Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Results 376 to 398 of 398
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Juan Islands, WA.
    Posts
    849
    Not really favorite tools but these two get quite a bit of use, the grease gun is something I didn't think I needed until I bought it and the impact gun saves a ton of time and it sure beats dragging around an air hose.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7373.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	301498

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,412
    when Junior was wrenching the very large electric motors he got an electric impact wrench, he claims it is better than air unless you you have spent +400$ on an air wrench
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,744
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    West Virginia as fuck.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,281
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    West Virginia as fuck.
    They are all made in Charleston WV at the Kelly axe and tool works, so yeah.
    watch out for snakes

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    when Junior was wrenching the very large electric motors he got an electric impact wrench, he claims it is better than air unless you you have spent +400$ on an air wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    Not really favorite tools but these two get quite a bit of use, the grease gun is something I didn't think I needed until I bought it and the impact gun saves a ton of time and it sure beats dragging around an air hose.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7373.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	301498
    Iíve got the Dewalt 120v corded 1/2Ē impact wrench. Itís ok. I mostly use it for seasonal tire changes. Itís disappointing how often it wonít break free a lug but which easily will spin with a breaker bar. My cheap old pneumatic wrench will break studs off, but my current compressor doesnít have the CFM to keep up with it.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,412
    Ya well he used them in an industrial app, i'm talking about motor s big enough to walk thru, I duno what brand BUT

    they were red
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Curious about Manning Bowman--apparently made mostly tin ware, silver and nickel plated stuff, that kind of thing, but also a few electric tools. Went our of business in 1945.
    Holy crap, I had no idea. That drill still works like a champ. My dad had it as long as I can remember but I figured it was 60s or 70s vintage.

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    224
    Battery powered impact wrench
    Made plugging a punctured tire not suck this nipply morn

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,006
    ^Definitely a "must have".



    Pop up canopy is great for sun and rain. Makes working in hot or wet weather way more tolerable.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_458a.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1,016.0 KB 
ID:	301787


    And beach umbrellas aren't just for the beach...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_48fb.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	774.6 KB 
ID:	301789
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    177
    Somebody here should be able to guess why this still a favorite of mine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5E74B4B-E8E7-4C5B-B84B-1EA6A86F697B.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	302612

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    3,553
    Name:  81F4z7K0ggL._SY606_.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  25.0 KB

    +

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	makita-hammer-drills-xph10z-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	302625

    I used my makita cordless drill to drive my LEM Sausage Stuffer the other day. Pretty impressed with the results.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,946
    I might be gay because I think the LEM catalogue is sexier than the Vic Secret one.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,744
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I might be gay because I think the LEM catalogue is sexier than the Vic Secret one.
    Heh. Sausage stuffer. NTTAWWT.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    43
    So the Essential Craftsman turned me on to the Burke Bar - I think Archimedes must have had one when he said " give me a place to stand and a lever long enough and I will move the world"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JnMO6-ql8o

    And btw the Essential Craftsman channel is worth a look if you're into construction, blacksmithing, or folk wisdom!

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,790
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I used my makita cordless drill to drive my LEM Sausage Stuffer the other day. Pretty impressed with the results.
    OMG that's genius! Can't believe I've never thought of that. And here the rest of us have been hand-cranking like a bunch of suckers. No more! Thanks for the idea!

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by ianpnw View Post
    So the Essential Craftsman turned me on to the Burke Bar - I think Archimedes must have had one when he said " give me a place to stand and a lever long enough and I will move the world"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JnMO6-ql8o

    And btw the Essential Craftsman channel is worth a look if you're into construction, blacksmithing, or folk wisdom!
    Burke bar is standard heavy civil construction site kit. Has all sorts of uses.

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    11,077
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Name:  81F4z7K0ggL._SY606_.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  25.0 KB

    +

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	makita-hammer-drills-xph10z-64_1000.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	302625

    I used my makita cordless drill to drive my LEM Sausage Stuffer the other day. Pretty impressed with the results.
    and here I thought that contraption was some kind of bong

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Juan Islands, WA.
    Posts
    849
    I haven't seen a Snap On dealer in 20+ years and as a result have a few broken tools, 11 ratchets, 11 screwdrivers, a bunch of sockets and assorted other stuff.

    broken 3/8" ratchets, It's nice to have spares
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4090220.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	773.5 KB 
ID:	302952

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado
    Posts
    2,490
    I have an old Craftsman wood chipper which I was pretty pleased with this weekend. Itís got an 8hp B&S motor. The recoil starter crapped out a year ago and Iíve been using a cordless drill and a 22mm socket to start it. I used it Sunday to mulch up some huge piles of leaves and I shot the stuff all over my lawn. Itís amazing how it reduced a couple of trailer loads of leaves to mulch

  20. #395
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    off on yet another Tangent
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I have an old Craftsman wood chipper which I was pretty pleased with this weekend. It’s got an 8hp B&S motor. The recoil starter crapped out a year ago and I’ve been using a cordless drill and a 22mm socket to start it. I used it Sunday to mulch up some huge piles of leaves and I shot the stuff all over my lawn. It’s amazing how it reduced a couple of trailer loads of leaves to mulch
    I'd never have thought of a wood chipper as useful for mulching. What about pine needles?
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

    SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR
    BIKE TOOL BLOW OUT!

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado
    Posts
    2,490
    It has two blade sets. One side takes 3Ē limbs. The other set is fed by a large hopper and is for shredding/mulching leaves and twigs. I think pine needles would shoot thru relatively uncut

  22. #397
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,384
    Is this like the one used in the film Fargo?

  23. #398
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,790
    FWIW, Home Depot's running some legit pre-Black Friday sales right now. Just picked up a 1/2" Husky torque wrench for $50 and metric/SAE deep impact socket sets for mega cheap today:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-50...DTWA/205914009
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-...PCSR/203559463
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-...PCSR/203559461

    Now I'm REALLY tempted to order this best since it's finally on sale again and I have to swap brake rotors once they arrive:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...7-21/306180606

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •