Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    This thread, TLDR:

"Who wants to go ride bikes and drink beer?"

"[biblical cunting]"

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    This thread, TLDR:

"Who wants to go ride bikes and drink beer?"

"[biblical cunting]"
    I'm on the other side of the country, but this thing looks/sounds like a huge amount of fun.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Ok sweety.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Sorry for posting relevant info but my buddy signed up so I'm sure I'll be there. If you see a drunk hi-liner and some long hair with an super old heckler be sure to say hi. Been at least a couple months since I've had some Fetty's breakfast .

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    August 26 this year, which is earlier than last year. $60 registration through 5/31. I couldn't find the thread from last year because the search function blows.

ltbikefest.com
    Lance Pysher needs your $60 because radiologists don't make diddly squat.

Fatties need a shuttle because fat.

This event will surely increase the quality of Pysher's legal team, right? From nonces to Legal Titans, eh?

I don't need to give Pysher $60 to lose his lawsuit, nor for me to ride a bike & drink a beer or two. But have at it, fatties!

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Lance Pysher needs your $60 because radiologists don't make diddly squat.

Fatties need a shuttle because fat.

This event will surely increase the quality of Pysher's legal team, right? From nonces to Legal Titans, eh?

I don't need to give Pysher $60 to lose his lawsuit, nor for me to ride a bike & drink a beer or two. But have at it, fatties!
    Fuck, you aren't going? Everyone will be crushed.

Yeah I don't know why you would want a shuttle when you can just ride 20 miles on highway 93 up to lost trail.

Yeah I don't know why people use TGR to pretend they're badder-assed than in real life.

Is Andy Kulla going? How about Al Hilschi? Maybe even the USFS District Ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Fuck, you aren't going? Everyone will be crushed.
    Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

I'm sure your "popularity" on TGR counts for something you can hold over my head, right?

Things are looking up this year already.

thinking about coming down for this.

is 3 laps doable in a day for a stronger rider?

I think so. First shuttle is at ten, I believe last one is at six. I think last year we caught the first one at 10:15 (they are sort of on-demand), took a decent break, made the second shuttle around three. We were not in a huge hurry, so it's doable. Not many people try, though, probably because all of the rides are 20ish miles and so you can't just decide to do a short one at the end.

As mentioned in the first post in this thread, TODAY is the last day for early registration. Goes up to $75 tomorrow, and stucky is 100% sure that is a complete ripoff, so...

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    thinking about coming down for this.

is 3 laps doable in a day for a stronger rider?
    3 laps is definitely doable. It'd be a big day, but quite a few people get 3 laps in every year.

Yeah seems like it wouldn't be too hard. My moving time on the full warm springs ridge was 2:19, and we were going slow. Plus we started at lost trail pass, not the top of road above the base where I assume the shuttles drop off. I'd guess that one takes marginally longer than some of the other routes that end with a few miles of downhill road ride.

The shuttle drops off in the parking lot, so you gotta climb the road. I also think the warm springs ridge proper is probably the fastest because the other rides (especially overwhich and porcupine) end up with some creek bottom riding that is rockier and slower than the ridge.

Although the road is open to vehicles, so if you want to be lazy about it (which I generally do), there's nothing stopping you from self-shuttling to the top.

bump: any guess on an average ride/moving time for Warm Springs Trail, Fire Creek Trail, or Porcupine Creek Trail ?
    I assume Overwhich Falls Trail is a bigger ride?

My friend that might join me, needs a challage, so thinking if we can ride all 4 in 1 day? 80 miles, but shuttles up from 10-6 (can start at 8 on the bigger/ falls trail ride, and then work our way thru the others after.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    bump: any guess on an average ride/moving time for Warm Springs Trail, Fire Creek Trail, or Porcupine Creek Trail ?
    I assume Overwhich Falls Trail is a bigger ride?

My friend that might join me, needs a challage, so thinking if we can ride all 4 in 1 day? 80 miles, but shuttles up from 10-6 (can start at 8 on the bigger/ falls trail ride, and then work our way thru the others after.
    All of the options are around the same time to compete, give or take. I checked my strava from last year and I was a bit over 2 hours for overwhich, and about 2:15 for fire creek. That's parking lot to pickup location on both of them.

That's a fairly leisurely pace, and I was with a group that I recall having some mechanicals. Looking at strava times, it looks like 1:30 - 1:40 per lap is pretty doable if you're hustling. So realistically, that probably means around 2:30 or a bit more for a full lap with shuttle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am a lot slower than toast but I also rode Overwhich faster than the others. It has significantly (like 700') less climbing than Fire Creek and Warm Springs proper.

and looks like I'll be coming down for this now. 2 others from banff will be meeting up too.

look for a blue tacomo, pop top camper, and a rocky pipeline on the back

Pray for less smoke.

what's the riding like? I could possibly hit this on my way back down to SLC.

I'll be in a red F-250 with a tow behind pop up camper. Most likely riding a Hightower.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    what's the riding like? I could possibly hit this on my way back down to SLC.
    Legit backcountry riding, with the bonus that they clear it all before the ride so you're not hiking over trees the whole time. Skinny trail, moderately technical in spots, rarely flowy. More down than up, but still plenty of pedaling.

The riding is good, but not do-before-you-die spectacular. As much as anything, it's just a fun ride with a bunch of people and a party afterwards.

And yeah. Pray for less smoke.

I hope someone can do a TR after the fact.
    Would love to check it out this year but there are several scheduling conflicts in the way.

Yeah hope for no smoke and nothing on fire up there. Things are really dry and smoke has been really variable. Being up at 8k feet will likely help though, it seems to get better up higher on the trails around here. I'm probably not going to make it anyway; have spent a shitload of money on bike related stuff lately.

Last Thursday

today

Lolo peak fire

Online registration is full. Apparently they might allow 15-20 in-person registrations but I'm not sure when that would start, exactly. \

It doesn't seem to be very smokey up there right now so keep your fingers crossed.