Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Irish Whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I've got several Irish whiskeys and my favorite is Redbreast 12 cask strength. It's like the 12yr with a kick of flavor. Red Breast Lustau is pretty good as well, but I much prefer the 12 yr. I no longer have Green Spot, but it was very good while it lasted. The cheapest Teeling is a little harsh for me, but the single grain is good. Bushmills 10 year is nice whiskey.
    God, I would kill for a bottle of RB12 cask. So hard to find in Utah.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I've tried a few of the caskmates and think they are absolutely unbearable.

To each their own.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    God, I would kill for a bottle of RB12 cask. So hard to find in Utah.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I used to see it regularly here. Now it’s usually just the regular 12 yo expression. We’re getting more of the Spots, though.

I was pretty ambivalent about Irish before spending a week there for a friend’s wedding. I drank enough of it to develop a taste for it, but I still prefer Scotch, bourbon, or rye. I probably have a half a dozen bottles of Irish but haven’t bought one in a couple years. The next one I buy will probably be a Red Breast. Preferably the cask strength.

The Teeling distillery tour was one of the best I’m I’ve ever done. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I used to see it regularly here. Now it’s usually just the regular 12 yo expression. We’re getting more of the Spots, though.

I was pretty ambivalent about Irish before spending a week there for a friend’s wedding. I drank enough of it to develop a taste for it, but I still prefer Scotch, bourbon, or rye. I probably have a half a dozen bottles of Irish but haven’t bought one in a couple years. The next one I buy will probably be a Red Breast. Preferably the cask strength.

The Teeling distillery tour was one of the best I’m I’ve ever done. Highly recommended.
    The shortages on the higher marques are everywhere now- and completely unexplained by the suppliers. It doesn't really make sense to me why the 12 yr 80 is showing up without any 15 yr or cask strength in the container with it but that's what is happening. Irish whiskey isn't really comparable to Scotch or Bourbon most of the time. It has more in common with higher quality Canadian or American Blended whiskies. That isn't good for marketing purposes but it's the truth.

I'm not much of a whiskey drinker, or a drinker at all, but just had some of this and damn was it good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teeling-Small-Batch-Irish__31492.1549925448.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	255.1 KB 
ID:	450730
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you're looking very a tasty, mid priced Irish whiskey, I highly recommend Hellcat Maggie.

It's our go-to for card games, camping, etc. Pretty simple but very tasty.

That said, I'll usually order Jamison or Jamison Black when available. I'm not a scotch guy and I straight up don't like bourbon...too sweet.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    We have a thread for Scotch and bourbon, I thought a thread for Irish Whiskey might be good.

It's my birthday and I bought myself a bottle of Redbreast 12 year old single pot still Irish Whiskey. This shit is delicious, so smooth, complex and deep.
    there was a thread on Irish whisky

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...s+irish+whisky

Rev likes the Tyrconnel but has a new mid priced favourite it seems

Irish Whiskey

Yellow Spot for TMFW

Redbreast, older Jameson and Middleton right up there
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    there was a thread on Irish whisky

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...s+irish+whisky

Rev likes the Tyrconnel but has a new mid priced favourite it seems
    Yes sir. For an all night affair, I am obviously a fan--though those are few and far between these days.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."