Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2278
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Please tell me you're referring to the US and not CA
    No we are talking about republican style conservativism and the rallying around the canadian flag, its here in Canada eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

There was/is a guy here that was working on a Parks Canads project who would park his truck with the Fuck Trudeau stick at the site. He didn't seem to understand where his pay cheque was coming from.

Attaching any part of your identity to the admiration or hate of any political figure has gotta be the worst take of the 2020's here in Canada.

There's a truck in my town that I see from time to time with 4 hockey-stick Canada flags that "rolls coal" every time I see him. It's just so lame - serious small-dick vibes emanate from these people.

My FIL warned me about "Flag Wavers". He came to the US from Germany in 1929.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

that republican style conservative in Canada is < 10% of the population

as opposed to half a country

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    My FIL warned me about "Flag Wavers". He came to the US from Germany in 1929.
    And he was right. XXXer, you're lucky it is only 10% of the population as once it get to 30%-40% it really sucks to be around. Further exacerbating the issue is the US media which is allowed to blast out outright lies which those same people swallow as gospel. It isn't right and the government should be suing these companies asses off for lying. And fuck your Free Speech. You're not allowed to lie and present it as fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    And he was right. XXXer, you're lucky it is only 10% of the population as once it get to 30%-40% it really sucks to be around. Further exacerbating the issue is the US media which is allowed to blast out outright lies which those same people swallow as gospel. It isn't right and the government should be suing these companies asses off for lying. And fuck your Free Speech. You're not allowed to lie and present it as fact.
    well notice you havent read even one fuck trudeau post on TGR so Its probably more like 5% or even less

sure JT is a goof but if we hadn't got rid of Harper Canada would likely be the 52nd state of the USA by now or at least indistinguishable from the USA

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well notice you havent read even one fuck trudeau post on TGR so Its probably more like 5% or even less

sure JT is a goof but if we hadn't got rid of Harper Canada would likely be the 52nd state of the USA by now or at least indistinguishable from the USA
    I think the Pano guy is very anti-trudeau. But that would fit right in with your 5% guess.

I only know 2 people personally who've ever told me they actually hate JT. I just tell them to lay off the internet until there's a legit competitor for the Maple Throne.

I think i might have even voted progressive conservative ( an oxymoron ?) back in the last century when those guys were just the boring people at a party but the present day alternative is not your father's conservative party, they are whacko nut jobs who can't get elected because they are whacko nut jobs , JT will have his hands full next election but I don't think its a done deal

if the Cons wana run the country they need the 905 and Quebec and to do that they need to moderate and be electable by the 905 & Quebec

Locally the PNW is > 30% FN and they vote NDP, I don't think the Libs even have credible local candidates, the conservative is a tattoo artist with tats and shit in her face ( a-la pulp fiction) kind of funny eh

I think i might have even voted progressive conservative ( an oxymoron ?) back in the last century when those guys were just the boring people at a party but the present day alternative is not your father's conservative party, they are whacko nut jobs who can't get elected because they are whacko nut jobs , JT will have his hands full next election but I don't think its a done deal

if the Cons wana run the country they need the 905 and Quebec and to do that they need to moderate and be electable by the 905 & Quebec

Locally the PNW is > 30% FN and they vote NDP, I don't think the Libs even have credible local candidates, the conservative is a tattoo artist with tats and shit in her face ( a-la pulp fiction) kind of funny eh
    VINCENT
    Which one's Trudi? The one with
    all the shit in her face?

LANCE
    No, that's Jody. That's my wife.

Its getting better but I can't help it, I hear Vincent when I see people with face piercings

imagine a whacko nut job voting for a conservative candidate with shit in her face and a lot of tats
    and its well known she owns a skull

well trump got elected twice so they will do anything to win

Still passing judgements.

Check
    watch out for snakes

This week in Canada.

MP makeup in BC is kinda interesting. 15 Lib MPs, all in the lower mainland, 13 Cons, mostly in interior industrial centers or areas with a large makeup of remote worker redplate O&G workers (i.e Okanagan or east Koots), 13 NDP MPs from Van Is and various interior union/govt town strongholds, and one Green from the gulf islands. In many of those ridings, people vote for party and generally not for the candidate. No other province seems to have such an even split between the 3 main parties.

But ya, Canada governance is usually decided by ON and QC, which it has been and will ever be under current pop and first past the post elections. Shame as both are usually have-not provinces. Also interesting as BC is a have province, is the most left leaning, and has the smallest public service as measured by size relative to GDP than AB, ON and QC.

Last edited by SB; 10-26-2022 at 05:23 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Still haven't met anyone up here who cares about this (or even knows about it, for that matter).

Guns just don't have the same 'je ne sais quoi' here as they do in school shooting land.

I don't think handgun ownership by the average canadian was ever much of a thing, when i did an FAC back in the day that handgun cert was extra and nobody in the classroom was doing it they just wanted to be able to buy a long gun to kill bambi's

do we think there are suddenly a bunch more fuck trudeau people or is it just the same old people who are now more vocal ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Still haven't met anyone up here who cares about this (or even knows about it, for that matter).

Guns just don't have the same 'je ne sais quoi' here as they do in school shooting land.
    Ha, this literally came up this past weekend.

My buddy had somewhat recently sold his handgun and said "I'll probably get one again soon" and then someone pointed out the ban, my buddy just laughed and said "well I guess not".

However, I doubt this subject will come again up for quite some time, we just happened to be at a hunting camp during hunting season.

Personally I don't have any guns, nor care if I ever do, I may have a different attitude if we had big cats and brown bears out here though.

I'll jump in. I care. I bet rugbydave cares (although he hasn't been on here in forever), as usual the gov't is making up law that only "punish" the licensed gun owner. Enforce the laws that already exist and "we" wouldn't need to use an OIC (which should be the real concern here, bypassing the parliamentary system). I'll go out on a limb and say the banning of selling legally owned handguns will not result in a reduction in crime.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I'll jump in. I care. I bet rugbydave cares (although he hasn't been on here in forever), as usual the gov't is making up law that only "punish" the licensed gun owner. Enforce the laws that already exist and "we" wouldn't need to use an OIC (which should be the real concern here, bypassing the parliamentary system). I'll go out on a limb and say the banning of selling legally owned handguns will not result in a reduction in crime.
    Of course it won’t reduce crime or shootings. It will affect the retailers in small communities that still sell them.
    It just makes for a good soundbite and then the political parties can say they did something when they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

most of the shootings are drug related and i'm thinking those folks don't worry about Gun licensing

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/most...es-2019-4?op=1

I'm surprised that NPR ranks so low on the list.

I flunked STAT 101 and looking at the graph and the parameters of the data process, I'm not surprised. I'm more surprised, pleasantly, that FOX wasn't 99% trusted by Republicans.

Just saw a FB post from AUS and the guy posted a picture of his new competition air rifle. First reply "You going to the US? His reply "Thinking of visiting some schools." Reply back "Those blokes are nuts."
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I find it really concerning that the “fuck Trudeau” are completely normal and acceptable, but if I put a “fuck Smith” or “fuck the UCP” sticker on my truck it would be a declaration of war.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Exactly.

I have a "fuck you Kenney" mug... Much more conspicuous but still brings me joy.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

that republican style conservative in Canada is < 10% of the population

as opposed to half a country
    So far maybe. But l live alberta so it feels like more than 10%.

I'm not truedeau's biggest fan but these guys see it as a religion to hate his name and anything branded "liberal" in general is a dirty word.

I'm pretty sure I've read a "fuck trudeau" post on here, or something equivalent.