Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2272
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

This Week in Canada...

A giant snow maze!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/world...rnd/index.html

Last edited by reckless toboggan; 03-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.

This Week in Canada...

...shoulda used Waze with the "I'm a drug dealer and would like to avoid the authorities" option selected.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada...rder-1.4336541

GPS mishap leads driver with 4.4 kilograms of meth in car to U.S. border

An errant GPS led a driver travelling from Montreal to Calgary with more than four kilograms of meth in his car across the Canadian border and into the United States.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency says Constantine Xethalis of Montreal was arrested after 4.4 kilograms of methamphetamine tablets were found inside his vehicle. Custom officials say he attempted to cross into the United States via the Blue Water Bridge, which connects Sarnia, Ont. with Port Huron, Mich. on Wednesday.

According to a criminal complaint filed in the eastern district of Michigan, Xethalis was told to transport “something” from Montreal to Calgary as a way of waiving a $2,000 gambling debt. He was also told to pick up two people in Toronto for the trip.

Xethalis allegedly told investigators he knew he was transporting pills to Calgary, but didn’t know what they were.

The complaint also indicates that once Xethalis picked up the two other passengers, one of them used his iPhone’s GPS to direct them to Calgary, which then led them to the Blue Water Bridge.

After approaching the border, none of the passengers could provide border agents with identification, so the agents conducted a secondary search of the vehicle, where the methamphetamine tablets were found.

“This is a perfect example of the type of activities that (Customs and Border Protection) sees every day at ports of entry around the United States,” Port Director Michael Fox said in a news release. “Our officers here in Port Huron are true professionals and can be proud today knowing they stopped 10 pounds of drugs from making it to the streets of America.”

Xethalis has been charged with possession with intent to distribute controlled substances and importation of a schedule I controlled substance.
    Apple. It just works. (TM)

Vancouver lawyers duck RCMP prohibition on examination of breathalyzers by going stateside

Didn't know if you work around chemicals such paint, ink or asphalt it can cause a Breathalyzer to give a false positive.
    This Court case is going to be interesting. Kudos to the lawyers for sticking it to the RCMP for trying to rig the game. Never knew I this was going on.

Interesting^^^ the cops know about this stuff, when i got pulled over I had one of those disposable plastic flossing pics in my mouth so buddy law asked if it had alcohol ass part of the ingredients so of course i said yes and he waited 15min before getting me to blow,

I blew .03 so no worries
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Interesting^^^ the cops know about this stuff, when i got pulled over I had one of those disposable plastic flossing pics in my mouth so buddy law asked if it had alcohol ass part of the ingredients so of course i said yes and he waited 15min before getting me to blow,

I blew .03 so no worries
    I thought .0001 was the legal limit in Canada.

I think they give a 24 hr suspension at .05 and thro the book at you for .08

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This Week in Canada...

A giant snow maze!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/world...rnd/index.html

also known as Edmonton
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I think they give a 24 hr suspension at .05 and thro the book at you for .08
    Between .05 and .08 is a 3 day driving suspension, 3 day vehicle impoundment and a $200 fine. I've got the receipts.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Between .05 and .08 is a 3 day driving suspension, 3 day vehicle impoundment and a $200 fine. I've got the receipts.
    Hold my beer and watch this, eh?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lib...ucus-1.5080880

this ^^ situ has been taking up all the oxygen in Canada for 8 weeks until yesturday when JWR and Philpot finally got the boot from caucus the only question has to be ... what took the Liberals so long ?

I'm not a large L liberal but Ethics of the whole cluster fuck aside just watching all the twists n turns of the car crash was most interesting, pretty much a step by step manual on how to lose cabinet position(s) ( worth another 100K salary) fuck up the Liberal brand which pissed off the entire caucus, be a lawyer stupid enough to secretly record conversations, be a lawyer stupid enough to admit secretly recording conversations ... be tossed from the Liberal party of Canada

JT probably should have just apoligised 8 weeks ago

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lib...ucus-1.5080880

this ^^ situ has been taking up all the oxygen in Canada for 8 weeks until yesturday when JWR and Philpot finally got the boot from caucus the only question has to be ... what took the Liberals so long ?

I'm not a large L liberal but Ethics of the whole cluster fuck aside just watching all the twists n turns of the car crash was most interesting, pretty much a step by step manual on how to lose cabinet position(s) ( worth another 100K salary) fuck up the Liberal brand which pissed off the entire caucus, be a lawyer stupid enough to secretly record conversations, be a lawyer stupid enough to admit secretly recording conversations ... be tossed from the Liberal party of Canada

JT probably should have just quit 8 weeks ago
    fify
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Guys, so where do you all ski after mid April? I am trying to talk the wife into a move up to BC, so where do I go where they stay open like Mammoth until July?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

i think there is some summer race training at whistler on the glacier but other wise I can't think of anywhere

there just isn't the population up here to stay open in the summer

Sunshine Village stays open til May long weekend usually. Most Canadians are happy to have their 2 months of summer to decompress from the winter.
    Of course when Jumbo opens it will be year round so there is that.
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca

Our fearless Leader will be featured on this Sunday's episode of The Simpsons

^^^ I sure hope they give him his proper lisp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    ^^^ I sure hope they give him his proper lisp too.

And a few umm's

I am surprised they didn’t get him to actually do the bit- seems like something he’d go for. maybe they are actually going to make fun of him.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I am surprised they didn’t get him to actually do the bit- seems like something he’d go for. maybe they are actually going to make fun of him.
    This could explain why

Guess I can tell my wife BC will be down right balmy in another 10 years and to not worry about getting cold?

Canada is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world, a landmark government report has found, warning that drastic action is the only way to avoid catastrophic outcomes.

“The science is clear – Canada’s climate is warming more rapidly than the global average, and this level of warming effectively cannot be changed,” Nancy Hamzawi, assistant deputy minister for science and technology at Environment and Climate Change Canada, told reporters on Monday.

The report, released late on Monday by Environment and Climate Change Canada, paints a grim picture of Canada’s future, in which deadly heatwaves and heavy rainstorms become a common occurrence. Forty-three government scientists and academics authored the peer-reviewed report.

While global temperatures have increased 0.8C since 1948, Canada has seen an increase of 1.7C – more than double the global average.

And in the Arctic, the warming is happening at a much faster rate of 2.3C, the report says.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...as-fast-report
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

its not that cold up here but you probably don't wana come narth of Kamloops eh ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...sons-1.5116299

Newfie musician refuses 20K to let " the Simpsons " use his song, claims the show is morally bankrupt, pretty good song actualy as celtic based maritimer music goes,

was it 20K in can or us funds?

US, tis in the article bye.

right 27 K

its not that cold up here but you probably don't wana come narth of Kamloops eh ?
    Nope, sent this link to the wife today. She said if I found a nice place to let her know. I think this could work and it is 35 minutes from Whitewater.
    https://www.royallepage.ca/en/proper...036/mls2436898