Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lost Trail (MT/ID) shuttle fest 2017

August 26 this year, which is earlier than last year. $60 registration through 5/31. I couldn't find the thread from last year because the search function blows.

ltbikefest.com

Everyone I know that has gone to this has had a blast.
    Gotta try and make it this year.

Shoot...I was planning on going if it was in September. Oh well. I bet the weather gets dicey that late, though.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

We rode warm springs last fall, it was really nice. Aside from the main ridge trail there are what, 2-3 other ones that drop off to the west?

I feel like it's a little overpriced.
    Group buy?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    We rode warm springs last fall, it was really nice. Aside from the main ridge trail there are what, 2-3 other ones that drop off to the west?

I think there were 5 main options. So there's the main ridge, and then 4 ways to drop off to the west. And then there's a few other trails in the area that can be incorporated into the ride if you want.

Isn't that the shit they are closing but have no way of enforcing such a thing?
    No longer stuck.

The most technical ride, Overwhich, has nothing in common with the ridge rides other than the road climb. Then there are three that drop off the main Warm Springs Ridge trail. I was pretty surprised by how sustained and steep Fire Creek is, which is the last one before the Ridge proper descent. They are nothing alike.

Isn't that the shit they are closing but have no way of enforcing such a thing?
    No.

As for price, you get dinner, a beer, a shirt, shuttles, camping, music, etc all for $60.

I dare you to try and ride three laps.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I dare you to try and e-ride three laps.
    FIFY. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I think there were 5 main options. So there's the main ridge, and then 4 ways to drop off to the west. And then there's a few other trails in the area that can be incorporated into the ride if you want.
    I could have probably looked at the map before I said anything. We just did the ridge and I saw the few trails dropping down to the road early.

But yeah, even 2-3 laps of the main warm springs ridge in a day would be worth the $60. It was one of the better rides I did last year, although not particularly fast or techy, just a nice scenic ride with a group of friends. Funny story, I was adjusting my saddle in the parking lot and stripped the clamp. Found a longer bolt off the airbox of the car and borrowed a hose clamp from a guy in the lot which kept it mostly in place. Was a little apprehensive about doing 20 backcountry miles but it worked out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Shoot...I was planning on going if it was in September. Oh well. I bet the weather gets dicey that late, though.
    It was in September last year but overlapped with the archery opener and people got pissed.

No.

As for price, you get dinner, a beer, a shirt, shuttles, camping, music, etc all for $60.

I dare you to try and ride three laps.
    I'll fucking do it on my hardtail, asshole, come ride anytime.
    Still seems more like $30 or $45.
    No longer stuck.

I'll fucking do it on my hardtail, asshole, come ride anytime.
    Still seems more like $30 or $45.
    Clearly you're not an event planner.

Everyone I know who's gone has said great things about it. Hopefully I can make it this year.

I'm not a lawyer either, so clearly that means I'm not allowed to know anything about anything.
    No longer stuck.

Christ, man. Have you ever gone to the event? Have you even rode those trails? If you had done either, you know it'd be worth the money. Plus, support the local mountain biking scene and groups you have instead of e-bitching about the feds taking trails away. Get out there!

I was there the first year (still have the shirt...one of my favorites). Warm Springs is fun and beautiful and the shuttle setup was great. Only met great people and had good times camping out in the parking lot.

Let's​ quit encouraging him to come. For everyone else, see you there.

Shit I'll have to remember to hit this up. Shits drying up nicely this side of the divide.

Let's​ quit encouraging him to come. For everyone else, see you there.
    I swear there is a semester in law school where they teach you to be a know it all twat. It seems like a few don't take it, but ime most lawyers do.
    2 who post here and 1 other I met must have skipped that one, but it seems like Rootskier took good notes.
    No longer stuck.

Believe it or not, people who didn't do an extra 3 years of reading and writing can know stuff and be good at stuff.
    No longer stuck.

I swear there is a semester in law school where they teach you to be a know it all twat. It seems like a few don't take it, but ime most lawyers do.
    2 who post here and 1 other I met must have skipped that one, but it seems like Rootskier took good notes.
    FTR, you're the one who came off as a know it all twat, claiming it wasn't worth the price even though it seems you've never been.

Believe it or not, people who didn't do an extra 3 years of reading and writing can know stuff and be good at stuff.
    True. But part of knowing stuff and being good at stuff is knowing that there are things you don't know.

All day unlimited shuttles, a meal, beer, bands, and camping, is worth $60. I mean, a single shuttle of the Whole Enchilada costs $30, $15 for the shortest shuttle in Moab. So $60 for all that seems fairly reasonable, especially if it is a fundraiser.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Speaking of shuttles, Helena's Shuttle Fest is May 19-21. On Friday May 19th there's also an Ales for Trails party. The Helena Trailrider shuttle is sponsored by local businesses and runs all summer. This link has a schedule and some info.

Sorry for the thread hijack, Root.

No, thanks. That is relevant to my interests. 😀

So you took that class?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Yes.

Not the exclusive domain of lawyers.

Most other posters here from Missoula are so NOT Missoula. For serious.
    No longer stuck.