Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Best job options for skiing 7 days a week

Hey,

I'm trying to ski everyday next season, or as much as possible. Was wondering what people's thoughts are for best job options.

Obviously bussing tables, but want to figure out something that doesn't suck so massively.

As well I'm going to try and start traveling for comps too, I think the money for that will have to come from saving up before the season but I would need the flexibility to spend a few days away skiing.

I should hopefully be graduating with an economics degree in the fall as well

bussing doesn't necessarily suck but depends on your location
    If you live in a busy zone you can get away with that and also have the advantages of getting out earlier/ get to leave first of it's not busy bc usually you have a higher hourly salary than the waiters
    but some places it is not as lucrative

My rule when I wanted to ski bum (and sadly now 12+ yrs ago) was that I didn't want to work at a place that served during the day.
    skid luxury

Work your ass off over the summer. Like, 6-7 days per week, 10+ hours a day. The people that I know that ski every day all winter, that's how they do it.

Night Auditer....but only if you can sneak in a 3-4 hour nap on most nights.

Oh for reference this is in SLC, so I pretty much plan to find a place as close to the bus line as possible and then only drive up on days where's it's nuking and little cottonwood is a fucking show

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Work your ass off over the summer. Like, 6-7 days per week, 10+ hours a day. The people that I know that ski every day all winter, that's how they do it.
    but what if you become like myself and yourself and enjoy riding so much too?? puts a wrench into the work your ass off in the summer thing
    skid luxury

riding is just a way to pass summer to winter

Ski instructor.

[/end thread]

It may actually cure you of any desire to ever ski again.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post
    riding is just a way to pass summer to winter
    for you perhaps but this is also how I felt as a young'in
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Ski instructor.
    job most filled by douches
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    job most filled by douches
    Yup.

I don't say it would be pretty, but it's a job, and you could ski 7 days a week.

Obviously the real answer is unemployment insurance.

Obviously the real answer is unemployment insurance.
    lol yes- you're right this is the true answer
    skid luxury

Night watchman in a warehouse?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I was a night watch lady at a golf course for moneys one summer in college. just show up at 5pm, walk around till dinner, then fall asleep but pretend that you dont
    skid luxury

So straight up not gonna be a ski instructor, cause I will 100% end up fired for trying to get little children to shred the gnar... plus ski instructing barely counts as skiing, it's glorified babysitting.

So straight up not gonna be a ski instructor, cause I will 100% end up fired for trying to get little children to shred the gnar... plus ski instructing barely counts as skiing, it's glorified babysitting.
    Unemployment insurance it is...

Unemployment insurance it is...
    That would imply I'm gainfully employed now to get it

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If you don't wanna work in food service(I don't blame you, I hated it), this. Unfortunately for you it's already May, and you're in school so landing a job for the summer that pays well for hard work won't be easy. Hell it ain't easy no matter what. Landscaping plus a side gig? Golf course plus side gig? Basically any sort of manual labor that pays ok and gets you overtime is what I'd look for. But you're way behind the curve for this year. I don't know what a degree in economics means job wise. Much possibility for a recent grad to work a non traditional schedule? Otherwise, ya some sort of restaurant job starting next fall/winter is most likely what you have to do. You'll survive

That would imply I'm gainfully employed now to get it
    Don't they teach this stuff in economics school?

Handjobs?

Drug dealer

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Handjobs?
    They must teach that in economics school.

Pimpin?

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    If you don't wanna work in food service(I don't blame you, I hated it), this. Unfortunately for you it's already May, and you're in school so landing a job for the summer that pays well for hard work won't be easy. Hell it ain't easy no matter what. Landscaping plus a side gig? Golf course plus side gig? Basically any sort of manual labor that pays ok and gets you overtime is what I'd look for. But you're way behind the curve for this year. I don't know what a degree in economics means job wise. Much possibility for a recent grad to work a non traditional schedule? Otherwise, ya some sort of restaurant job starting next fall/winter is most likely what you have to do. You'll survive
    Yahh... kinda wasn't on top of my shit lately. Though I actually just had someone reach out to me that my department recommended me for an internship position for this summer so I'll see what happens, otherwise I'm gonna be hitting up all the golf courses in the local area Monday morning, and might reach out to some people I know in the landscaping gigs.

I tutor so I'm gonna see if I can transition to doing ACT / SAT tutoring too cause that's $$$, I already make $20/hr tutoring but just don't have enough hours

I'm kind of more of a stats guy than an economics guy, but that unfortunately doesn't really lead itself to unconventional schedule, and to be completely honest am gonna put the whole real life stuff on back burner for I'm planning 3 years to just try and start crushing it on the hill.

I'll be fine with a whole restaurant gig if I can't figure out anything better. We'll see

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the preferred tgrz nomenclature is mitten fetching
    i'd pm iceman and try to get accepted into the school of trophy husbandry
    i'm an accredited tutor if your games lame
    i suck at economics but 2 decades of bummery has taught me
    the more marketable life skills you posess and employ
    less bummin ya gota do.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Swing shift dentist!