Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Right now the park city 4 pack is $320. That's a steal, but I'm not a Utah resident which it says it requires. It let me all the way to checkout without verifying. Anyone had experience with that pass or having to show proof of residency?

That's a steal?! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    That's a steal?! Wow.
    its like a free day in reality. Thats pretty good though...$100 is $100.

Park city is basically boring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    its like a free day in reality. Thats pretty good though...$100 is $100.

Park city is basically boring though.
    Just a lot more than other 4 paks I know about (Copper, Loveland). And yeah, Park City is zzzzz.

Just a lot more than other 4 paks I know about (Copper, Loveland). And yeah, Park City is zzzzz.
    yep I think its a ton of cash for that particular resort, but to each their own. Park City serves a specific segment of the ski populace. Typically 5-10 day a year skiers. The towns nice for tourists. Typical "vail" resort.

Quote Originally Posted by RMacSki View Post
    Right now the park city 4 pack is $320. That's a steal, but I'm not a Utah resident which it says it requires. It let me all the way to checkout without verifying. Anyone had experience with that pass or having to show proof of residency?
    Wow! Thanks, but I'll take my $219 weekdays only season pass at A-basin.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I love reading uneducated speculation... highly entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Wow! Thanks, but I'll take my $219 weekdays only season pass at A-basin.

... Thom
    Could be the best deal out there.

MaxPass for me this year. Two weeks out west and a bunch in the east. Lets me go where the snow is...

I'm not thrilled to ski PC either, but it's a family trip. I'll take a day or 2 to go off to Alta or Soli but I can't ditch the fam all week. So thanks for your math on A basin. My question is about getting the cheapest PC lifties possible.

Again - kudos for having cheaper tickets to a completely unrelated mountain.
    Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

I'm not thrilled to ski PC either, but it's a family trip. I'll take a day or 2 to go off to Alta or Soli but I can't ditch the fam all week. So thanks for your math on A basin. My question is about getting the cheapest PC lifties possible.

Hey even though it's not great you can sure go on a ski vacation worse places than park city. Side trips would help too.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Epic Vailure - why would you buy an epic pass???

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Late to the conversation, but if teh Global Warmingz don't fuck everything up in the next 3-5 years, we will likely live down the road from SLT and being that I love to ski Kirkwood, well , what is a jong going to do?
    We have a kw only pass. No blackout. Same price as tahoe local. But if I lived in SLT I'd likely get the tahoe value. Heavenly ain't bad when it is right out the door. Just no Saturdays at kw. I think you are talking retirement so that is 6 days a week at kw if you want.but still hoping Vail sells kw to some rich mom and pop operation. Those guys suck. Expect to stop skiing lift served in early April with 15' of base at the kw parking lot.

Just surprised how much they charge for a 4 pack.

PC will be fun, can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    We have a kw only pass. No blackout. Same price as tahoe local. But if I lived in SLT I'd likely get the tahoe value. Heavenly ain't bad when it is right out the door. Just no Saturdays at kw. I think you are talking retirement so that is 6 days a week at kw if you want.but still hoping Vail sells kw to some rich mom and pop operation. Those guys suck. Expect to stop skiing lift served in early April with 15' of base at the kw parking lot.
    Regardless of who owns a resort, if the paying public stops showing up in early April why would any operation stay open, only to loose money?

Could be the best deal out there.
    I don't know. The early 320 all week pass with three Taos days seems to be better, ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Regardless of who owns a resort, if the paying public stops showing up in early April why would any operation stay open, only to loose money?
    You've spent a lot of time skiing KW in April and May? So you are talking from experience? Or just trust that Vail would not lie to you?

Its because it holds snow top to bottom when most resorts are mountain biking. Weekends only would be nice. In any case, quite a few people showed up on July 4th weekend in 2011 even thought you had to carry your skis on the lift...ahh the memories.

I love how there's a 666 stoke-filled edit for every occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I love how there's a 666 stoke-filled edit for every occasion.
    I'm here to help...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    You've spent a lot of time skiing KW in April and May? So you are talking from experience? Or just trust that Vail would not lie to you?
    I have spent a lot of time skiing in British Columbia where all of the ski resorts in the B.C. interior close down in early or mid April due to lack of skiers, not lack of snow. Everyone goes golfing, biking or whatever and the ski resorts become ghost towns.

A couple of seasons ago I went to Whistler in mid May. There was tons of snow, you could ski into the village but Whistler was closed and there were barely enough skiers to keep Blackcomb open. Some black runs and some lifts were closed.

I've been out of this place for so long that I must be a JONG again by now.

That said: having a girlfriend who loves travelling (we're based in Europe) resulted in us buying Epic passes to ski at Vail over Christmas / New Year (yep I know it will be crowded, but less so than major European resorts, I hope). Staying in Eagle as Vail prices are ridiculous.

So now I'm embracing the sunk cost fallacy and considering skiing again in North America at Easter to make use of the pass.

Where to go? Whistler?
    You really need to stop knowing WTF you're talking about. (Tippster)

Quote Originally Posted by horizon View Post
    I've been out of this place for so long that I must be a JONG again by now.

That said: having a girlfriend who loves travelling (we're based in Europe) resulted in us buying Epic passes to ski at Vail over Christmas / New Year (yep I know it will be crowded, but less so than major European resorts, I hope). Staying in Eagle as Vail prices are ridiculous.

So now I'm embracing the sunk cost fallacy and considering skiing again in North America at Easter to make use of the pass.

Where to go? Whistler?
    IMO April is the best month to ski Whistler. Both mountains are still open, the crowds are gone, everything in the village is on sale, best chance of getting sunshine.

I concur. Whistler's by far the best of the Epic Mountains.

Staying in Eagle, just use the Arrowhead portal at Beaver Creek on the busiest days and it shouldn't be too crowded.

IMO April is the best month to ski Whistler. Both mountains are still open, the crowds are gone, everything in the village is on sale, best chance of getting sunshine.
    I concur. I've been up there in April and early May, with both mountains open. Great winter snow in the alpine, transitional mid mountain and spring on the lower mountain.

I recall skiing fresh powder one morning in the alpine and basically waterskiing the last 1000' vertical back to the lodge at day's end. Good times.