Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    This Week in Canada...

or alternatively

This Week in Sprocket Rockets...

Cyclist defecates, throws own poop at woman after vehicle collision in B.C., Video of the incident then shows him ramming his bike into the passenger side headlights of the vehicle before cycling away on his bike

https://www.vicnews.com/news/cyclist...r-in-victoria/

A video showing a cyclist defecating in the street and throwing his feces at a woman in a locked car has police on the lookout.

Following a collision in Greater Victoria, B.C., a man pulled down his pants, defecated in public and then threw his feces at the car.
    Details of the collision are unclear.

“Thankfully there were a lot of witnesses who intervened because they were fearful the driver would be assaulted,” Victoria Police Const. Matt Rutherford told The Columbia Valley Pioneer. “A lot of people took photos and video and we are working on locating the suspect.”
    Video of the incident then shows him ramming his bike into the passenger side headlights of the vehicle before cycling away on his bike.

Rutherford added that prior to the feces-throwing, the cyclist opened the door of the car and was “verbally abusive” to the driver.
    The cyclist was last seen wearing a brown sweater and blue jeans, pedalling southbound on Cook Street. Police describe him as approximately 35-year-old, five-foot-ten inches tall, with a brown beard.

The woman was unharmed.
    This isn’t the first report of cyclists literally losing their shit at vehicle drivers. A driver in Gloucester, U.K. posted on Facebook last year after a cyclist ‘ pooed in his hands and hurled it at car windscreen after being beeped for riding erratically’.

Earlier this year, the RCMP also received a complaint from a Tim Hortons employee, after a woman defecated in the restaurant and threw her feces at one of the employees for denying her access to the restroom.
    Let's go to the video replay Bob (can't imbed/embed the video, it's about half way down the linked page).
    https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.co...h/?jwsource=cl
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 11-20-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

This is probably why we don't have guns in Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...nger-1.4911235

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    This Week in Canada...

Alleged carjacker shoots himself in leg

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/crim...himself-in-leg
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    This is probably why we don't have guns in Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...nger-1.4911235
    Too slow.

This Week in Canada...

Authorities ask Otter to be less Koi.

https://www.vancourier.com/news/this...deo-1.23503737

This river otter has been dining on koi at Vancouver’s Chinese Garden pond

Visitors to Vancouver’s serene Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden on the weekend saw something very unusual going on: A wayward river otter was helping himself to the koi in the pond.
    Staff believe the otter has eaten five of the pond’s adult koi fish.
    The hungry river otter was himself a fish out of water, as the saying goes — this is the first time the Chinese Garden has ever found a river otter in its pond.
    Some speculate the river otter got to the pond by way of the sewer system.
    The garden’s staff reached out to the Vancouver Aquarium, who can’t take custody of the otter since it isn’t a marine mammal. The Vancouver Park Board is reportedly working to relocate the otter, however.
    The otter was first spotted at the Chinese Garden pond on Saturday, and was still there Monday, according to Global.
    For the Chinese Garden, which has struggled of late to maintain and grow its koi population in, the river otter’s presence is bittersweet — after all, it’s feasting on the fish they care for.
    The park board is expected to be on site Tuesday.
    “We ask that the public not feed the otter, and as always, strongly urge against any release of wildlife into the pond,” reads a press release from Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden.

The hungry river otter was himself a fish out of water, as the saying goes — this is the first time the Chinese Garden has ever found a river otter in its pond
    There's no river in Chinatown. Or is that liver?

Tonight's special: kung pao otter.

*yeah, I know, I know...

This Week in Canada...

damn. this one hits close to home. he is a crazy fucker, and IIRC the town had a bit of a tense relationship with his setup (for this exact reason, and perhaps other, more recreational, reasons and also the welfare of goats). rumors, conjecture, urban legends, and myths. but this hits me right in the feels. been past that place hundreds of times over the years.

he was selling the place because he has cancer.

wouldn't wish this on anyone.

there used to be weirdos and characters like this all over the koots, part of what makes the area a bit mysterious and magical. I feel like they're vanishing fast.

