Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2278
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Nope, sent this link to the wife today. She said if I found a nice place to let her know. I think this could work and it is 35 minutes from Whitewater.
    https://www.royallepage.ca/en/proper...036/mls2436898
    I lived just past there for a while when I was going to college. Awesome area, beaches are so nice.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Nope, sent this link to the wife today. She said if I found a nice place to let her know. I think this could work and it is 35 minutes from Whitewater.
    https://www.royallepage.ca/en/proper...036/mls2436898
    Beautiful area and fantastic beaches. Very nice exposure too. Inversions in the valley during winter can last a little longer than a person needing lots of winter sun might appreciate. Also be aware that lower 6mile is all within the alluvial fan of Duhamel Cr (creek is also designated a community watershed). There is some risk associated with flood events on the alluvial fan from both industrial and natural freshet influences. There are assessments available on the web for the drainage if you care to review them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    There is some risk associated with flood events on the alluvial fan from both industrial and natural freshet influences.
    That was the cold water in my thinking. My sister lives in Peachland and I remember the beach area flooded out there from so much snow melt a year or two ago while I was up there. I need to be 20+ feet above the high water mark, but I do like that house and the Nelson area.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

That was the cold water in my thinking. My sister lives in Peachland and I remember the beach area flooded out there from so much snow melt a year or two ago while I was up there. I need to be 20+ feet above the high water mark, but I do like that house and the Nelson area.
    The lake isn’t an issue as it is dam controlled at both ends under the Columbia Basin treaty. Lake levels are actually at historic lows the last couple weeks according to my father out towards Balfour. Since the instal of the Brilliant dam and the dredging of the Gorman narrows, not sure if it has flooded any recently built home along the west arm. It’s the creek above and whether or not it will jump its banks along the fan that I would be aware of

This week in Canada.

outside my door, in banff right now. Bring on the warming!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	280857

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-20190429_091122.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	280890
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Aaugh! A photo of the ocean with no surf. It is sacrilege I tell you. You might as well live on a lake were the fish won't eat you. This is a photo of the ocean

Name:  delmar 10-27-18.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  181.7 KB
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Aaugh! A photo of the ocean with no surf. It is sacrilege I tell you. You might as well live on a lake were the fish won't eat you. This is a photo of the ocean

We do get pretty big lake waves up here though. From 2017 flood on OK lk.

Name:	100_3156.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	596.9 KB 
ID:	280912

Name:	100_3157.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	637.1 KB 
ID:	280913
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

I was in the Bay if Fundy. Is that really Ocean?

Not familiar with Fundy, but the shore break in the photo looked like salt water. Did I goof that observation up?

Atlantic Ocean. The Bay of Fundy is known for having crazy fast tides.

Not familiar with Fundy, but the shore break in the photo looked like salt water. Did I goof that observation up?
    Nope. Salty.

This Week in Canada...

Yes, Metro Vancouver has a pair of mascots called Pee and Poo, and they want you to watch what you flush

https://globalnews.ca/news/5223481/m...oo-pee-mascot/

Meet Metro Vancouver’s two newest mascots, Poo and Pee.

They’re the new face of a campaign called “The Unflushables” which seeks to educate the public about the cost of — and problems associated with — flushing non-biodegradable material down the region’s toilets.

But while the duo didn’t make a huge splash in its first outing, a video of the pair’s appearance at Waterfront Station popped up on Metro Vancouver’s Facebook page Monday, drawing attention on social media soon after.
    “[Improperly flushed items] cost Canadian municipalities $250 million a year to deal with clogs, and here in Metro Vancouver, it’s just under a million,” said Metro Vancouver spokesperson Sarah Lusk.

That figure includes the costs to open up and unclog pumps and to repair damaged infrastructure.

“Obviously, it’s expensive for our regional system, but if you get a clog in your own home or your condo complex, you could potentially be on the hook for those repairs,” Lusk added.

The campaign is particularly focused on items such as tampons and wipes, which may be labelled “flushable,” but which the region’s solid waste system can’t actually handle. Hair, dental floss, condoms, and expired medications are also on the hit list.
    “Our sewage system doesn’t get enough respect. I think as consumers we really have to understand that what we flush doesn’t just disappear,” says Coquitlam Mayor and Chair of the region’s Liquid Waste Committee in the campaign’s launch video.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Mr Hankey was already taken.

Driver charged with a using case of beer as booster seat for 2-year-old

Name:  446635A1-8445-4547-A9C2-6CB6AA4E3DCB.jpeg
Views: 414
Size:  45.2 KB

Story doesn’t say if buddy was originally from Florida.

(CNN)Police in Ontario, Canada, pulled over a driver after spotting a 2-year-old riding shotgun -- strapped to a case of beer doubling as a booster seat.

The driver was pulled over Wednesday near North Perth, about 100 miles west of Toronto, Ontario Provincial Police West said on Twitter. The police said someone called in a traffic complaint.

The driver's creative attempt to fashion an improvised child booster seat earned more than a wag of the finger. The 22-year-old driver, who was not identified by name, was charged with failing to ensure a child was properly seat-belted, according to the tweet. The police also notified child services, the agency said.

Police say the law requires children under 40 pounds to be secured in a child car seat and children under the age of 8 and 80 pounds require a booster seat.

In a separate tweet, police said the case of beer was factory sealed, so the driver was not in violation of open container laws.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I like how they felt the need to blur out the Bud Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Driver charged with a using case of beer as booster seat for 2-year-old

Name:  446635A1-8445-4547-A9C2-6CB6AA4E3DCB.jpeg
Views: 414
Size:  45.2 KB

Story doesn’t say if buddy was originally from Florida.

(CNN)Police in Ontario, Canada, pulled over a driver after spotting a 2-year-old riding shotgun -- strapped to a case of beer doubling as a booster seat.

The driver was pulled over Wednesday near North Perth, about 100 miles west of Toronto, Ontario Provincial Police West said on Twitter. The police said someone called in a traffic complaint.

The driver's creative attempt to fashion an improvised child booster seat earned more than a wag of the finger. The 22-year-old driver, who was not identified by name, was charged with failing to ensure a child was properly seat-belted, according to the tweet. The police also notified child services, the agency said.

Police say the law requires children under 40 pounds to be secured in a child car seat and children under the age of 8 and 80 pounds require a booster seat.

In a separate tweet, police said the case of beer was factory sealed, so the driver was not in violation of open container laws.
    Heh. Classic "hold my [case of] beer and watch this!"

That is alcohol abuse!

Those monsters!
    watch out for snakes

Someone has to protect the beerz. Cans be fragile

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Someone has to protect the beerz. Cans be fragile

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Or teach them while they're young
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Bad enough to be swilling bud light but ass warm bad light well that’s just fucking unconscionable.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

It tastes the same weather its hot or cold.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    It tastes the same weather its hot or cold.
    Had family in from K-beck and my brother-in-law likes Bud Light so I have a few remaining. Tabernack !
    Just tried one (beer god's forgive me) and although it's tolerable ice cold (beer god's forgive me again) I could only drink half.
    My wife had the other half (beer god's forgive her)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Had family in from K-beck and my brother-in-law likes Bud Light so I have a few remaining. Tabernack !
    Just tried one (beer god's forgive me) and although it's tolerable ice cold (beer god's forgive me again) I could only drink half.
    My wife had the other half (beer god's forgive her)
    Ice cold if you’re dying of thirst after mowing the lawn in 90 degree (that’s like 30 something in Canada) and you only drink half - that’s a venial sin. A good act of contrition and go forth and sin non more.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    go forth and sin non more.
    I will make a non effort