Page 139 of 649 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 16221

Thread: View right now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8978.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	242955

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Well this sucks... In killer shape and was having difficulty breathing - the short of it is have blood clots in my lungs and being admitted... 46 years old and first time staying in the hospital... I am already bored...Attachment 242859

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Get well soon, PEs no joke, it's a good thing you didn't ignore your symptoms!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Name:	IMG_9245.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	243078
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

So?

Has the view changed?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Name:	IMG_0641.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	243085

Ripped some lips after work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	243111
    Bay of Fundy. Hopewell Rocks.

Well this sucks... In killer shape and was having difficulty breathing - the short of it is have blood clots in my lungs and being admitted... 46 years old and first time staying in the hospital... I am already bored...Attachment 242859

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I’m sure they’ll get you sorted. Heal up quick bud. 3days is a little concerning. Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	243111
    Bay of Fundy. Hopewell Rocks.
    Mmmmmm lobster central. Stock up!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

Name:	IMG_0641.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	243085

Ripped some lips after work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    He fish-lipped it, man.

I truly appreciate the posts and PMs boyz...! I really do...! I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days and ended up with blood clots in both lungs and around my right calf... They put me through every test possible with the final one being an ultrasound of my hart to ensure no damage was done... All was fine there and finally made it home this afternoon and will be on Xarelto (blood thinner) for the next 6 months...

There are two things I learned from this experience that I want to share:

1. The Drs concluded that I got the blood clots from one of my flights... I recently traveled to Austin and was router through Atlanta which was experiencing terrible weather... I am 6'4" (205 lbs ) and was stuck in my seat for close to 5 hrs without moving... Apparently sitting in place for several hrs with little movement can cause clots without ... I was informed whether flying or driving at a minimum you need to get up and walk around to get the blood circulating after 3 hrs of sitting... Also, ibuprofen which is a blood thinner and compression socks will help...
    2. Last point and the one I will leave by from here on out - the reason why the Drs. concluded it was from flying was due to the fact that the other main causes I do not fall under (pregnancy, cancer, obesity, etc)... I pride myself on my level of fitness and a week before I went in I experienced shortness of breath while working out with my trainer... Through the week it got worse and I determined the cause was a chest cold... My wife finally got on my shit in a BIG way and I went to the ER... I explained my symptoms to the ER doc and I believe his first concern was cancer as he requested x-rays and this was ruled out... He than asked if I had traveled recently and I was not making the connection and he requested a scan and we had a winner - Pulminary Embolism (PE)...

What I am trying to net out is the majority of us on this board lead a very active life and when your body is trying to tell you something listen... Don't diagnose yourself or try to think it will go a way... PE can be deadly, but the biggest concern and why I was run through so many test was the Drs. were trying to determine if any damage was done to my lungs and/or hart (and there was not)... If I had waited and did not have a nagging wife things could have been worse which I heard over and over while in the hospital... I was told several times before and after tests I was in great shape and was not your typical PE patient which again is why made excuses when my body was trying to tell me otherwise...

Again, I truly appreciate the concern and notes and one of many reasons why I love this community...

Man, that’s pretty good news other than 6 months of thinners. It’s not chronic and no damage done. Tip top in time for good winter coverage

I'm surprised the doctors didn't say anything about your hart being 20% smaller than my heart.

Superficial Cuts will be a pain in the ass for about 6 months.

Can't tell you how many times I've prided myself in having sat in a ridiculously cramped cabin seat from boarding to deboarding.

Never Again!
    ​I am not in your hurry

View right now

Ya always hear that about flying and it crosses my mind in those shitty seats, especially last row. Apparently not an urban myth. My “heart” is a lump o coal so no worries
    #cleeeeancoal

Mid soundClick image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20180802_202439.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	243140

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    I'm surprised the doctors didn't say anything about your hart being 20% smaller than my heart.

Superficial Cuts will be a pain in the ass for about 6 months.

Can't tell you how many times I've prided myself in having sat in a ridiculously cramped cabin seat from boarding to deboarding.

Never Again!
    Great post, lol

View right now

I’m 6-5 & 46yo...I’m not excited about this story

Glad you’re on the heal, undertow

That rug isn’t going to vacuum itself...

Name:	Image1533270339.726481.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	243143
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Name:	20180803_024554.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	761.3 KB 
ID:	243146
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I truly appreciate the posts and PMs boyz...! I really do...! I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days and ended up with blood clots in both lungs and around my right calf... They put me through every test possible with the final one being an ultrasound of my hart to ensure no damage was done... All was fine there and finally made it home this afternoon and will be on Xarelto (blood thinner) for the next 6 months...

There are two things I learned from this experience that I want to share:

1. The Drs concluded that I got the blood clots from one of my flights... I recently traveled to Austin and was router through Atlanta which was experiencing terrible weather... I am 6'4" (205 lbs ) and was stuck in my seat for close to 5 hrs without moving... Apparently sitting in place for several hrs with little movement can cause clots without ... I was informed whether flying or driving at a minimum you need to get up and walk around to get the blood circulating after 3 hrs of sitting... Also, ibuprofen which is a blood thinner and compression socks will help...
    2. Last point and the one I will leave by from here on out - the reason why the Drs. concluded it was from flying was due to the fact that the other main causes I do not fall under (pregnancy, cancer, obesity, etc)... I pride myself on my level of fitness and a week before I went in I experienced shortness of breath while working out with my trainer... Through the week it got worse and I determined the cause was a chest cold... My wife finally got on my shit in a BIG way and I went to the ER... I explained my symptoms to the ER doc and I believe his first concern was cancer as he requested x-rays and this was ruled out... He than asked if I had traveled recently and I was not making the connection and he requested a scan and we had a winner - Pulminary Embolism (PE)...

What I am trying to net out is the majority of us on this board lead a very active life and when your body is trying to tell you something listen... Don't diagnose yourself or try to think it will go a way... PE can be deadly, but the biggest concern and why I was run through so many test was the Drs. were trying to determine if any damage was done to my lungs and/or hart (and there was not)... If I had waited and did not have a nagging wife things could have been worse which I heard over and over while in the hospital... I was told several times before and after tests I was in great shape and was not your typical PE patient which again is why made excuses when my body was trying to tell me otherwise...

Again, I truly appreciate the concern and notes and one of many reasons why I love this community...
    Glad you're ok. Scary shit.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Mmmmmm lobster central. Stock up!!
    Fuck ya. On PEI now. So mussels as well.

glad you are ok undertow!
    i think i will remember this on next long flight and short ones....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Head for the hills!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180803_125726.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	243182

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

From Wednesday evening on Independence passClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180731_193500.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	243183
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    glad you are ok undertow!
    i think i will remember this on next long flight and short ones....
    My thoughts exactly. Got some for a long flight but they will be at least with me on every flight here on out.

We have four left to do, I will try to make a whole thread from live piggy to finished product. If you've never butchered your own animal, the process is enlightening.

Chops are on the Traeger as I'm typing this. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180802_115558.jpeg 
Views:	195 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	243188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180802_140728.jpeg 
Views:	192 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	243189