Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    So you and buster are basically building old man forts to get away from girls?
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Life is a circle.

We live in a small house, so there's no guest accommodations and not much storage left. And yeah, sometimes it would be nice to retreat, but it's also just something I've wanted to do.

I really like bad dancers design, pretty much exactly what I've been penning out.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That's the house and the channel, thanks. The one I was watching was newer, it was a visit back to the house after 3-4 years.

edit: here's the one I was talking about
    That's a great house! I am sold on the low maintenance and adjustability of it, plus those shoulder rooms are really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    So you and buster are basically building old man forts to get away from girls?
    https://youtu.be/U-NbpfrMAgk

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That house is cool and I would 100% hire that contractor. I was especially sold when he talked about what he would do differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

I really like bad dancers design, pretty much exactly what I've been penning out.
    Gracias !!
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Off Grid Cabin Resources/Ideas/Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    We live in a small house, so there's no guest accommodations and not much storage left. And yeah, sometimes it would be nice to retreat, but it's also just something I've wanted to do.

I just did my own external office shed. 8x12. Will have a desk, stationary bike and futton in it. 60 amp service and 5 circuits. I’d definitely go bigger if I did it over. Shed was on sale and what we wanted looks wise though.

It makes a good hide away from the house.

Buster have you thought about Helical Piles instead of footers? It would save you time and digging. This video is for a deck but it could just as easily be a cabin. I'm sure there's downsides but I don't know enough to know what they are. I'm sure you could rent the machine, This is just a random video, I don't know anything about this company but it shows the concept.

No, I didn't really consider them.

I know a guy who used to rep for a tech like that, but his relationship with the company crashed.

I started to dig the trenches for the footers all around until I realized they weren't really necessary and would have cost a lot in terms of concrete, paid either by $ or back. Foggy recommended the sonotube which massively reduces both the amount of digging and amount of concrete I'd need. I am currently fairly parsimoniously inclined.

I have a bad habit of analysis paralysis, but I'll see if I can root up some cost for that tech.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Buster have you thought about Helical Piles instead of footers? It would save you time and digging. This video is for a deck but it could just as easily be a cabin. I'm sure there's downsides but I don't know enough to know what they are. I'm sure you could rent the machine, This is just a random video, I don't know anything about this company but it shows the concept.

Down the rabbit hole:. https://youtu.be/35d5TtYJf_g

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Down the rabbit hole:. https://youtu.be/35d5TtYJf_g
    Not enough duct tape.