Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Why is it that Canadians feel such a need to distinguish themselves from Americans?
    Trump?

but seriously Canadians are defined by what they are not and so we are not American
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Trump?

This Week in Canada,

Court to decide if man has license to GRABHER

Originally Posted by Kenny Satch
    My really last name is LeTitsnow

There were some whooshing noises, but I think the remark hit its mark.
    FWIW, Canada r00lz, spent a lot of time in Winnipeg/Gimli/Quetico and Boundary Waters as a kid and some Canadians that understood what was goin on with us in those days were very kind.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Pardon me. Sorry. I have to interrupt this discussion for this important google research

I implore everyone to not let this thread descend into a Canada vs USA cat fight. Let us focus on content involving over-politeness, large ungulates and other zany Canadian phenomena Such as this incident which took place across the street from where I work a few years back;

Obvously an American moose.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox View Post
    Obvously an American moose.
    Looked like it was Rushin. Sometimes it's hard to tell

This Week in Canada,

We as parents would be aware that there's a 'fight club' that exists here in Spruce Grove, and how it works."

But parents weren't aware, she said.
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/e...rove-1.4118501
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

This Week in Canada,

The Sea Lions Strike Back...

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...-b-c-1.4125848

In other news...WILDLIFE IS NOT YOUR PETTING ZOO, ASSHOLE!
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 05-21-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Kudos to the guy that jumped in after the kid. I'm assuming it was her Dad.

That's where the commercial boats tie up to sell fish off the dock, some body must have been feeding that seal so he was just looking for a hand out

If he had eaten Chinese he would have just been hungry in an hr Eh?

Buddy lost his sun glasses

If he had eaten Chinese he would have just been hungry in an hr Eh?
    Heh..

That dock is full-on touron. They probably had no idea what could happen.

...the director of UBC's Marine Mammal Research Unit, does not blame the animal for its behaviour in the video.

"My first reaction to the video is just how stupid some people can be to not treat wildlife with proper respect," he said. "This was a male California sea lion. They are huge animals. They are not circus performers. They're not trained to be next to people."

The locals come down to buy fresh off the boats, Richmond is more than 50% AZN
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-21-2017 at 12:36 PM.

This week in Canada.

Oh yeah, I know it well - I lived in Vancouver for years. One of my best friends lives a few blocks from that dock. I just assumed it was tourists because they didn't seem to get it, but you're right, it could've been dumb locals.

"This week in the cool apartment over the meth lab" in between doobs and the odd cold brew its prudent to check for fires below

WestJet announces it will not overbook any flights the way Air Can't-do-anything-right. Mind you legislation is on its way to protect Canadians from underhanded asshole corporate approach to screwing over people. Thanks to United our skies will get friendlier.

This Week in Canada,

TICKMAGEDDON!

The onslaught of tiny creepers got worse and worse as the group travelled north on the rugged trail last weekend. The Mantario is a 60-kilometre backcountry path that winds alongside the Ontario border in Whiteshell Provincial Park.

They landed on 400 as a fair estimate for the approximate number of ticks they encountered, said Penner, an avid hiker and paddler from St-Pierre-Jolys, Man.

"The ones that were actually stuck to our skin was way less just because we were checking so much, but off our clothing — I mean, easily 400 off our clothing," she said.

Every 10 or 15 minutes, when the group would stop for water or a snack, they'd get to work brushing off ticks from their clothes and gear.

Typically, she said, they'd find about 20 ticks on each break. The bugs especially liked hiding in the seams of convertible pants (pants that can turn into shorts by removing the lower section of the leg).

They joked about putting them all in a Ziploc bag but no one wanted the job of holding it.

Even after doing laundry, she's still finding the critters in her home — on piles of laundry and even in a cupboard.

"They're strong little guys. They're hard to get rid of," she said.

"You'll check yourself and then you'll look again 30 seconds later and there's one on your stomach again. Like, I don't understand where they come from."
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...rail-1.4122135

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Brutal. Had the tick paranoia in full effect today clearing a lot of deadfall off Cartier

Thanks Canada, for allowing for a more compassionite way of dealing with Heroin addiction.

