Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AK

Wow, you got the lucky window of time! Truly majestic photos and videos. Especially with the videos, you can almost feel the quality of the snow. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, glad you lucked out!

Quote Originally Posted by bucbanzai View Post
    Dex, you lucky fucker!

I was there for week 6 and the entire crew got SHUT OUT. We did get to ski Eyak and go ice-caving in a snowstorm, but we spent most of the week at the Reluctant.

It was nice on training day, but snowed and rained the rest of the week. Raining when we got on the plane on Saturday.

Your pics and videos are fantastic but painful to watch

(A unique pic - a bonfire on a snow beach on the Orca Inlet)
    At least you got this photo?

I believe there were at least a few guys from your week who had come back when I was there to get the goods.

For anyone interested, I will say that literally not a single day has gone by since the trip that I haven't thought about the skiing that we did. Not sure I can say the same about any other place I have skied. Two guys from the group have already put down for next season. I'm doing my best to see if I can do the same...
    [quote][//quote]

Damn Dex, I just stumbled across your TR and that was incredible. That last peak you guys skied would of had me pooping my diaper. Really well done. Glad you have the skilz to appreciate such awesome terrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    This was an awesome night. feeding eagles at dusk with "Buddy the eagle whisperer"
    Snow Flake Killer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18076675_10155137266509070_2328263038377308006_o.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	211978
    Snow Flake Killer

Outstanding TR. PNH has to be one of the best ski ops period, but a down week in Cordova will drive most insane.

I live there usually have a boat in the water. In 14 years I have only met 3 maggots. I would think I would of at least got a change for nickel shout out in the lift line. I am usually the ski patrolman at mt eyak.
    off your knees Louie

This is amazing! Great trip!

I hope i can do something like this some day!

Hey super TR. Congrats.

Thanks, Jeffreaux and Parkin...

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I live there usually have a boat in the water. In 14 years I have only met 3 maggots. I would think I would of at least got a change for nickel shout out in the lift line. I am usually the ski patrolman at mt eyak.
    Had no idea. Didn't occur to me in a town that size to even consider that a mag might be around. Will have to give you a shout on the next go-round (although I will also admit that I hope to be lucky enough not to be at Eyak--place was closed when I was there, anyway).
    [quote][//quote]