Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    8" wustoff chef's knife.

I've had dozens and dozens of fancy and/or speciality knives in my life but none have been anywhere as useful or as durable as the standard chef's knife.
    Good one - had mine for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    spook took the dildo and ran with it.
    There's signs all around the pool saying you can't do that.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hmmm...

Craftsman 188 pc. socket set circa 1997. 6 pt. sockets because nobody likes rounded nuts.
    Lodge 12" cast iron skillet
    Weber Smoky Mountain 18"
    7 1/4" Skilsaw worm drive
    Craftsman 8" and 12" adjustable box end wrenches (no idea why they stopped making these, best adjustable wrench ever)
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Craftsman 8" and 12" adjustable box end wrenches (no idea why they stopped making these, best adjustable wrench ever)
    b/c they are harder to use than this?

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    b/c they are harder to use than this?

Lol no. Small head size and they never slip off the nut. Basically an adjustable socket.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I just here to say FUCK OFF Amazon and all you 'tools' linking that shit. Amazon doesn't know what a tool is!

My Redmax blower. I can stand in my yard and blow 50' in either direction. It's made for men that love to blow stuff.

Air flow in pipe:
    908 cfm
    Air speed:
    206 mph
    Holy shit yes, Redmax 8500. Not the cheapest leaf blower but I use it for home and my business. Does the work of 4 guys with rakes in half the time. Wet oak leaves, acorns and shit - no problem. I have never regretted that purchase.

Stihl chainsaw, always starts, runs all day, light

Most used tool. Cordless drill. Thinking about a new one but I don't know enough about them.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    8" wustoff chef's knife.

I've had dozens and dozens of fancy and/or speciality knives in my life but none have been anywhere as useful or as durable as the standard chef's knife.
    I agree on whatever works for your hand. I bought a $6 santuko to throw in my knife bag. It's been a go to for lots of work. Shitty stamped metal but it's light, comfortable and takes an edge fast. If it's dropped or stolen oh well.

I still prefer Japanese steel for most kitchen work.

Lol no. Small head size and they never slip off the nut. Basically an adjustable socket.
    If you need slip free then socket. Um, there's a reason they are not made anymore while the 'crescent' wrench is still around...since 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    Holy shit yes, Redmax 8500. Not the cheapest leaf blower but I use it for home and my business. Does the work of 4 guys with rakes in half the time. Wet oak leaves, acorns and shit - no problem. I have never regretted that purchase.
    Another guy who likes to blow stuff.

8500 dominates.

If you need slip free then socket. Um, there's a reason they are not made anymore while the 'crescent' wrench is still around...since 1898.
    Oh, I have a couple crescent wrenches in the toolbox of all sizes, right next to these. I know which one is my go to adjustable wrench. They're good enough that I'm not afraid to torque down on them, where a crescent would twist off and I'd bust my knuckles, round the nut, or both. If I'm working on something that I need no-slip whatsoever, then yeah, I grab the sockets. But most of the time, that's more trouble than it's worth than using this.

For $20, I recommend you grab a set from flea bay and try them. If you don't like them, I'll buy them off you for your cost, just so I have a second set. Absolutely serious.

Knowing Sears, they're probably not made anymore because they stole some guy's patent idea, and then they got their ass kicked in court after the fact because they wouldn't pay royalties. Happened to them a couple times on their hand tools, and now Sears is circling the drain.

Quick google search reveals... the Neff patent from 1965. Very similar design.
    http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum...docid=D0409462

edit: looks like the Craftsman patent was filed in 1990, didn't site Neff as a reference doc.
    http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=0...iew+first+page

Right now this fucker is awesome.

Corner of my yard is swampy after record rains and runoff from a neighbors yard. Dug a hole in the lowest spot and stuck this pump in and hosed it to a irrigation drain. It will pull a gallon in less than 5 seconds and can suck debris up to almost and an inch in size.

Bought two of them.

These suck.

IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

No that's ok, I don't need more wrenches

I'm sure they grip better than a crescent...but, I had to fix a toilet this weekend. So I was able to use the 8" crescent wrench as both an open end wrench and to tighten some nuts. If I had those I would have needed another wrench. The offset handle on a crescent is also very handy as you can flip it in a spot where you can't get enough rotation.
    OTOH if I'm working on the car and in tight spots, I'm taking sockets, not those or a crescent.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    large equipment: (tie) vertical mill, metal lathe, metal band saw
    small equipment: knife grinder (belt sander)
    motorized hand tool: 10 gauge nibbler
    non-motorized hand tool: dead blow hammer

I concur with the large power tools; mill, lathe, saw and knife grinder. Once you get good at them anything else is junk. The knife grinder is addicting.

Bosch's big chop saw is worth it. I run one on a metro cart setup with a vacuum amp switch. LOVE IT.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-GCM12SD...bosch+chop+saw

I have the original dead on framing hammer that is sick, vaughn makes a good one too. Put some red paint on it like you smashed somebody's head in and your tools no longer disappear.

Best knife under $25, its better than most under $150 and I have a randall.
    https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1920-...haw+quick+fire

^its better than your swiss army knife or leather man.

That knife looks cool, I've been buying these Hultafors knifes, they're onlly $13.00 with a sheath and sharp as a bitch but they do rust like crazy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Festool Domino 500
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Man, I quit pro building before the Domino came out but I sure wish I had one (or both sizes). Hard to justify for what little time I have now, but damn, they look soooooo legit.

I had to fix a toilet this weekend.
    Toilet tool by Hertel Wax. https://www.amazon.com/Hertel-1-Toil...=hertel+toilet

^^Preppies!

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Man, I quit pro building before the Domino came out but I sure wish I had one (or both sizes). Hard to justify for what little time I have now, but damn, they look soooooo legit.
    Whoa the Festool would be cool. I love tight wood joints.

If I had one, I'd join wood all morning, then go blow stuff in the yard all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Right now this fucker is awesome.

Corner of my yard is swampy after record rains and runoff from a neighbors yard. Dug a hole in the lowest spot and stuck this pump in and hosed it to a irrigation drain. It will pull a gallon in less than 5 seconds and can suck debris up to almost and an inch in size.

Bought two of them.
    My little submersible pump was super useful the past two years for me in CA foothills. Summertime was used pumping kiddo bathwater to water our garden. This past winter, it was used to pump water pooling up along the house during some deluges (as I was madly digging or redigging a trench with shovel and pulaski).

Whoa the Festool would be cool. I love tight wood joints.

If I had one, I'd join wood all morning, then go blow stuff in the yard all afternoon.

Wtf?

“I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

That Domino looks very cool. I do mortise and tenon joints with a plunge router for the mortises and spaced double blades on the table saw for the tenons. Takes forever to set up to get accurate results. I don't think I can justify spending a grand on the Domino, though.

The Best Tool You Own

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That Domino looks very cool. I do mortise and tenon joints with a plunge router for the mortises and spaced double blades on the table saw for the tenons. Takes forever to set up to get accurate results. I don't think I can justify spending a grand on the Domino, though.
    You gonna need more than a grand you have to use a vacuum/extractor and tenons but it's accurate as fuck and easy to set up. The track saws are tits too
    Last edited by snoqpass; 05-08-2017 at 07:49 PM.