Enclosed Snowmobile Trailers

I'm moving back to Colorado full time in September and my wife has a ton of shit. We will get movers for the big stuff, but I'm getting a trailer to move all the other stuff.
    Once I get there, it will be my snowmobile, dirt bike trailer and a shed on wheels.

Looking to get a Black 8.5 x 14' Dual axle with a ramp and 48" side door. 6 D rings in the floor and full length E -track along both sides, 4ft. off the floor.
    Anyone have any options I'm missing or opinions on towing this with a Jeep GC w/hemi?

On the trailer side a. they are cheaper where you live (drive to Elkhart, IN and pick it up) b. you get what you pay for so check the options/upgrades and see what works for you. On the tow vehicle side, a 14' dual axle trailer usually has brakes, need a vehicle with a brake controller, a true receiver hitch etc. Obviously, check the GWVR etc. Estimate the weight you will be hauling and try to test drive the trailer with the weight. Some trailers pull like crap and one of the easiest ways to trash a vehicle is to tow at or beyond its limits. Don't forget altitude and mountains.

Silly question perhaps but do you need a working battery on a trailer that has brakes ?

The brakes on Junior's new to him trailer ain't working, we got new batteries but they are not charged & hooked up yet
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Silly question perhaps but do you need a working battery on a trailer that has brakes ?

The brakes on Junior's new to him trailer ain't working, we got new batteries but they are not charged & hooked up yet
    The battery on the trailer is only used for braking when the break away system is activated. It's not used in normal brake operation. Google for more details.

Yes, I'm ordering a new flat front from Stealth in Elkhart. Flat fronts are stronger than V nose.
    I have brakes and a good hitch on the GC, can tow 7000lbs. Trailer weights 2300lbs empty and I don't think I'll ever max it out.