Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's see the carnage from the hailstorm...

Let's see the carnage from the hailstorm...

in Denver area last night
    friend of ours sent pics of his car with the windshield punched with several holes and a baseball size hail.
    the pics are on andrew's phone right now and he's out of service in the park so will post later

anyone else get hammered? looked insane
    skid luxury

A guy at the gym needed stitches to his head. Right when the storm started his dog lost his mind and ran through the screen door out into the street. He chased after and while running a big ass piece of hail hit him right in the dome and left a 3" gash.

No hail in Boulder, but I saw some crazy pics yesterday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Here's from our friend- insane! His gf's cars were both totalled- a brand new one plus the old one they were selling
    He said his sister's house also had several broken windows. Craziness. We never got any of it altho they had weather warnings

skid luxury

This is truly a sign that the end is near. The book of Revelation says that God will wipe out the hipsters first, then the rest of us.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

We had one of those storms when I was a kid. Lots of dented cars and broken windows. The dent repair trucks are probably already arriving in Denver. They set up shop all over my town, and were around for a year or two.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Roofers follow those storms too. If you needed a new roof anyways insurance might help you out now.

All the crackheads probably woke up and thought "dear lord, my prayers have been answered!!" Then it melted, meh.

Go long Apogee Enterprises and Beacon Roofing...and crackpipes.

Denver body shops and roofers are well accustomed to making a bunch of money off hail damage. The glass and siding folks are going to do better out of this storm than normal though.

All my shit is unscathed but lotsa friends had their cars and houses trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    All my shit is unscathed but lotsa friends had their cars and houses trashed.
    Wonder what happens to the totalled cars? Stripped of everything and recycled? Or shipped to Mehico / Central America for rental cars?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    We had one of those storms when I was a kid. Lots of dented cars and broken windows. The dent repair trucks are probably already arriving in Denver. They set up shop all over my town, and were around for a year or two.
    Dent repair for 3"+ hail? 😀😁😂🤣😄😅😆

🤡

Blizzard a few days earlier in SW Kansas and SE Colorado wiped out thousands upon thousands of power poles, and killed just as many cattle.

Thought about doing a May Kansas korn TR, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This is truly a sign that the end is near. The book of Revelation says that God will wipe out the hipsters first, then the rest of us.
    So Boulder's gone?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So Boulder's gone?
    Mortals, give thanks and sing! Lift up your heart! Lift up your voice!
    Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Roofers follow those storms too. If you needed a new roof anyways insurance might help you out now.
    if those windshield are getting holes punched in them, i'm guessing there's a bunch of plywood roof sheathing that looks the same

homeowners in the area (renters too) should go take a look in their attics

I was stuck in the carpool line picking my kids up from school yesterday when it started puking hail. Fortunately it stayed small and didn't damage anything but the sound inside the truck was deafening.

Several cars on the road this morning had broken windows and every tree in Lakewood appeared to have had all the leaves ripped off.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Gypsy miracles. Get ready to have lots of Travellers offering their services in your town.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Gypsy miracles. Get ready to have lots of Travellers offering their services in your town.
    Make sure to give them a down payment to secure your place in line.

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    Make sure to give them a down payment to secure your place in line.
    Some are so helpful that they'll even file the insurance claim for you.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So Boulder's gone?
    Whatever "smitten" means.

While perhaps unusual and unsightly I've heard that dimples in the body work actually improve aerodynamics, resulting in improved fuel consumption.

I knew a girl that bought a new full size 4wd truck with less than 100 miles and significant hail damage for about $15,000. Mixed feelings about it. Looks a little cheesy, but I tend to bash up my trucks pretty soon anyway so it's a hell of an economical deal.

Started to post in the CO thread but didn't know how to word it. I was taking pics of the storm rolling in yesterday and then went home and got parked just in time. But at the lake was a guy in a pop up camper. Those things are pretty thin aren't they? Can't imagine it fared too well. That wasn't where the worst of the storm was. But I've been in dozens of hail storms where there was damage to little lightweight cars right beside my truck and no damage to mine, but I got a few small dents yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    While perhaps unusual and unsightly I've heard that dimples in the body work actually improve aerodynamics, resulting in improved fuel consumption.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    a bunch of money off hail damage.
    Scotsman was heli skiing with a guy the other week who finances his winter by storm chasing with a mobile crew of hail damage repairers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........