Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    If I did more than a little building or maintenance I would upgrade but I've had the same corded skilsaw and BD 3/8ths drill for 30 or 40 yrs which does the basic stuff
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Best Tool You Own

A cordless impact driver is such an improvement over grandpa’s old 3/8” drill you wouldn’t believe it. The old drills are fine for making holes in things but I will never use one to drive a screw again.
    Last edited by jackattack; 06-11-2018 at 06:19 PM.

we just got one of those kreg jigs and it is awesome. I just got home from work and I realized I'm jonesing to do more joining

also not a "best" tool but handy- I love have 2 drills for projects. keep one loaded with drill bit and one with driver bit
    skid luxury

My current best tool is a cast iron skillet.

Probably Wooley.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    also not a "best" tool but handy- I love have 2 drills for projects. keep one loaded with drill bit and one with driver bit
    Better- have a drill with a drill bit, and an impact driver with the driver bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you were going to restrict me to one, I'd have to say, Stinkfist.
    Quoted for posterity

German tweezers. Splinters, both steel and wood and the bane of my existance.

Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post
    German tweezers. Splinters, both steel and wood and the bane of my existance.
    Good tweezers are very important. There really is a difference. Look for whatever a lady would use for eyebrows. In my experience these are the most precise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

many uses, does shit nothing else can quickly

Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you were going to restrict me to one, I'd have to say, Stinkfist.
    [/end thread]
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Whack whack whack whack whack finally one goes in. Maybe the slap stapler I have is a shitty one, but it doesn't work so well.
    The power one is much easier to use in inconvenient spaces too, like laying on you back in a crawlspace putting batts into floor joists
    the great part of power staplers is for a "difficult" substrate you can dial in exactly what you need and bam, it goes in.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    [/end thread]
    quoted once again for posterity.

ALEXA PLAY STINKFIST BY TOOL

Craftsman commercial Router.
    + 30+ specialty bits.

I don't use it often but when I do, !! it's so awesome for custom edge work.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I dont own it but growing up with a father whose hobby is woodworking/home improvement, I found the miter saw to be the most useful for everyday work when helping him out.

I concur with the angle grinder nomination.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I concur with the angle grinder nomination.
    S'true always looking for an excuse to do some angle grinding.

Although I find myself reaching for it's little brother, the dremel, quite a bit these days. Sometimes the big boy don't fit and you have to go with plan "D."
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Not really a physical tool -- but the best thing I currently own is a membership to my local tool library. Most any power tool you could need, easy to renew for up to a week. Kinda a PITA to drive 10 minutes to get something, but has really helped me learn what tools are worth buying, what tools are worth spending extra money on, what features to look for etc etc etc. Plus soon they'll have they'll have a full woodshop setup for jointing, planing, and cutting wood on big ass shop tools. Not that I'm a woodworker, but I've got a few projects that I'd like to try my hand at.

After remodeling my kitchen and building a storage shed I have to nominate my oscillating multi tool. I have no idea what I did before owning one. I just have the cheap hf version and buy good blades for it. The tool saves so much time and energy.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Today it’s going to be this brand new gun
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8459.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	241655
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I can definitely see the advantage of yours for confined spaces. Mine works like a champ otherwise though, maybe too good - one time I was hanging insulation in an addition we were working on when the customer's little like 3-year-old kid walked in, there were tools and shit all over the place, I turned to tell the kid he had to go back out but stapled up the piece I was holding - and stapled my thumb to the stud. Right through the nail. I had to pull a screwdriver out of my belt and pry my thumb off the wall. Ouch. Nail's still fucked up 25 years later.
    I did this once upon a time, however I was lucky in that I had used up my last staple one swing before hitting my thumbnail! I still busted my thumbnail open but I didn’t have to pull a staple out...

There are so many useful tools out there, but the multi master (oscillating tool) is near the top of the list. I’ve been putting a lot of miles on mine lately.

Quote Originally Posted by savemeasammy View Post
    I did this once upon a time, however I was lucky in that I had used up my last staple one swing before hitting my thumbnail! I still busted my thumbnail open but I didn’t have to pull a staple out...

There are so many useful tools out there, but the multi master (oscillating tool) is near the top of the list. I’ve been putting a lot of miles on mine lately.
    The Multimaster is tits
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8517.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	243390
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

^^^ it's obvious Festool designed it specifically for this application
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    ^^^ it's obvious Festool designed it specifically for this application
    The Germans are all about interoperability, efficiency and all....

That pic remin ds me that the lowly shop vacuum is a pretty awesume tool & it saved me from the water damage a lot of people had last october

It started raining/snowing HARD which brought the water table way up, water starts coming in the basement suite and the tenant gives me the headsup at 10pm, I pulled an all nighter to vacuum up the water every 15 min or so until 7am, I must have emptied that tub 50 times.

Since I am already up i am first to the pump rental place and first to the the building supply to buy the last sump pump ... the early worm gets the bird
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know