Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Pretty much everyone who knows mofro is laughing at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    That would just break my fucking heart.
    Don't take it personally - it is sort of funny though.

Now since I don't feel so strongly about this event(almost a week has passed), I'm going to share what happened:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170508_105247828.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	206172

For those wondering which slope has caused the casualty.

^ where's that and what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    ^ where's that and what happened?
    Hoodoo Lakes(MT/ID border, MT side). Our friend tried to skin up this, fell, then tried to bootpack and gave up. I even tried to skinning with his skis on my pack for a little bit.

Hold the fuck up, paging creaky. Start popping corn. This shit just got real. Tell us more about Stuckies Big Adventure?
    crab in my shoe mouth

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Maybe, but there is a lot more to it other than walking uphill to being a good back country skier.

Also, skinning may be easy on perfect tracks up beautiful slopes of open powder but here, our mountain gets raped by wind. Try skinning on rime and ice all day, often on fairly steep slopes and above exposure. I call that shit crampon-ing. Throw in some sporty crux moves going up through narrow slots in between 6 foot tall near vertical wind drifts, rock outcroppings, etc. and it's not so easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Pretty much everyone who knows mofro is laughing at you.
    I don't think he was taking exception with mofro's skill he was taking exception to the statement that skinning is just walking uphill. It's not, and you know that. Not everyone prays to your idols of the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I don't think he was taking exception with mofro's skill he was taking exception to the statement that skinning is just walking uphill. It's not, and you know that. Not everyone prays to your idols of the PNW.
    Thanks and this is true. I still have zero fucks to give....

For the most part all I got from that post was that the Brit wants to suck Mofros cock which I'm totally cool with.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

PNW is full of weirdo kooks, place is creepy as fuck. What gives?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Well, I'm not much of a bc skier

Everyone needs ski crampons it sounds like. Maybe mofro already has em. Skinning on boilerplate or meltfreeze can be tough and tiring no matter who you are

Maybe, but there is a lot more to it other than walking uphill to being a good back country skier.

Also, skinning may be easy on perfect tracks up beautiful slopes of open powder but here, our mountain gets raped by wind. Try skinning on rime and ice all day, often on fairly steep slopes and above exposure. I call that shit crampon-ing. Throw in some sporty crux moves going up through narrow slots in between 6 foot tall near vertical wind drifts, rock outcroppings, etc. and it's not so easy.
    Thanks and this is true. I still have zero fucks to give....

For the most part all I got from that post was that the Brit wants to suck Mofros cock which I'm totally cool with.
    Since I've met both of them, this puts a picture in my head that's funny but also disturbing.

Since I've met both of them, this puts a picture in my head that's funny but also disturbing.
    HA! It was a light-hearted post. Sorry for the visual.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yeah, don't sweat it. Skinning well is an earned skill.

Here's a perspective: at least you have many miles of experience in downhill mode and can link turns and handle poor conditions, unlike most of the stick-legged Randocommando dweebs that never ride chairlifts.
    Awesome

Now go back and try to find where I said anything about skinning in my post jackass, and then come up with a valid argument that BC skiing does not, in its most basic form, constitute walking uphill to then ski down. No skins required, just a little bit of fitness. And if you don't have enough fitness to walk uphill, then you're probably sucking wind at the downhill too. Just like Stucky.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Now go back and try to find where I said anything about skinning in my post jackass, and then come up with a valid argument that BC skiing does not, in its most basic form, constitute walking uphill to then ski down. No skins required, just a little bit of fitness. And if you don't have enough fitness to walk uphill, then you're probably sucking wind at the downhill too. Just like Stucky.
    Jackass, nice. Don't take yourself too seriously.

Supposed to snow a lot up high. Well, a few inches Wednesday. What to do, what to do...
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Stucky, in all fairness, don't you have a rheumatoid condition that prevents you from most forms of productively excercizing consistently? I think I remember you posting about it on occasion.

I only bring it up because I think maybe people don't fully understand where you are coming from because of that. Maybe you have some limitations you can't control that prevent you from strenuous physical pursuits that would paint a clearer picture for us? You seem to willingly subject yourself to so much abuse around here...I feel kind of obligated to bring this up so that everyone beating up on you might have a more complete perspective on what has been holding you back from your dreams all these years

Not trying to be a dick honestly, I just wonder if it's hard to understand where you're at because you have been suffering from something that would have sidelined one of us before we ever got a chance to gain experience in the mountains.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I'm still unclear on what happened here? Skins were slipping?

LOL

motherfuckers skiing BC that cant link turns!!!

that is RICH
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    i laughed
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    8 months straight of gloomy grey skies and a constant drizzle gets in peoples heads, it's like Chinese water torture or something. The spring winds do it down here to people.

That being said I could see myself migrating up that way in a few years. The ski terrain just looks so damn good and the mountain biking doesn't suck either.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Hello. My alias is Buster Highmen and I've lived in the PNW since 1974 and I am a weirdo k00k.

I can't keep up with mofro either, so there's that, but as with life, there's lots of angles to this beecee skiing thing.

As far as the creepy thing goes, there's a reason David Lynch sited Twin Peaks here.

It's not the doughnuts either.

It's places like Carnation (where Kurt Cobain bought a friends house) which has a bit of a heroin and meth issue with the occasional inter family murder or Enumclaw where members of both sexes can enjoy equestrian pursuits. We may lack the elitism of the DuPonts, the smack bins of Southern Vermont, the friendliness of South Boston or even the grit of Penn State. But we've got flannel down. Besides, Portland isn't so creepy as it has become annoying. Too bad it didn't work out like when David Byrne's Big Suit made Geek Chic.

It _is_ grey and damp for a long time in the winters here. Thankfully. Because otherwise we'd be ruined like California and seeking to inflict ourselves on some other part of the country.

As far as keeping up with mofro or zdash, well, I'm fucking slow on the skin track. I think I may be asthmatic or something, but I prefer not to don the robes of particular fraternities of hypochondria. So I just get out there and fart around and wheeze and lurk until I can catch my breath and keep on slogging up.

It was so great before the turn of the millennia when anyone considering skiing completely overlooked WA. It used to be the best kept secret. Now, not so much.

But hey, it's touring season, there's bitchin thick snowpack and who knows we might even get an interval where Juneuary's drizzle gives way to a spate of clear days and freezing nights to provide a window of real corn. This weekend looks like a possibility if the forecasts pan out. Who knows, I might see some of you k00ks out there, far up above while I lugubriously labor up some salubrious skin track in the sun.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Inhaled cortisone steroid. You should try it, it works really well. The little red inhaler
    crab in my shoe mouth

8 months straight of gloomy grey skies and a constant drizzle gets in peoples heads, it's like Chinese water torture or something. The spring winds do it down here to people.

That being said I could see myself migrating up that way in a few years. The ski terrain just looks so damn good and the mountain biking doesn't suck either.
    We have 300 days of sunshine where I live east of the crest. Skied nice snow under sunny skies this morning. I grew up west of the crest but am lucky enough to have relocated to the east side next to the desert but adjacent to the beautiful Cascades. The access to great ski terrain and good mountain biking is really nice. Kooks and weirdoes are fine by me, better than the stale folks like buttah.

I'll tell you what I tell my kids every day. "Who is the best skier on the mountain? The one with the biggest smile on their face."

Nothing else matters. It exists for fun. if you look dumb going up, did you have fun going down. If someone makes fun of you, look at them and laugh and say thank you.