Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2278
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Thank you for this.

The Canadian Tire here in Smithers was flying the flag upside down btw. My wife emailed someone up the Canadian Tire food chain and it got changed right away.
    Same same in the lower 48.

I've always thought that the best way to heal up all the malcontents here is a giant field trip to see the rest of the world. Something tells me they'd have a new found appreciation for our country. Hell, put them on a bus to Juarez and save some money. That ought to do it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Thank you for this.

The Canadian Tire here in Smithers was flying the flag upside down btw. My wife emailed someone up the Canadian Tire food chain and it got changed right away.
    a band aid on the stupid is better than nothing!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

there are alot of cool/ smart/ well educated people in that town, at one time they had more PHD's percapita than anywhere in canada

and then its also the bible belt
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671489302.821930.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	916.7 KB 
ID:	439033

This morning at Puntzi Lk/Chilanko Forks in the west central Chilcotins (about 3hrs drive west of Williams Lk. And I thought -30C was cold while slowly starting the truck this morning! It’s been awhile since it has been this cold before the solstice. Snow is a bit grabby today, even with the hard wax.

^^^^^ That is nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post

Name:	Image1671489302.821930.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	916.7 KB 
ID:	439033

This morning at Puntzi Lk/Chilanko Forks in the west central Chilcotins (about 3hrs drive west of Williams Lk. And I thought -30C was cold while slowly starting the truck this morning! It’s been awhile since it has been this cold before the solstice. Snow is a bit grabby today, even with the hard wax.
    Jesus. Fuck.
    Sorry.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

that's gotta be a broken thermometer - not saying it's not cold out but that's 15 degrees lower than the coldest weather report

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    that's gotta be a broken thermometer - not saying it's not cold out but that's 15 degrees lower than the coldest weather report
    Oh ye of little faith in BC weather

Name:	Image1671495262.665395.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	323.4 KB 
ID:	439076

well I stand corrected!

I looked at weather network for Chilanko Forks - serves me right for trusting those charlatans.

Yikes, Canadian Teen Girls Gone Bad

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/21/w...-arrested.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

New loonieName:  FB_IMG_1672542603222.jpeg
Views: 521
Size:  22.2 KB

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Bahahahahahha, that’s gold

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Bahahahahahha, that’s gold

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Nah,it’s bronze plated nickel

This week in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Got to wonder, was it better to have made treaties, only to break them, or never to have entered into treaties in the first place?

The state of the First Nation reservation communities is a national disgrace through.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Got to wonder, was it better to have made treaties, only to break them, or never to have entered into treaties in the first place?

The state of the First Nation reservation communities is a national disgrace through.
    Tough argument to make with a straight face

"Even if the province did have a financial obligation, lawyer Tamara Barclay told court, the expenses associated with mining and forestry were so large it meant the Crown extraction in the region resulted in loss of between C$7bn and C$12bn".

Legally, it's almost always better to make treaties ( contracts) and break them rather than to never make them in the first place. Good luck BC

Ha I just copied the same passage LeeLau mentioned, obviously the First Nations owe Ontario a lot of money.

Even if the province did have a financial obligation, lawyer Tamara Barclay told court, the expenses associated with mining and forestry were so large it meant the Crown extraction in the region resulted in loss of between C$7bn and C$12bn.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Legally, it's almost always better to make treaties ( contracts) and break them rather than to never make them in the first place. Good luck BC
    This, just ask any company trying to make a deal with the FN in BC where there was no treaty becuz by the time the brits got all the way across Canada to BC they figured they just didnt have to pay
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Out here in the kentucky of the north premier higgs thinks he can tell FN to pay taxes. FN is down go play hardball it seems. Looks like it was tobique nagion that lost a court case and was to begin paying taxes as of a week or so ago. Now the band here in this city says screw you, we're collecging our own taxes. Im getging gas there now 10c/litre cheaper now. Govt's might want to consider fair negotiations. Housing(not necessarily on a res), and the clean water that was promised might be a good starting point. Im predicting substantial fireworks here in new kenfucky in tge coming months

My kid was bullish on NB when he started university. Glad to see the back of it five years and two degrees later. He's probably moving to the Ottawa area. Kids. Le sigh.

Good for them. Hopefully they're working towards BC. Higgs gives me Mitch McConnell vibes. Meth,bikers,smokers,crime, zero health care and old people are the pervasive atmosphere. No one poaching my secret zones though despite 300ft being within anyones climbing ability

Atleast no one was shot

https://www.chch.com/hamilton-tim-ho...ow-plow-fight/

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Atleast no one was shot

https://www.chch.com/hamilton-tim-ho...ow-plow-fight/

How very Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good for them. Hopefully they're working towards BC. Higgs gives me Mitch McConnell vibes. Meth,bikers,smokers,crime, zero health care and old people are the pervasive atmosphere. No one poaching my secret zones though despite 300ft being within anyones climbing ability

Somehow I didn't figure out you were in NB during the time I was going there regularly. My kid isn't there anymore. He's moving to Ottawa-ish in April-ish. It's closer to my house. I can go up for lunch and be home for dinner. I will eventually visit Fundy National park again, one of these years. My wife and I have even considered a winter trip to XC ski. One of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    My kid was bullish on NB when he started university. Glad to see the back of it five years and two degrees later. He's probably moving to the Ottawa area. Kids. Le sigh.
    Two degrees? He could be gov executive level easily, how’s his French?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.