Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst car

Gullwing doors are automatic exclusion from the worst car list.

Your user name just reminded me of this 80's POS from Maserati.

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  342.2 KB

and this
    Name:  Biturbo1.JPG
Views: 872
Size:  61.9 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Worse was the Chrysler TC "by Maserati."
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I know this might be sacrilege, but the 3rd Gen Tacoma I owned for a little while was a huge pile of shit. Gutless, uncomfortable, couldn't haul anything, no tow capacity, not great in the snow, small interior but big on the outside...

Growing up we had a dodge caravan my parents named "old smokey". It burnt oil like a mofo, especially on hills, lol. Finally died in a bank drive-through line with a huge amount of smoke, think the motor finally went.

And despite the huge premium that everyone is willing to pay for them, Astro vans were garbage too. Travelled quite a bit in one as a sales rep. Bad gas mileage, no power, really awful amount of leg room. I cringe to think what would happen to your tib/fib in a diagonal head-on collision in one of those death traps.

There's just something special about Italian design done even more half-assed.

Double points for when its a collaboration with an American car company.

Searching for something else today I came across this confused pile of useless shit. I bet they sold thousands though just off the headlights alone.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Searching for something else today I came across this confused pile of useless shit. I bet they sold thousands though just off the headlights alone.

The Compass was based on the Dodge Caliber, which was based on the Neon. So it has a long family history of shittiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I’ve had so many cars it becomes somewhat of a blur. I’d have to say the 74 Vega wagon may have been the shittiest build quality of anything I’d ever owned. 4 cyl 3 speed Manual what a colossal shit box. Parts would just fall off randomly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    All years and styles of the Vega are contenders for worst car ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Your user name just reminded me of this 80's POS from Maserati.

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  342.2 KB

and this
    Name:  Biturbo1.JPG
Views: 872
Size:  61.9 KB
    I'm guessing it won't do 185?

I learned to drive a manual on a ‘80 Chevrolet citation. That was the worst car ive ever driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    And what in the cinnamon toast fuck was Cadillac thinking with this thing?

Attachment 340558

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Cinnamon Toast fuck?! That slayed me. Well done.

For real though, what was there tag line in the ads? The Caddy that zigs? Or some shit like that?

Meant to be a competitor the smaller German performance sedans... lulz

The same thing they were thinking here?
    Attachment 340561
    Ha! My grandmother had a white one over some gross-ass burgundy interior. Junk.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^ all the set up for the photo.... and it still winks at you.
    That's some quality construction right there

Oh, they did, which is sad. Further, they made the same car, only syled differently in the Patrior. Legend goes that the Compass tested well with females and the Patriot with males, so Jeep made both.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I know this might be sacrilege, but the 3rd Gen Tacoma I owned for a little while was a huge pile of shit. Gutless, uncomfortable, couldn't haul anything, no tow capacity, not great in the snow, small interior but big on the outside...
    I'm not up on my Tacoma generations. Which years was the third gen?

I had a 2008 that I found quite competent.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The Compass was based on the Dodge Caliber, which was based on the Neon. So it has a long family history of shittiness.
    An exercise in badgineering hot garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'm not up on my Tacoma generations. Which years was the third gen?

I had a 2008 that I found quite competent.
    2019, basically a camry with a XL trunk

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

Growing up we had a dodge caravan my parents named "old smokey". It burnt oil like a mofo, especially on hills, lol. Finally died in a bank drive-through line with a huge amount of smoke, think the motor finally went.

And despite the huge premium that everyone is willing to pay for them, Astro vans were garbage too. Travelled quite a bit in one as a sales rep. Bad gas mileage, no power, really awful amount of leg room. I cringe to think what would happen to your tib/fib in a diagonal head-on collision in one of those death traps.
    We've got 2 rental 'limited' 2020 tacoma crewcabs, and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment.
    The new 2020 3/4ton chevy crewcab with the new 6.6L steel bigblock just assigned to me on the other hand.... hot diggity! If it proves out over the year, I will be sorely tempted to trade in my '15 1/2ton for a one year old 6.6L in 2021 or '22

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Thing spent so much time in the shop the cylinders holding up the hood had to be replaced.
    ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    We've got 2 rental 'limited' 2020 tacoma crewcabs, and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment.
    True, but the tacoma will still be running like a top in 20 years with 200000 miles on it. Just like the 3rd gen one...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    True, but the tacoma will still be running like a top in 20 years with 200000 miles on it. Just like the 3rd gen one...

sent from Utah.
    My daily driver is a 2003 taco with the 3.4L and manual transmission., approaching 300k on the odom. I prefer to drive it over the new ones. As AFKLS says, the new ones are cramped and feel underwhelming both on and off the highway. They are too new to report on their durability (and as rentals, they won't be here after December).

I fell out of love with mine and agree with most of that (it did great in snow with good tires though, it was the mixed conditions it really sucked at) but not sure it qualifies as worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I fell out of love with mine and agree with most of that (it did great in snow with good tires though, it was the mixed conditions it really sucked at) but not sure it qualifies as worst.
    Surely you can come up with an example or two from your homeland?

Maybe something made in the Midlands?

I've been waiting for Wooley to chime in and mention something from the brass era.

Surely you can come up with an example or two from your homeland?

I don't know much about Australian cars, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Yes. Pretty much all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I've been waiting for Wooley to chime in and mention something from the brass era.

I don't know much about Australian cars, I'd be interested in hearing about them.
    I thought when Wooley wasn't traveling by canal packet he preferred the convenience of a mule-powered wagon.

No clue which was the worst back then though.

This police blotter headline caught my eye today:

Woman Bats Cleanup on Acquaintance's Car

Disturbance: Emery Road

A caller reported around 10 a.m. on Sept. 14 that a man and woman were arguing from their cars when she got out and started beating his car -- possibly a Chrysler 300 -- with a baseball bat. She then got back into her car and the two drove off separately and in the same direction, heading west on Miles Road from Lander.

Neighboring departments were notified and the cars were pulled over by North Randall police about 10 minutes later at Northfield Road. An officer spoke with both parties -- the man had a protection order in effect against him, but not necessarily involving this woman -- and neither wanted to press charges, so they were released.
    The Chrysler hate is real.

^^^^ Never argue with crazy. Just fuck and run.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The Chrysler hate is real.
    "Later when police questioned the couple, they were told she was just banging on the starter to get the car to turn over after it stalled at an intersection on Emery Rd."

Name:  bpc.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  61.7 KB