Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst car

Confession...

I wouldn't mind owning a Chevy Avalanche.

or an 80s Camaro

The worst car

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post

Probably not the shittiest car ever, but I present the 1976 Impala for consideration. My dad bought one for $500 from a neighbor when I got my license in the late 90's. Let's just say it wasn't exactly a lady killer. But in the plus side, the trunk could fit 3-4 dead hookers.
    A roommate had one in college; we once crammed a rugby side (15 guys) into it for a bar run. That thing was awesome. We called it "The Impaler".
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 05-03-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That has Griswold written all over it.
    Pretty sure Clark's wagon had "Honky Lips" written all over it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ people, the worst car ever is the AMC Pacer.

That's a serious contender alright. I present to you the Renault Le Car. A buddy of mine had one, it was pretty fun to rally through the streets of Boston at night in but you really couldn't be seen in it in daylight.

The worst car

Definition of putting lipstick on a pig.

Cadillac Cimarron

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    A roommate had one in college; we once crammed a rugby side (15 guys) into it for a bar run. That thing was awesome. We called it "The Impaler".
    Shoulda just called it "Vlad" for short.

Damn. The Pontiac Lemans my buddy had was a fricken terd.

I always thought it was funny how close the name is to Lemon. It was.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    The building sign is perfect, Yeah, thinking I'm going to die in these seats.
    That's Sancho's in Denver. It's a live music bar with mostly jam/dead type bands, and a cool eclectic motif that belies its tavernesque exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That's a serious contender alright. I present to you the Renault Le Car. A buddy of mine had one, it was pretty fun to rally through the streets of Boston at night in but you really couldn't be seen in it in daylight.

I was working my way through the thread waiting for someone to mention Renaults. They were cheaper than shit in the 70s (wonder why) and front wheel drive so a few of my friends tried them as ski town cars. Disaster resulted.

I see the Renault and raise Peugeots. A friend of my mom's gave me one in the 70s because he couldn't sell it - after 20 minutes of driving the clutch started progressively slipping until it wouldn't go any more. It had four on the tree. My buddies and I had a blast destroying it the rest of the way. We seriously entertained the idea of setting it on fire and rolling it off the local sea cliffs, but...ecology or something.

ahem.
    let me just........ slow you all down a little, with your relatively speedy gremlins and LeCars and Yugos, as I pull in front of you, pitifully bogging down, coughing and sputtering climbing this gentle incline, attempting to hide behind a tiny black cloud, laying down the foul stench of failed engineering, perpetually leading a never-ending "parade of frustration" wherever I travel in The. Official. Worst. Car. Ever.....

the DIESEL fuckin CHEVETTE!

^^^ That's a pretty bad car. I didn't even know they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Attachment 205492
    biggest mistake bailing out GM
    GM=Guberment Motors. Complete shitboxes

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I was working my way through the thread waiting for someone to mention Renaults. They were cheaper than shit in the 70s (wonder why) and front wheel drive so a few of my friends tried them as ski town cars. Disaster resulted.

I see the Renault and raise Peugeots. A friend of my mom's gave me one in the 70s because he couldn't sell it - after 20 minutes of driving the clutch started progressively slipping until it wouldn't go any more. It had four on the tree. My buddies and I had a blast destroying it the rest of the way. We seriously entertained the idea of setting it on fire and rolling it off the local sea cliffs, but...ecology or something.
    win

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    ahem.
    let me just........ slow you all down a little, with your relatively speedy gremlins and LeCars and Yugos, as I pull in front of you, pitifully bogging down, coughing and sputtering climbing this gentle incline, attempting to hide behind a tiny black cloud, laying down the foul stench of failed engineering, perpetually leading a never-ending "parade of frustration" wherever I travel in The. Official. Worst. Car. Ever.....

double win
    Last edited by pisteoff; 05-03-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    ahem.

So my friend's older brother had one of these. One day after high school, we loaded like 10 of us in it and went to the lake for some good old fashioned cliff jumpin at lake Allatoona (Bmills might have heard of it). We actually made it to the lake and nobody died jumping off the cliffs. But on the way back, something caught fire under the front passenger seat and we all had to Chinese fire drill it outta there. It looked like a clown show, ten teenage dudes jumping out of a burning Chevette. If I remember correctly, a drive shaft bearing went bad and caught the whole thing on fire somehow. It literally burnt to the ground on the side of Hwy 92. That was the end of hearing his brother brag on and on about the 55 miles a gallon.

What was the car that would explode when rear ended due to some executive cutting out a $1 O ring on the gas tank?

Pinto.

Not sure about the o-ring but they were the rear-end explodemobiles.

My neighbors growing up went through a few of them. One of the kids pronounced it "leaker". They didn't learn after the first one.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I thought I owned the worst car ever made a 76 mustard yellow 4 dr. Plymouth Volare with a white vinyl top. I bought it in the eighties for short money a virtually no miles on it. Worst thing about it was it was too ugly to die. It started to rot the day after I bought it. The fenders were replaced in a recall and I was almost too embaresed by the way it looked to get it done. The best thing about it was the mopar 318 under the hood ( which resulted in me going through 3 rear ends, quality engineering right there.)

Anyway I thought I had the worst car ever to leave Detriot until my wife came home with a 78 Dodge Omni. Words cannot describe.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

The Chevy Citation was voted the least likely car to be stolen.

Pinto.
    I'd drive the shit out of a V8 Pinto.

No discusson of woodys can be complete without mention of the Family Truckster..

thank goodness that in the couple hours I have been gone someone has mentioned the Le Car

My parents friend had one and they called it le merde.
    it was also awesome bc I was at the age where swearing was a cool novelty so being able to say merde was pretty sweet
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    crown victoria and worst car ever should never be in the same sentence.
    Yeah, if you can't have fun with a V8 and rwd there's something wrong w/ you.

Had a 78 Olds Cutlass in college. Endless donuts and power slides through the field house parking lot every time it snowed. Plus it easily fit 2 kegs in the trunk.

The worst car

It's not just the performance, it's the luxury. Used to drive this thing between Seattle and South Bay a few times a year, lounging on the front velour bench seat comfortably at a top speed of 66 mph...48 past Shasta.