Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2278
    Hilarious. He passed me at work. Thing looked tight. Might be an old cop car. Maybe a little suspension lift too

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

seen a sled on top of a Hummer with Alberta plates in Revelstoke, this was back when oil was 100$ a barrel
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I think that silver car cut off the gravel truck which was completely loaded with gravel and buddy had nowhere to go

that section of the 401 might be 16 lanes wide eh

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ideo-1.5427413

" The driver of the truck told police he didn't see what was happening in front of him as he was changing lanes."

Riiiight.... that hiway is a scary place.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/please-refrain...pliySInZoSJvvQ

Naniamo RCMP are asking criminals to please refrain from doing bad things cuz its cold and snowing, so maybe build a snowman or do something nice

so Canadian eh

'What in the Sam Hill are you doing out here?' Snowmobiler finds family of 5 stuck in frozen wilderness
    Family 'extremely lucky' to be alive after getting lost in Manitoba on their way to Toronto

"It was another 50 or 60 kilometres out to any road," Waldner said. "You wouldn't have been found until spring maybe or something like that."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...toba-1.5439399

Kinda thought every Canadian knows they need boots, warm clothing, supplies and not to stray from the main, in this case the TransCanada, highway on long winter road trips?

Driving from Terrace to Stewart B.C. yesterday on a mixed bag of wet pavement, piss on a plate water on a sheet of ice, slush on ice, nicely scraped old compact snow and ice, plain old compact snow and rutted chunder...and...here's this guy...motorsickling...in January...on a northern B.C. fawking winter highway. Caught up to him on one of the better sections of road; intervals of smooth scraped ice and just wet pavement. He was holding his own with speed; 80-90km/hr on the straightaways, dropped 'er down to 50-60 for the corners. Total pro.

There are levels to this game......this guy's off the charts. Hey, garyfromterrace; care to comment?

Name:  P1120486.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  182.5 KB
    Last edited by swissiphic; 01-26-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Master of mediocrity.

^^
    Holy-o-fuck. The guy has game that's fo sho! I got caught with my pants down one morning on that piece of road. Thought I'd take the motorcycle as my work vehicle to do a little geotech review up in Dease Lake (this was back in about 2000). Awesome eh, go for a 1200km road trip on the bike while getting mileage and getting paid? So it was early October, and I knew there was a bit of weather coming, but nothing indicated below feezing temps.

Anyway left Terrace early in the morning and had a wonderful drive to Dease Lake (about 600km), however I'm on my Triumph Trophy 900 and there is absolutely no cops on this stretch (like ever at the time), so I make good time. Do my one hour of site review and hop on the bike and make it back to a little hunting lodge just off Hwy 37N near Iskut in the early evening.

The next morning, I get up and have breaky and notice the snow line is about 500' above me. No biggie, I think, after all I'm heading basically due south. Well, about 50km north of Bell 2 the snow line starts getting much lower (and it's raining). Another 10 kms and the fucking snow line is at the highway and it starts puking snow on me, like blizzard style. My little tire track I'm in keeps getting narrower and narrower until I'm now driving 20km an hour on a couple of inches of fresh snow and I'm fucking praying I can get to Bell 2 (where there's a heli-ski lodge). I white knuckle it for an hour and finally I make the lodge. Soaking wet, near hypothermic but happy to be alive.

I know the lodge owner and Franz lets me hang all my shit in the drying room and I order lunch and pray for warming temps. Had to wait about 4 hours for this to happen (and snow plows to finally make an appearance) which timed pretty well with my stuff getting dry. Back on the bike in the late afternoon for the 6 hours back to Terrace. Only had one other crazy experience driving a bike in a blizzard on my Yamaha Seca 900 near Canmore.. but that's another story.

So, I'm thinking that the dude in the photo is on an enduro, possibly with snow tires or studs. Not that it's still not a hugely burly feat, but possibly a bit easier than on a sport bike with normal tires. Hat's off to winter biker dude (especially on Highway 37N)!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

This week in Canada.

There was a crazy dude that went up to Tuk this time of year on a Harley a couple years ago. Came through here with studded tires and these outrigger things. He had duct tape on his face. I am usually jealous of folks on bikes when I am in the cage- not that time.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    That was incredible! Thanks
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

F'n eh

riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

That's a pretty extreme Frenchman.