Ashifa Kassam in Toronto

Sunday 21 May 2017 07.30 EDT
    Last modified on Sunday 21 May 2017 15.11 EDT

Canada’s government has made it easier to open supervised drug injection sites across the country, offering communities a lifeline as they battle an opioid crisis that has claimed thousands of lives in recent years.

New legislation passed this week streamlines the more than two dozen requirements previously needed to launch these facilities, which offer a medically supervised space and sterile equipment for people who use drugs intravenously.

“Solid evidence shows that, when properly set up and maintained, supervised consumption sites save lives, and they do it without increasing drug use or crime in the neighbourhood,” Jane Philpott, Canada’s health minister, told parliament this week.

The law builds on Canada’s previous success in this field. In 2003, health authorities in Vancouver launched Insite – the first supervised injection facility in North America – to address an epidemic of HIV and hepatitis C in the city’s Downtown Eastside neighbourhood".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...njection-sites

It will be nice to be home this weekend in BC. Sad that it is my dad's memorial service, but I miss my family, so seeing all of my long lost relatives will be nice. I really miss home and my family. Just three more years until I can come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Brutal. Had the tick paranoia in full effect today clearing a lot of deadfall off Cartier
    Shit, that's nothing.

I did a full tick check right after reading that article.

*heebie-jeebies

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    It will be nice to be home this weekend in BC. Sad that it is my dad's memorial service, but I miss my family, so seeing all of my long lost relatives will be nice. I really miss home and my family. Just three more years until I can come back.
    That sucks dude. Sorry for your loss.

This Week in Canada,

The Sea Lions Strike Back...

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...-b-c-1.4125848

In other news...WILDLIFE IS NOT YOUR PETTING ZOO, ASSHOLE!
    This Week in Canada,

A follow up to last week's story...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...pert-1.3423956

According to Section 7 of the federal government’s Marine Mammal Regulations, anyone who disturbs a marine mammal, except when legally fishing, can face a maximum penalty of a $100,000 fine.

Steveston Harbour Authority chair Robert Kiesman said he was disturbed by the adults’ willingness to let children approach the powerful wild animal. He says fisherman and dock staff frequently warn tourists and visitors against feeding sea lions, but the behaviour persists.

“To not only be feeding a sea lion, a wild mammal, but then to let their little girl sit on the edge of the dock with her dress hanging over and her back to it was really mindless behaviour,” he said.

Sea lions are known to frequent docks in search of handouts from fisherman and tourists. Hyson figures this animal was unhappy when the attention from the visitors ceased.

“It likely became frustrated because the family was feeding it, and the feeding stopped,” she said.

“These are wild mammals. They are 1,000-pounds-plus. We are not at Sea World here,” Kiesman said. “If her dress got caught on his tooth and he swam off with her, it could have been a tragedy.”

He hopes the flood of attention will help foster more respect for local marine life.

“It is illegal. Now they will see why it is actually dangerous,” Kiesman said. “It’s not an evil sea lion. It’s a wild animal. It’s stupid people.”

Apparently the wharf where the kid got dragged in is busier than ever. Busy with people throw in food and holding their kids over the water.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...ston-1.4126825

Reminds me of the tourists near Banff who pulled over to throw meat to lure grizzlies closer for pictures.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Apparently the wharf where the kid got dragged in is busier than ever. Busy with people throw in food and holding their kids over the water.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/b...ston-1.4126825

Reminds me of the tourists near Banff who pulled over to throw meat to lure grizzlies closer for pictures.
    Parents...

go figure.

This is how we roll #canuckistaniansteeze
    https://instagram.com/p/BUb-v1rj2ib/

Be Better with the gas tank

This Week in Canada,

A follow up to last week's story...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...pert-1.3423956
    I was talking to a fellow canuck on FB who has observed a couple of offending commercial boats gutting fish and feeding the sealions and seals at that dock

one fisherman has been getting up on the troller poles throwing guts to see how high the sealions will jump so they are habituated

A fellow canuck sent letters of complaint to the appropriate authorities and since he was one of lee lau's buddies ... must be a lawyer eh