Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst car

I remember an uncle had this unbelievable shitbox when I was really young. He was constantly under the hood or trying to figure out why it wasn't running despite owning it from new, yet he felt extremely comfortable ridiculing my dad for his preference for European cars.

A four door Chevy Citation. What kind of life is that?
    I still call it The Jake.

^ that was my exact first car. color and all. Got it from mom as a college softmore 1984-ish and I have no idea how it did for them, but when I got it, it mysteriously developed "vapor lock" after bout 3 months. It would just random cut off, it would have to cool for about 3 hours before it would start again. Boy do I have memories of getting stoned in that thing. apogee bong. Had a do-dah man on the back. been looking forever for that sticker again. Wait what were we talking about? where did i put my beer
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Crown Vics go hundreds of thousands of miles as police cars and taxis. Definitely not the worst car.
    Hey, we're talking image here. I'd take a LeBaron with a rag top over a Crown Vic any day.

Now if we're talking about serious pieces of junk--I had a 73 Pinto. The one with the exploding gas tank (although actual statistics show that the Pinto was no more dangerous than any other comparable car of the era. Same could be said about the Corvair that made Ralph Nader's name.) That POS took both metric and English tools to do a simple tune up and the tranny died at 80K.

I paid $50 for a Datsun B210 in high school. What a piece of shit.

Can't believe we're three pages in and no Aztek.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I remember an uncle had this unbelievable shitbox when I was really young. He was constantly under the hood or trying to figure out why it wasn't running despite owning it from new, yet he felt extremely comfortable ridiculing my dad for his preference for European cars.

A four door Chevy Citation. What kind of life is that?
    My friend had a Citation. I liked the vertically mounted radio.

What was that about the Aztek?
    Last edited by pisteoff; 05-03-2017 at 02:14 PM.

I grew up in Lansing, Michigan so there were a lot of rusty POS GM cars around when I was a kid. I remember there was some kind of design flaw in a couple model years of the Olds Cutlass that caused the rear bumper to rust through and fall off. Many people fixed this by bolting a wooden bumper onto the car after the original bumper had rusted off. Classy.

Crown Vics go hundreds of thousands of miles as police cars and taxis. Definitely not the worst car.
    It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Can't believe we're three pages in and no Aztek.

Haven't you heard? Hipsters love these things.

Nothing can up your ironic cred than rolling around in GM's biggest parts-bin-suv-on-a-Malibu-chassis failure that was designed by a two man team of a blind guy and a toddler with an etch-a-sketch.

In the mid 70's - 80's the US auto industry was like a giant rotten fish. I can't believe pieces of shit like Trans-Ams are selling for 70K+ on Mecum these days. For that era it was all stench, just pick your level of stench.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I saw it move this year...sorta. Sitting on one of the Eastbound Idaho Springs exit ramps, hood open, getting wrenched on.
    Shitbox barely made it 10 miles, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    In the mid 70's - 80's the US auto industry was like a giant rotten fish. I can't believe pieces of shit like Trans-Ams are selling for 70K+ on Mecum these days. For that era it was all stench, just pick your level of stench.

I prefer the Tawny Kitaen Trans Am combo but I can see the appeal there.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I prefer the Tawny Kitaen Trans Am combo but I can see the appeal there.
    You're into clowns?

NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
    Fix the cigarette lighter.

(and that was a Dodge Monaco, probably a bigger POS than a Ford Crown Vic.)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The worst car ever has to be the Crown Vic. Who wants to drive around in a cop car? The squarest car ever made.
    You were doing it wrong.

My nephew ran a Vic on Nitrous for a few years to take his posse on night time road rallies. He moved on to race in the Chump Car Endurance series and rents out his SCCA race car and crew to guys with more money than time so they can get laps in at Watkins Glen.

Shameless plug

http://rediimports.com/services.php
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Probably not the shittiest car ever, but I present the 1976 Impala for consideration. My dad bought one for $500 from a neighbor when I got my license in the late 90's. Let's just say it wasn't exactly a lady killer. But in the plus side, the trunk could fit 3-4 dead hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Let's just say it wasn't exactly a lady killer. But in the plus side, the trunk could fit 3-4 dead hookers.
    So... dead male hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^ we had the capri classic version of that. 1976 kinda beige color. Fuckin thing was massive. Remember when we got it i could stretch out under the back glass and go to sleep, guess I was about 12. Traded it for the citation but not before I took a right a bit to close and destroyed the side against a telephone pole on my way to a kegger jr hr HS xmas. To your point I remember fitting a massive chest-of-drawers in the trunk and shutting it no problem.
    "Can't you see..."

crown victoria and worst car ever should never be in the same sentence.

I rented a rent-a-wreck ex cop car to go to revelstoke from kelowna, the alternator light went on so eventualy I was just running on battery which made for non existent headlights in the the dark so I didn't see the freeway divider which I drove over with my foot in the gas ... what a suprise but no damage cuz it was all heavy duty !

So there are cars which were always pieces of shit like the K-car or the Vega and there are cars which were good but pieces of shit because it was a piece of shit by the time you bought it ... so what does that say about you?

the front end literally fell off of the very 1st vega on the test track
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Buick Roadmaster wagon was pretty impressive.

Jesus fucking Christ people, the worst car ever is the AMC Pacer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    The building sign is perfect, Yeah, thinking I'm going to die in these seats.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The Buick Roadmaster wagon was pretty impressive.
    That has Griswold written all over it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy