Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst car

Team 1 gets the regular cop car?

Striker, what about a worst planes thread or do they kinda self select and not remain in the air long?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    I learned to drive a manual on a ‘80 Chevrolet citation. That was the worst car ive ever driven.
    I was going to post that one of my buddies had one of these in high school. That thing sucked.
    Name:  1981-Chevrolet-Citation-Front-Quarter-630x390.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  43.3 KB

Another buddy had one of these:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1024px-subaru-xt6.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	340658

Guess which one we all piled into despite the a large difference in leg room?

Edit to add 100+ Mph on a random narrow rolling paved road in the xT Coupe filled with 5 (some not so small) high school age boys was probably not smart. But it was fun!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    True, but the tacoma will still be running like a top in 20 years with 200000 miles on it. Just like the 3rd gen one...

sent from Utah.
    I have my doubts about the late model tacomas honestly, theres a lot of reports with that newer 3.5 engine having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    My daily driver is a 2003 taco with the 3.4L and manual transmission., approaching 300k on the odom. I prefer to drive it over the new ones. As AFKLS says, the new ones are cramped and feel underwhelming both on and off the highway. They are too new to report on their durability (and as rentals, they won't be here after December).
    1997 - 2015 tacomas = awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I fell out of love with mine and agree with most of that (it did great in snow with good tires though, it was the mixed conditions it really sucked at) but not sure it qualifies as worst.
    I guess in my mind "good in the snow" includes slushy melt freeze crap, standing water, etc. Mine did great in pure grippy dry snow with good tires and weight in the back.

I feel like the Tacoma nameplate is pretty legendary, and the 3rd gen doesn't live up to it.

I think we need to refocus. While a Gen 3 Tacoma might not be the best of of its breed, and quite frankly all the youth size pickups are pretty much useless for picking things up and I don't know why people buy them, I think it's nowhere near Chevy Citation class putridity.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I think we need to refocus. While a Gen 3 Tacoma might not be the best of of its breed, and quite frankly all the youth size pickups are pretty much useless for picking things up and I don't know why people buy them, I think it's nowhere near Chevy Citation class putridity.
    You clearly haven't owned one... the infotainment system would often not sync with my iPhone, and the GPS mapping software required you to enter the exact address of the location with often the wrong directions given. Unacceptable.

Because most people that buy Tacomas don't haul anything. They were just smart enough to buy a smaller truck than most that buy half-ton full size trucks.

When I had my Tacoma, I regular hauled two sportbikes in the bed and it did great. For the record, it was 2008 crew cab. I sold it for a Land Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Because most people that buy Tacomas don't haul anything. They were just smart enough to buy a smaller truck than most that buy half-ton full size trucks.

When I had my Tacoma, I regular hauled two sportbikes in the bed and it did great. For the record, it was 2008 crew cab. I sold it for a Land Cruiser.
    Sure but could you fit a full sheet of plywood? They have all the worst attributes of a full size pickup minus the space.

Back on track.

I think the Toyota FJ60 and FJ62 Land Cruiser is a terrible car. I have no idea why anyone would pay more than $5000 for one, other than nostalgia and status symbol.

(I mean stock ones, sure a full restomod with an LS v8 and 80 series axles/coil springs/brakes etc is cool... but mega $$$$.)

Hatchback SUVs have to top the worst of both worlds category.

2016 - -> is turd gen, I drive one.

engine and trans mgt is shit in the trucks, only saving grace is that I found a good tune and it is night and day in drivability. would have dumped by now if not so.

its a tool just like every other truck, this happens to fit in the garage and my dogs can be as wet and muddy as they want under the topper, was not so much fun in the 4runner. you can get quite a few sheets of plywood home, tailgate down, using support.

its no full size, that is for sure. exactly why i drive one.

To each his own, but for me, if I'm gonna deal with a pickup truck's shitty ride and sketchy rear in the snow and wet, it might as well be a full size. I rented a new Dodge Ram this spring for a 400 mi trip and it was pretty nice. Got 22 mpg on hwy with the 5.7 Hemi. Kinda shocked me.

To each his own, but for me, if I'm gonna deal with a pickup truck's shitty ride and sketchy rear in the snow and wet, it might as well be a full size. I rented a new Dodge Ram this spring for a 400 mi trip and it was pretty nice. Got 22 mpg on hwy with the 5.7 Hemi. Kinda shocked me.
    my Tacoma got 19mpg, and had to drop from 6th to 3rd gear on any hill. I towed a 4000lb enclosed trailer on I90 and got 9mpg, and could only go 60mph. Junk.

