SOLD: MR Saddle Peak pack

SOLD to 1000-Oaks:
    Mystery Ranch Saddle Peak, med yoke, blue.
    Only used a handful of times in amazing shape.

Fits ~18-21" torso or as MR suggests, 5'6" - 6'2"

$130 shipped CONUS. Paypal, net.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	658.4 KB 
ID:	205857
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender-1.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	820.6 KB 
ID:	205858
    Last edited by truax; 05-08-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Edit: Made a new FS thread, since the title of this one says "sold".
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Peak-Ski-Pack
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 09-19-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    flip it to a made-in-North America tecnical-fashion buyer in Asia for twice the price.
    Will an Asian buyer really pay double for a made in USA MR pack?

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    Will an Asian buyer really pay double for a made in USA MR pack?
    They definitely do for old Canadian-made Arc'teryx packs, I sold a mint Bora pack to a buyer in Japan for $125 before I realized beat ones were going for more than $250. And I've seen well-used USA-made Mystery Ranch Saddle Peaks go well over $200 on ebay, I assume also to Asia. I watched for a long time before buying this one. The MR pack even says "Bozeman, MT USA" on it.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 09-18-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    They definitely do for old Canadian-made Arc'teryx packs, I sold a mint Bora pack to a buyer in Japan for $125 before I realized beat ones were going for more than $250. And I've seen well-used USA-made Mystery Ranch Saddle Peaks go well over $200 on ebay, I assume also to Asia. I watched for a long time before buying this one. The MR pack even says "Bozeman, MT USA" on it.
    From an interview I recently read:

Some of that comes into just the necessities of the business. When we first started Mystery Ranch, we were trying to produce in the United States and, practically speaking, that kind of eliminated us economically from selling in the backpacking world. When I first started out, even the kind of prices my American-made Dana Design stuff was back in the ‘90s was considered far too expensive. We were being told no one would ever buy a pack for more than $229. Ever. And that we had to go overseas and start producing stuff that the dealers wanted to sell. And we were trying to make the company work entirely through dealers. We pursued this course for a good four years. We had more interest coming in from the military side where I could still produce in the United States and control production. And ultimately, in 2004 we ended up withdrawing from the civilian market in terms of selling through dealers.

Over the course of the next seven or eight years, ultimately the company grew many fold. It grew to become several times bigger than Dana Design ever peaked at. And we were building for the mission-based customers. Just a little bit of odd history: it was in 2010 and we were only selling either to firefighters or the military or a little bit direct on the web to people who still remembered. And we had some Japanese come walking through after their trip to Yellowstone and they saw what we were doing and they bought our tiny factory store out to the walls. And a month later another group came and did the same thing.

It was discovering that we still had a base of people in Japan who loved what we were doing, loved the fact that we were building for people really using gear to its absolute limits, that we ended up finding a group of people who were ultimately demanding that we start building daypacks and other things. And it was our connection with A&F in Japan, which is just an awesome, awesome group of users that both distribute gear in Japan and have their own stores, that we got the message loud and clear that there was a market there.

MR stuff goes for a lot of money in Japan.
    I have a few hard to get ones like the original multicam One Day that I just watched one sell in japan for like $650. If i wasn't such a gear whore I'd sell it.
    The backpack scene in Japan is a real thing.

^^Thanks for the responses.