Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst car

I’ve had so many cars it becomes somewhat of a blur. I’d have to say the 74 Vega wagon may have been the shittiest build quality of anything I’d ever owned. 4 cyl 3 speed Manual what a colossal shit box. Parts would just fall off randomly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I had three versions of the Pinto, a wagon with wallpaper like fake wood, a version with a trunk, and a hatchback. How I never ended up in a ball of flames is still a mystery.

Not sure if should be in this thread or shit that amuses you, kinda amuses me on the similarities. Especially considering the business similarities. I’d imagine I’d have a good time having a beer/glass of cheap box wine with ya.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAEA80DF-E086-4551-9F71-A43C563174AD.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	340505

No love for the Gremlin?

Heathen.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I buy a lime green V8 Gremlin in a heartbeat. Price dependent

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Not sure if should be in this thread or shit that amuses you, kinda amuses me on the similarities. Especially considering the business similarities. I’d imagine I’d have a good time having a beer/glass of cheap box wine with ya.

Name:	DAEA80DF-E086-4551-9F71-A43C563174AD.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	340505
    Totally my man. Or make turns together.

After a few boxes of wine

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I must have replied to this thread previously, but just in case I'll add the biggest POS I ever drove - I give you the 1978 Datsun F10 fully outfitted with banana yellow paint and faux wood shelf liner paneling. I drove it for about a year in HS before it died.

Attachment 340445
    stock photo
    Awesome, brings back mememories. I learned to drive on a manual Datsun 710 wagon. POS but I had fun almost wrecking it a couple of times pushing it too hard. It died the day after my parents picked up a minivan. Minivans may suck but to a high school senior the ability to fit 6 friends and a beer ball was pretty sweet.

Dodge Shadow IME. Buddy had one in high school. What a total POS. 93 horses, 3 speed slushbox, and doors that didn't even clear the front fenders even when new. The few that are left out there, you'll always see the dent right in front of each door. Every time we'd open/close the doors, you'd hear the fender go 'POP' as the door slammed through it. Lousiest interior I've ever seen too. The 80s and 90s were such a low point for American cars. Haha.

I think the consensus is you could have just stopped at "Dodge".
    I still call it The Jake.

My worst car was easily a '79 Dodge Magnum. Handled like an aircraft carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I think the consensus is you could have just stopped at "Dodge".
    Agreed. Growing up, we also had a Dodge Caravan. Lord that thing was unreliable too. Broke down all the freaking time. It's been decades and I STILL have Dodge PTSD. I know they've improved a lot since then, but I still don't think I could ever quite bring myself to buy one.

the 3 spd auto was alright but the 4 spd auto would break ^^ cuz they were shit

and the replacement trannys were also shit so many people had multiple failures

I had planned on dumping it before the warranty was up, instead the ex wife got it and didnt get the memo
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Haven't read this whole thread, but has the Dodge Caliber been discussed? Or did we stop discussing Dodges because discussing Dodges in a worst car thread is an exercise in blatancy? Now keep in mind, this is the car that replaced the Neon and the PT Cruiser, two of the world's shittiest cars.

I turned up in Boston years ago and the rental car turned out to be a Dodge Caliber. I drove that up to Kingfield Maine. It had low miles but rattled like hell and the 150 hp or so in a steel Dodgebox going up a slight incline with two guys and gear meant we were getting passed by most cars probably mentioned in this thread.

Caliber is an apt name. The name provides no allegiance to any particular caliber or quality, it just is, and we get to decide its caliber. It's like naming a car the Dodge Accommodation. Which reminds me of the Dodge Omni - or "all things." My buddy had one in HS and it was indeed many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Haven't read this whole thread, but has the Dodge Caliber been discussed? Or did we stop discussing Dodges because discussing Dodges in a worst car thread is an exercise in blatancy? Now keep in mind, this is the car that replaced the Neon and the PT Cruiser, two of the world's shittiest cars.

I turned up in Boston years ago and the rental car turned out to be a Dodge Caliber. I drove that up to Kingfield Maine. It had low miles but rattled like hell and the 150 hp or so in a steel Dodgebox going up a slight incline with two guys and gear meant we were getting passed by most cars probably mentioned in this thread.

Caliber is an apt name. The name provides no allegiance to any particular caliber or quality, it just is, and we get to decide its caliber. It's like naming a car the Dodge Accommodation. Which reminds me of the Dodge Omni - or "all things." My buddy had one in HS and it was indeed many things.
    whenever i see one of those i puke a little
    27° 18°

In the vein of melted jelly bean-looking cars; have we mentioned the Chevy HHR? No?

That car was hot garbage. Not only was it an embarrassment of American engineering and ingenuity, the fact that GM thought that they needed a competing model to the PT Loser was insulting. I mean, the fuck! A PT Loser me-too car?! Vomit

I had one as a rental in southern Florida. It was rattle-box death trap with what seemed like two wheezy hamsters for an engine. Outright horrible.

And what in the cinnamon toast fuck was Cadillac thinking with this thing?

Name:	IMG_5252.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	1,016.2 KB 
ID:	340558

Personal Luxury, redefined.

75 Vega checking in.....

built a 327 out of a 68 vette, bored .60, double hump heads ported, turbo 350 with 2k stall, 10 bolt posi with I think was 2.92 gears?? that thing would smoke the tires all day long. cant believe i survived that 18 months.

body flex was a feature, not a defect.

The same thing they were thinking here?

Name:	Scan-2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	340561
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yuck. Looks like a Kiaundai. Or an Oldsmobuick. I'd rather crawl.

All this.

I believe that’s the Cadillac Peter Cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The same thing they were thinking here?

Name:	Scan-2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	340561
    And what an homage to the Cimarron it was.

Quote Originally Posted by fhw View Post
    an Oldsmobuick.
    Excellent Fletch reference.

Bricklin. Built by fishermen to get them off unemployment insurance. What could go wrong?

^^^ all the set up for the photo.... and it still winks at you.

That’s got to be a design feature.