Exactly. Get a big one for that shit.

I can put a yeti and a pair of skis in the back and it doesnt affect the milage one bit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I can put a yeti and a pair of skis in the back and it doesnt affect the milage one bit
    But you're on metric system in Canada, I think it's different up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Hatchback SUVs have to top the worst of both worlds category.

This 1,000%.

Clarkson's take on the X6 when it came out is true of the entire segment today.

Every time I see another brand new e63 AMG version of the above I think about asking the driver the next time they feel like carelessly throwing money away if they wouldn't mind sending some to me as well.
    I still call it The Jake.

This thread is great! What pleasant distractions during my shifts as teachers' aid to 2 remotely educated kids. The memories of old, shitty rides.

We had the '89 Ford Taurus SHO Wagon. Five bikes and extra wheels on the roof for travel and a pace vehicle on speed workouts for my junior road cycle racing team made for some great times. Three transmissions and a new motor before 60k miles did not.

'78 Crowne Vic came to me in high school after that. GREAT CAR. There was never coersion in the back seat. Or the front seat. Stop the hate of the Crowne Vic.

I only spent 1 day in a Chevy Citation, so I can't speak to it's long term durability. But I was impressed with its short term physical stamina as well as the handling and low end torque thru the horse pastures that night. Either way, ugly AF.

In the mid to late 80's, my family of 4 drove from the midwest to Vail in a Renault. 35 mph in the mountains, making a terrible smell of sorts that didn't go well with the diesel fumes from the big rigs that slowly passed us on the left, janking up the whole damn highway. I-70 travelers know that car. Single handly causing a 2 hour delay on a Saturday morning. And it wasn't much better in the midwest.

Team 1 gets the regular cop car?
    Team 3 rides mopeds

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    But you're on metric system in Canada, I think it's different up there.

true but I'm so fucking old i convert everything back from the liters per 100 kms to MPG SO I can compare it to other cars which means something to me

and to complicate things you use them sissy american gallons while we use the imperial gallons

I remember working in a gas station where an American 4x4 enthusiast was SO happy his truck got the best milage eva but really it was just that we treated him like royalty and sold him the Imperial gallons eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Friends from high-school 3 brothers, their Dad ran an auto repair shop. They each got a car at 16, first one got a 71 Mustang convertible, second an early 80's Chevy shortbox the third got one of those Citation abominations. The joys of being he youngest child.

I learned to drive and took my license test in a 1980 Pontiac Phoenix hatchback, same car as the Citation. It wasn't really that bad, it had more than enough giddyup to get out of it's own way with the V6, was quiet and soft inside and got pretty good mpg for the day. I bet I'd have a different impression of it today.

Remember the Renault Fuego? Talk about a turd. It was right up there with the Mercury Monarch 4 door with the straight 6.

The worst car I owned was an S-10 Blazer, I think it was an '84. What a piece of shit. About a half-hour before the transmission fell out I was sitting at a light, it was idling fine, it wasn't smoking, it wasn't making any weird noises, and I thought, well, it's been a lot of work and cost way more than it should have, but FINALLY this thing is running decent. For half an hour I was pleased with that vehicle.

The worst car

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    We had the '89 Ford Taurus SHO Wagon. Five bikes and extra wheels on the roof for travel and a pace vehicle on speed workouts for my junior road cycle racing team made for some great times. Three transmissions and a new motor before 60k miles did not.
    Ha! Just came here to toe: ‘88 Ford Taurus...non-wagon, non-SHO. It was powder blue and the finish deteriorated so it looked like a matte finish.

After one too many repairs, it broke down at a stop light....I pushed it to the curb and walked home. Wonder what whoever did with it🤷🏻♂️.

It only had like 80 or 85k on it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The worst car I owned was an S-10 Blazer, I think it was an '84. What a piece of shit. About a half-hour before the transmission fell out I was sitting at a light, it was idling fine, it wasn't smoking, it wasn't making any weird noises, and I thought, well, it's been a lot of work and cost way more than it should have, but FINALLY this thing is running decent. For half an hour I was pleased with that vehicle.
    Oof.

Renault Alliance

Buddy in high school had one in the late 80’s / early 90’s. It was such a piece of shit.

One day we heard fire trucks at school, went out to the parking lot, and watched it become a “car-b-q”. He salvaged the hood ornament. Think he still has it to this day.