beer but i don't really think of good beer and football fans in the same sentence, in any case the choice of beer is whatever brewery/cigarette mfger thro's the spancer money at an event gets all the beer concession and Bud is licensed by Labatts

I heard a story that at 2010 olympics the macro beer rep was trying to tell the Whistler Wiesels they owned the beer concession for all the olympics so the course workers couldn't have their own local beer supply in their own private beer tent

rep was told if you try that all the alpine venue's voly course workers will walk .

Rob Ford a good mayor ... lota crack out east eh?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Rob Ford a good mayor ... lota crack out east eh?
    Better than any sober one we ever had.
    When he was sober he was incredible
    When he was high he was embarrassing
    Good balance

Northwest B.C. news update: Our dear snowboarding leader graces Prince Rupert with his presence. Uber local gen 2 skier/owner of cowpuccinos coffee house Jud poses with his 90+ year old still skiing parents and J.T.

Political cynicism and sarcasm aside, just thought it was cool to have some of the founding fathers and mothers of the Rupert ski scene and offspring/gen 2 sharing some stoke with the p.m...guaranteed they talked snow.

Name:  35805541_1798244433596231_4132355620810522624_n.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  88.6 KB
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Better than any sober one we ever had.
    When he was sober he was incredible
    When he was high he was embarrassing
    Good balance

That guy was pretty awesome. Not that he was right on everything. But he was too smart for his own good. It hurts to see that much and feel that much. Hence, he got fucked up. RIP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180621-204829~2.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	633.2 KB 
ID:	239605

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Northwest B.C. news update: Our dear snowboarding leader graces Prince Rupert with his presence. Uber local gen 2 skier/owner of cowpuccinos coffee house Jud poses with his 90+ year old still skiing parents and J.T.

Political cynicism and sarcasm aside, just thought it was cool to have some of the founding fathers and mothers of the Rupert ski scene and offspring/gen 2 sharing some stoke with the p.m...guaranteed they talked snow.

Name:  35805541_1798244433596231_4132355620810522624_n.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  88.6 KB
    Magic! Awesome! Yeah home team!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Yeah always see Jud out and about som gfewhere in the narthwest or just at Cowpachino's THE place to start and end adventures

Amazing

A man and woman were arrested Monday, June 25, 2018 after trying to use a stolen credit card in a Spruce Grove Reddi Mart.

Great security cam footage leading to an amazing climax.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1427650
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I was attending a medical seminar listening to a presentation on Ascariasis just yesterday. The women pulled up a map of affected countries then stated "mostly found in developing countries such as x,y,z etc". On the map she made, the entirety of Canada was highlighted as a developing country. I fucking laughed my ass off, and of course she was American. Seriously funny.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Amazing

A man and woman were arrested Monday, June 25, 2018 after trying to use a stolen credit card in a Spruce Grove Reddi Mart.

Great security cam footage leading to an amazing climax.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1427650
    Holy shit! that is some fucking serious resisting...... Your cops are quit patient.

That was incredible. I lost it when she fell through the roof.

CTV missed a real chance to add some Benny Hill as a soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I was attending a medical seminar listening to a presentation on Ascariasis just yesterday. The women pulled up a map of affected countries then stated "mostly found in developing countries such as x,y,z etc". On the map she made, the entirety of Canada was highlighted as a developing country. I fucking laughed my ass off, and of course she was American. Seriously funny.
    90% of the 37 million Canadians (there are more people in California) live within 100kms of the border so in a way she is right

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Holy shit! that is some fucking serious resisting...... Your cops are quit patient.
    those are RCMP the national police force

HAPPY CANADA DAY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180629-213910~2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	375.6 KB 
ID:	240291

Happy Canada Day folks! Lotsa maple leaf love sent from Terrace to coast to coast to coast!

Name:  19601422_865403816932290_7492650529684169571_n.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  12.8 KB
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post

That's a keeper

just keep a lid on the next wildfire season, ok.