Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    To me, ever since they made Quebec a World Heritage site it's gotten kind of sterile at least within the walls and in the old town. I've been there many times since I was a kid and now it seems like it's gradually turning into a museum. Walk around the streets near the Chateau Frontenac and look closely and you'll see that many of the houses look nice but are unoccupied, I think in part because it's too hard to make any changes now. It seems more like Florence now, like a diorama not a real place. Still cool but a lot less real than it used to be.
    I have lived within 4 hours of Quebec City for 47 years and this is the first time I have ever gone north of Montreal. It was fun. I did notice a lot of empty places exactly where you did, however I can't compare it to a previous visit. For the record, we drove south to Quebec and not north, as we came back from NB around the top of Maine. What a long boring drive. HFS.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

You should go back in winter sometime, Carnaval is a hoot and the skiing's pretty decent, especially at Le Massif which is only a bit more than an hour north of town and gets a shit ton of snow and has amazing river views. Hotels book up way in advance. It's the same time as Mardi Gras.

Meanwhile on Mount Robson....north face was skied. Not even planned, really. "I'll just take a look down it, eh while I'm on top?"

"Looks good boys, see you at the bottom!"

Only slightly more impressive than the post above, wherein someone skied Mount Robson...

This Week in Canada,

It has only taken a mere 14 days for Newfoundlanders to decide that, after previously enjoying their golden beach sands alongside a rotting and rancid 9070 kg whale corpse (aboot 20,000 pounds for you Muricans) that actually died up to a month earlier, that they are indeed going to remove the rotting whale corpse.

Gootay at da beach, by.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...eeks-1.3442517

Currently, the beach has a beautiful, oily, bacteria-infested sheen, which I think could be a real great draw for tha tourists, donchaknow.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 06-03-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Water's too cold, nobody goes to the beach to swim, plus they're down with rancid fish for sure, that's lobster bait, so you pay to get rid of it if it bothers you is the sentiment I'm sure.

I do like this:

"If you've ever smelled any kind of a dead animal, just realize there's 20,000 pounds (9070 kilograms) of dead animal there."

Ah. 9070 kg. I was confused for a moment there.

Water's too cold, nobody goes to the beach to swim, plus they're down with rancid fish for sure, that's lobster bait, so you pay to get rid of it if it bothers you is the sentiment I'm sure.

I do like this:

"If you've ever smelled any kind of a dead animal, just realize there's 20,000 pounds (9070 kilograms) of dead animal there."

For some reason I hear you reading this in Norm MacDonalds voice, on his new Netflix standup special.

I do like this:

It could have been worse
    The Nefies could have made tourist kiss the whale rather a cod to be Screeched in

riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

This Week in Canada,

Keep on mowin' on.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/c...ower-1.4145466

15 year old girl summits Logan.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...ever-1.4145075

What'd you do last week?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    15 year old girl summits Logan.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...ever-1.4145075

What'd you do last week?
    Damn.

She started training when she was 13.

This impressed me:

"The biggest challenge was the end of summit day. We were coming down after a long day and it was windy, I was getting really cold, and bad weather was coming in. I was exhausted, and we actually had to go back uphill to get to camp. That was a challenge — keeping my mental game strong through that."

Seriously, what are most 13 to 15 year olds doing with their time?

Lobster truck crash.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...uton-1.4145474

Grant said people were in the ditch with garbage bags filling them up with lobster.

"Some people had their kids further off in the ditch kind of scrambling around trying to get the good ones. It was quite a scene. The lobster looked, I mean they were good, fat, previously healthy looking lobster."

"I mean I did have a moment where I was thinking I wonder if I shouldn't pick up a few," said Grant.

But the strong smell coming off the lobster kept her from picking up any

TORONTO — Ontario's human rights tribunal is considering hearing a complaint that seeks to bar the Cleveland Indians from being able to use their team name or wear specific logos at major league baseball games played in Toronto.
    The complaint was filed last October, at the height of the playoffs, by indigenous activist and architect Douglas Cardinal, who alleged the team's name and logo amounted to racial discrimination.
    Serves them right for defeating the Jays last year and preventing José Bautista from flipping his bat in the World Series

Fakt

In the maritimes it goes to 90 supper incl

In Guelph now. Will update and freaky shit that goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You're only an hour from Listowel, you should think about going to see the town Letterkenny is based on.

I've been to Guelph. It sounds like the name of a type of dump. Man, I just pushed out one mean Guelph. Otherwise, it is strip mall purgatory.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

You're only an hour from Listowel, you should think about going to see the town Letterkenny is based on.
    No shit. I wish I had known about that last summer. Unfortunately, unless one of my other kids goes to school out that way, I won't be back any time soon. The eldest chose UNB Fredericton instead.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/crim...rter-1.4148220

this just in ... An unconscious person can't consent to sex

this must be bad news for some of you?

edit : the good news is this would not include your blowup doll
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/crim...rter-1.4148220

this just in ... An unconscious person can't consent to sex

this must be bad news for some of you?

edit : the good news is this would not include your blowup doll
    ...but it is legal again to challenge someone to a duel AND pretend to practice witchcraft.....got my weekend planned out already.

You're pretty close to some great mtb trails. Not Utah worthy, but good for Ontario. Check out the Waterloo Hydrocut if you have access to a bike.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be spending a weekend here so will need stuff to do.

Side note good herbs up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    I think you have a good prospective on the situation.
    More cleavage would be nice butt how she fills out those tight jeans tells me she'll endure. That ass never quits bringing me joy.
    If Crusty is as good as it gets for you, you might want to lower your dosage. A hard right conservative with a penchant for accepting bribes from energy companies, and thinks a trophy grizzly bear hunt supported by a whole 2% of B.C voters is a great tourism builder. Her cunt smells of old chinese food and dead dumpster cat. Soon to be unemployed. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    If Crusty is as good as it gets for you, you might want to lower your dosage. A hard right conservative with a penchant for accepting bribes from energy companies, and thinks a trophy grizzly bear hunt supported by a whole 2% of B.C voters is a great tourism builder. Her cunt smells of old chinese food and dead dumpster cat. Soon to be unemployed. Cheers!
    Chinese Food and Dead Dumpster Cat Vaginal stank...that's funny
    Btw the grizzly thing does disgust me but if her vag smells like general tso chicken and not dead dumpster cat I would be ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Chinese Food and Dead Dumpster Cat Vaginal stank...that's funny
    Btw the grizzly thing does disgust me but if her vag smells like general tso chicken and not dead dumpster cat I would be ok with that.
    hehe. awesome