Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just resist the urge to look at the trail, focus on the sky and all is good.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I have this in one of my helmets, and I give it a "meh". It seems to work OK, but I don't like that you have to cut out the pads in your helmet in order to use it. Plus, the sweat still drips down the sides (past where it extends) and it doesn't cover the top of my head. Which is an issue because I don't have a whole lot of hair up there.
    +1 on the Sweatbuster.

Halos are useless if you sweat a lot. They saturate in about 20min and then become useless. I'd carry 2-3 on rides and swap them out. The sweatbuster is way better, takes 1-2 hours to saturate then good as new once you wring it out.

Cutting pads from the helmet isn't ideal, and a couple times I've forgotten the sweatbuster at home. Otherwise its no big deal. Sweat will drip down the sides, and I also sweat from the forehead below the pad, but it miles better than anything else if you sweat a ton. If you think the halo works well, then you do not sweat a ton!

On the AZT300 I put a bandana under the helmet in addition. Mostly to keep sun off my head and neck but it also helped dissipate sweat. I'll probably keep using one now its getting hot out. Otherwise I've always had to put sunscreen on the top of my head unless I wanted vent shaped sunburn patches on my scalp.

I thought the point of the halo is that saturation doesn't matter. It's just thin lycra with a silicone gutter that runs the sweat to the back of your head.

Either way, you guys are some sweaty mf'ers

I am for sure....!

That silicone strip in the halo never worked for me. It either didn't seal against the forehead so sweat would run under it, or when the fabric gets saturated it just flows right over top.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    http://traxfactory.com/store/productlist.cfm

I sweat like a pig and this thing works, really well. I used the Halo headband for a couple years, Sweat buster's WAY better. You do have to wring it out on longer rides but when you do, it works like fresh again. The Halo would just stop working for me at that point.
    Yeah, I haven't found anything better than this and it was probably you that recommended them last time this came up in here. I've been super happy with them. Cutting out the existing padding is a piece of cake.

I will say that it's a good idea to have one stashed somewhere like your pack in case your forget to replace it after a washing. I have 3 now kicking around with my bike stuff.

I definitely sweat a ton and the Halo works for me. One of the keys is making sure the strip extends a bit below the helmet so that the helmet doesn't press on it. Even when it's saturated, it works pretty well, though it seems then all of my sweat gets channeled down into my headphones. And I much prefer the coverage to keep the sun off my head over using sunscreen, which leads to more sweat mixed with grease.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    ...................................https://www.walzcaps.com/products/un...ycling-cap-usa................................you can leave it on when you take your helmet off on breaks or after the ride and you don't look like a dork.
    Wut.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, I haven't found anything better than this and it was probably you that recommended them last time this came up in here. I've been super happy with them. Cutting out the existing padding is a piece of cake.

I will say that it's a good idea to have one stashed somewhere like your pack in case your forget to replace it after a washing. I have 3 now kicking around with my bike stuff.
    I saw it on another thread here too, hahaha. Game changer for me though. I just took the whole front pad out of my helmet and it's fine. It does take a little getting used to how it blocks the front vents more. Kinda alarming at first. I'll still get sweat down the sides of my glasses sometimes too but not in my field of vision. Thing is money. I need to get some more.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I put rogaine on my eyebrows.

Attachment 205984
    No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I can only go so fast on a 2000' climb.
    Get an e-bike

Buff, people. The original, thin Buff.

http://buffusa.com

I've been wearing one since I discovered its usefulness during a partcularly stinky humid MTB weekend in NC a long time ago. Easily fits under helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Buff, people. The original, thin Buff.

http://buffusa.com

I've been wearing one since I discovered its usefulness during a partcularly stinky humid MTB weekend in NC a long time ago. Easily fits under helmet.
    I can picture bunny right now: Furiously typing at his keyboard about mountain biking, but keeping his forehead dry with his buff....

Hey, it's just like that thing that core bro gangster is wearing in your avatar, except put it on your head. Hom. Brootah. That is so core, though. You from Stockton?

B
    I can only go so fast on a 2000' climb.
    Ride slower
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeel View Post
    B

Ride slower
    unpossible.

Been using a Pearl Izumi skull cap for years...seemed to work fine, never had the sweat issues and kept my bald head from getting sunburned. Think I left it on the back of my truck the other day though because now I can't find it. Bought a Headsweats to replace but haven't tried it yet...we'll see.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Been using a Pearl Izumi skull cap for years...seemed to work fine, never had the sweat issues and kept my bald head from getting sunburned. Think I left it on the back of my truck the other day though because now I can't find it. Bought a Headsweats to replace but haven't tried it yet...we'll see.
    Same for me.

There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I've got a pretty foolproof system: blinking
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

The Richard Simmons headband? Crip style? NFL style?

I had forgotten how much I sweat when it gets above about 65 degrees. The sweat in the eyes/contacts/sunglasses is annoying me already.

What works best with a bike helmet?
    As much as I hate Richard Simmons, if you're sweating a LOT, the terry-cloth stretch headband 1970's style is STILL your best bet. Keep it low on your forehead.

I used those^^ terry headbands for awhile but they don't fit that well under a helmet

IMO what they do is concentrate all the sweat in one spot and the head band soaks out same with those little terry pads in the front of bike helmets

whereas the moisture seems to evaporate from a stretchy skull cap
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I sweat like a pig which of course they don't, but if pigs did sweat like me they would need sweat bands. Anyway a Buff works great. Easy to hand wash , quick to dry, all good.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.