I rode a 250 Ossa dirt bike thru 2 winters in highschool but it was Vancover so mostly it just rained alot but when it did snow the light weight (240lb) /dirt bike handling/ motocross knobbies made it doable for low speed running to work & school. To a dirt biker it just seemed like more rain more mud and I was 16 so didn't know anybetter

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    F'n eh

Why???
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

If you actualy read the artical it would have told you he was following a dream

I rode in winter cuz i didn't have a car

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Why???
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Why???
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why not?
    Why not, eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

...meh...Plenty of bikers in Euroland ride in winter conditions on regular tires, sans outriggers.
    But yeah, good on ya, eh?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Wow, that dude is cray cray. Good on him.

Been reading Ghost Rider by Neil Peart.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    ...meh...Plenty of bikers in Euroland ride in winter conditions on regular tires, sans outriggers.
    But yeah, good on ya, eh?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Not so 'meh'. Stopping in at Club Mez, got the report from the long haul truckers it was full on white knuckle hairball headin' er north to bell 2. Water and slush on chopped ice, hacked to shit from the chained up, fully loaded Ore trucks haulin' from Brucejack mine and Red Chris mines...report from coworkers driving down from Bell 2 was they were driving 40-50km/hr in 4 x 4 full sized pickups with studded tires, due to how rough and slick it was.

The guy didn't go to Stewart so, musta headed north...really wonder how he fared?

During my tenure at Bell 2 lodge, ski techin' for Last Frontier Heliskiing in the early 2000's, certainly saw lots of crazy shit.

The unprepared 'mericans driving to Alaska from the lower 48 midwinter in sedans with worn down all seasons, hoppin' outta their cars in snowstorms in flip flops, teeshirts and shorts asking if the border was much further...yeah, like another full day of driving. Filling up with gas and lurching forward a few feet and getting stuck in the parking lot...everybody out, in running shoes, bare hands, pushin' the car step by step to the highway....

A coupla motorsicklists, fully prepared and obviously did their research and timed the pass up highway 37 north with good weather and road conditions windows. Lots of respect for those guys.

Then there was the time the piper cub flying down from Alaska landed on the 350 meter straightaway on the highway in front of the lodge, pulled into the parking lot, hopped out with a few jerry cans, filled up the plane and took off again. We did some spotting for him beyond the blind corners north and south...what a trip that was watching him pull up on the stick and crank that sucker into a steep climb, just barely, but deftly, clearing the tree tops beyond the straightaway...and he was gone.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Not so 'meh'. Stopping in at Club Mez, got the report from the long haul truckers it was full on white knuckle hairball headin' er north to bell 2. Water and slush on chopped ice, hacked to shit from the chained up, fully loaded Ore trucks haulin' from Brucejack mine and Red Chris mines...report from coworkers driving down from Bell 2 was they were driving 40-50km/hr in 4 x 4 full sized pickups with studded tires, due to how rough and slick it was.

The guy didn't go to Stewart so, musta headed north...really wonder how he fared?

During my tenure at Bell 2 lodge, ski techin' for Last Frontier Heliskiing in the early 2000's, certainly saw lots of crazy shit.

The unprepared 'mericans driving to Alaska from the lower 48 midwinter in sedans with worn down all seasons, hoppin' outta their cars in snowstorms in flip flops, teeshirts and shorts asking if the border was much further...yeah, like another full day of driving. Filling up with gas and lurching forward a few feet and getting stuck in the parking lot...everybody out, in running shoes, bare hands, pushin' the car step by step to the highway....

A coupla motorsicklists, fully prepared and obviously did their research and timed the pass up highway 37 north with good weather and road conditions windows. Lots of respect for those guys.

Then there was the time the piper cub flying down from Alaska landed on the 350 meter straightaway on the highway in front of the lodge, pulled into the parking lot, hopped out with a few jerry cans, filled up the plane and took off again. We did some spotting for him beyond the blind corners north and south...what a trip that was watching him pull up on the stick and crank that sucker into a steep climb, just barely, but deftly, clearing the tree tops beyond the straightaway...and he was gone.
    I need to move to a place like that. Love it.

you realize there is seriously nothing up here eh ?

I read the artical on Clay & Cody after did the bike from utah to ski Denali, we had told them there was no food so they stocked up but still ran out, it sounded like hy 37 was the crux move of the whole trip