https://www.nelsonstar.com/news/vide...uined-by-fire/

The iconic home of a famed woodcarver in B.C.’s East Kootenay has been destroyed by fire.
    Rolf Heer, in the community of Radium north of Invermere, was pulled safely out the Home of a Thousand Faces, as firefighters tried to fight off the encroaching flames.
    The all-wood home has become a roadside attraction, surrounded by several life-sized wood carvings – many of them done with a chainsaw. It was even featured on an episode of the HGTV show, “Weird Homes.”
    Heer suffers from terminal cancer and had put the home up for sale.
    “Forty years of history down the drain,” he said, shivering in a fuzzy pink housecoat. “I don’t know how I’m going to handle this. I might be crying for three weeks.”
    He said he had a fire outside the night before that must have gotten out of control.
    Gary and Sherry Froescul of Sherwood Park, Alta., had driven past the home on Friday morning and noticed the flames. They drove to a Petro-Canada gas station where one of the employees called 911.
    “Within five or 10 minutes, the whole thing was engulfed,” Gary said.
    Heer lived in his showroom. For 40 years, he had welcomed residents and tourists into his home to see his wood carvings, play in his outdoor water park and feed the goats that lived on his roof.
    Said Heer’s friend, Holly Hahn: “There was nothing like this in the world. I’m sad for all the children who used to come here.”
    All that saved were a few paintings, his robes, a bit of cash and his prized wizard hats.
    Heer was hoping to find a woodcarver to take over the business. He had no insurance.
    He alternated between laughing and choking up as neighbours, friends, police and firefighters expressed their condolences, doled out hugs and brought him food.
    But the beloved wizard was all smiles as he asked for a photo to capture the end of an era, going out with a blaze.

Rolf Heer stands across the street from his House of a Thousand Faces in Radium as firefighters work to extinguish the blaze (photo courtesy: Dauna Ditson/Columbia Valley Pioneer)
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 11-23-2018 at 09:58 PM.

This Weed in Canada...

University of BC Announces Professor Of Cannabis Science To Look Into Pot Use For Opioid Treatment

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...-treatment.htm

The new pot professor from the University of British Columbia will lead studies to look into the potential of cannabis as a treatment for opioid use disorder.
    On Friday, Nov. 23, M-J Milloy, a leader in the field epidemiology and a respected research scientist, was announced as the inaugural Canopy Growth professor of Cannabis Science. His appointment was made possible thanks to the $2.5 million gift from Canopy Growth, a major cannabis producer, and $500,000 from the province of British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    There's no river in Chinatown. Or is that liver?

Tonight's special: kung pao otter.

*yeah, I know, I know...
    Ya because racism is so cool. f off.

This Week in Canada...

'Extremely drunk' Canadian curling team gets banned from tour event

https://winnipegsun.com/curling/extr...rom-tour-event
    When you are too drunk to curl - you are very drunk indeed.

It’s sort of the point of curling isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    When you are too drunk to curl - you are very drunk indeed.
    In most of the Maritimes and Saskatchewan that's the official DUI test.

This Week in Canada...

What a character. Its a shame that this story is so tragic.

because the photo is beyond amazing. "All that saved were a few paintings, his robes, a bit of cash and his prized wizard hats" .... if he had is health I would ask, what else does one need.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    Ya because racism is so cool. f off.
    oye

This Week in Canada...

Mom who left placenta in Mississauga park says investigation was 'biggest misunderstanding'

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/mom...ding-1.4197054

A 27-year-old mother who left a placenta, umbilical cord and forceps in a Mississauga park for “holistic purposes” said a police investigation into the matter was “the biggest misunderstanding.”
    “I wanted to do something really natural with it,” she said. “I didn’t just want to throw it in the garbage and the compost bin was not really a better choice. I wanted to do something really beautiful and serene and just put something natural back in nature.”
    And you can watch this placenta-show of an interview here.
    https://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=1551692

Valérie Thé​orêt, 37, was on maternity leave from her job teaching Grade 6 French immersion at Whitehorse Elementary School. She and her 10-month-old daughter Adele Roesholt were killed by a grizzly bear on Monday

cbc.ca/news

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ount-1.3392060

New carpet, eh? Must have been some sex party. What about the sofa??? Ewwww. Don't get no jizz upon that sofa-sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Valérie Thé​orêt, 37, was on maternity leave from her job teaching Grade 6 French immersion at Whitehorse Elementary School. She and her 10-month-old daughter Adele Roesholt were killed by a grizzly bear on Monday

cbc.ca/news
    That is horrible news. My sincerest condolences to the family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That is horrible news. My sincerest condolences to the family and friends.
    Looking at the picture with her daughter made me lose it. Just awful news.
    I shouldn't have posted it. I don't know what I was thinking at that moment.

It's a tough one. Terrible, horrific. Part of living in and near beautiful wilderness areas. Especially, or rather specifically, on trap lines in this case. And, thankfully, it is exceedingly rare. Asolutely tragic and heartbreaking.

There is more than a passing physical resemblance to my kids' HS physics teacher. Condolences to everybody involved.

This Week in Canada...

Statistics Canada says sewer water points to Haligonians using the most cannabis

https://globalnews.ca/news/4720319/s...water-cannabs/

A creative approach to measuring cannabis consumption in Canada has pointed to Halifax as the city with the highest rate of consumption.

The results come from a Statistics Canada pilot project that has sought to track the role of cannabis in Canadian society.

Because people often under-report their consumption of cannabis due to the stigma surrounding the drug, Statistics Canada turned to one thing people can’t lie about — the waste that comes out of their body. Essentially, StatCan tested the wastewater flushed down toilets using a new technique called wastewater-based epidemiology (WBE).
    The federal agency says they conducted their analysis one week a month at 15 wastewater treatment plants. Statistics Canada released a report on Thursday providing data on Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver from March to August of this year.
    The analysis found that Halifax consumed the most cannabis at 1,310 micrograms per person per week, more than any of the other major metropolitan areas included in the project.
    Montreal had the second-highest amount with 976 micrograms per person per week, Toronto had 451 micrograms per person per week, Edmonton had 416 micrograms per person per week and Vancouver’s result was 288 micrograms per person per week.
    Statistics Canada has stressed that the data released on Thursday should be considered “preliminary and experimental” but that it will continue to refine its methodology.
    Despite this caveat, the data appears to align with that of the National Cannabis Survey released by Statistics Canada last year. The voluntary survey found that Nova Scotia had the highest per capita usage of cannabis in any province or territory in the country.
    StatCan found that people in the province consumed 27.1 grams of cannabis per person per year.
    Alberta and British Columbia were close behind, with citizens in those provinces consuming 24.6 grams and 24.1 grams, respectively.
    All three of the provinces were above the Canadian average, which StatCan pegged at 21.1 grams per person.

Measuring cannabis in wastewater

Whenever someone consumes cannabis or tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive component of cannabis, their bodies process the cannabis into metabolites, which are later eliminated from the body and flushed into municipal wastewater systems.
    By analyzing the concentrations of metabolites in wastewater, Statistics Canada was able to estimate the total mass of cannabis consumed in a region.
    Roughly 8.4 million people use the facilities included in the pilot project.
    Statistics Canada says using the WBE system is a good option for the future as it’s cost-effective and yields rapid results that can be applied to smaller areas in the country.
    “It may also be used to estimate the size of the illegal cannabis market following legalization by allowing Statistics Canada to subtract the volume of legal cannabis retail sales from total consumption as measured through WBE,” the report released on Thursday found.
    But the idea isn’t a new one. Similar studies and programs in Europe have proven quite effective at measuring the levels of drug use in various cities, detecting everything from marijuana and methamphetamines to ecstasy and cocaine.
    Last April, Swedish public broadcaster SVT reported that wastewater collected from city sewers in the country was being sent to a lab for analysis, with scientists measuring the presence of cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamines.
    The technology was said to be highly precise, even revealing the approximate number of doses of cocaine and marijuana that residents of the city of Gävle consumed on Christmas Day.
    Statistics Canada says it is modelling its approach on the European one, specifically the methodology used by the European SCORE network (Sewage analysis CORe group – Europe).

doesn't Halifax have 5 universities ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

^^^ Anyone coach a soccer team? I see a field trip opportunity.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    ^^^ Anyone coach a soccer team? I see a field trip opportunity.

nice......

Guy from my town steals three snowmobiles, goes off the road in a snowstorm, makes getaway in stolen canoe. What a country we liven in!

OPP arrest fleeing driver in stolen canoe
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org