Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

2017 World Cup DH

I'm sick of Damian's wheel size diarrhea. Let's talk about something more interesting.

Looks like the Lourdes track is getting rougher and gnarlier every year. Should be a good race. I'm betting on Bruni for the first round, but it'll be interesting to see who's up to speed already. I bet Hart was training harder than most over the winter.

And lots of team changes this year. I wonder how everyone's getting along with their new bikes - I bet some guys are still working on setup. But I'm thinking Vergier is going to have a good season.

I don't have any predictions, but I am definitely excited that things are back in action. Hoping for some close times to keep the suspense up on race day.

I'm looking at a tight battle between Loic, Troy and Danny.
    I think Minnaar will do as well as ever, all the Americans will be inconsistent with moments of success and Mick will podium World Champs but won't win. Again.
    However many are in a shit ton.

So many spoilers too. Greenland, brannigan, Remi, moir, Lori's, shaw and a few more in probabl forgetting

Santa Cruz, 1, 3, and 6 in qualies. Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Santa Cruz, 1, 3, and 6 in qualies. Hmmmm...

And all under completely unknown, relatively second-tier riders who have never been on a podium.

Loris damn near won one of these things last year and luca got his first podium. That's a lot of off season motivation.

I don't care what they're riding, I'll be jumping out of my lazy boy if luca gets a top 3.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

No other sporting event gets me remotely as excited as WC DH.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    And all under completely unknown, relatively second-tier riders who have never been on a podium.

Loris damn near won one of these things last year and luca got his first podium. That's a lot of off season motivation.

I don't care what they're riding, I'll be jumping out of my lazy boy if luca gets a top 3.
    Yeah, Loris and Luca both figured out how to go fast last season. Should make this season really interesting. The field of guys that are legitimate contenders for the podium is pretty big this year.

But still. Any one of the SC guys putting in a good time isn't too surprising. But all three SC guys going that fast? Just sayin...

Bike aside, it seems like they might be a tough team to beat this year.

I'm as stoked to see the runners up who seem to be chomping at the bit to steal a podium from the obvious crew.
    Kerr, Bulldog, Remi, Brendog, Gee, Blenki, Greenland. This looks to be an exciting season.

I know it's a dumb question, but I tuned out of all the new-rules part of the off season. Are they taking top 60 or top 80 qualifiers? Mick Hannah at #78 is a bit worrisome.

I cant wait to tune in tomorrow early, love this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I'm as stoked to see the runners up who seem to be chomping at the bit to steal a podium from the obvious crew.
    Kerr, Bulldog, Remi, Brendog, Gee, Blenki, Greenland. This looks to be an exciting season.

I know it's a dumb question, but I tuned out of all the new-rules part of the off season. Are they taking top 60 or top 80 qualifiers? Mick Hannah at #78 is a bit worrisome.
    I think it's still 60. Which double sucks with e jackson in 61.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I was thinking top 80. Not sure at all.
    Great to see bulldog back in the mix. Top 20 could possibly get on the box. Top 4 separated by 2/3 of a second. Looks like that bottom section took out a few people

No protection from 2016?

That was anti-climatic....

Wallace on the #2 box is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Wallace on the #2 box is awesome.
    Totally, especially since Stevie was on the same spot a year ago-

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    That was anti-climatic....
    Yeah, no kidding. Hopefully Gwin and Hart didn't end up with any real injuries from their crashes. Hart was a little slow to get back on the bike but I think (hope) it was just a case of having trouble getting untangled.

I think I'm more upset than the racers. Seemed like water off a ducks back for a lot of them. "Oh well, moving on". I wish they had a fair chance. Was shaping up for some crazy good runs. Fairclough launching that rock on a flat was rad though

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. Hopefully Gwin and Hart didn't end up with any real injuries from their crashes. Hart was a little slow to get back on the bike but I think (hope) it was just a case of having trouble getting untangled.
    Hey... it's tough getting untangled from your bike when you've got balls that big.

Pretty funny to see Rachel say she'd like someone to beat her so the pressure of the streak can end. So many parallels between her and Shiffrin.

Kind of a shit race, but might make the overall points battle a little more interesting. At least for now, Wallace, Fearon, and Gee got some decent points while the favorites are way down the ladder.

And I bet by Fort Bill, Trek will have their 29er up and running.

Brendan's run was awesome. Loved when he tossed the leg out and everyone' like "what the fuck is going on!". Not sure if his salvaged time says more about Brendog or about ProCore. Probably both!

I was waiting anxiously for the Red Car Rocket to pull it off again. I seriously convinced myself that he'd throw down, and actually thought he looked fast until that first split betrayed my hopes. Fuck that race. When you can't see their number plate in the start hut .............

Ironically, I got the two things I hoped for: Gwin didn't win and a 29er didn't win.

Seems like the worst thing Tahnee can do is beat Rachel in qalis. I think it psyches Tahnee out and makes Rachel mad. Really mad. She's such a beast, the only way to stop her is with a surprise attack.

I hope it rains at Fort Bill. I hope it snows. Just enough that they don't pull that modified quali partial trail thing. Let it start early in the week and continue on through the race. I'm already getting the popcorn ready.

They need to open up the scheduling a bit..... Move up the start time a few hours or be prepared to have an extra day in the schedule.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    They need to open up the scheduling a bit..... Move up the start time a few hours or be prepared to have an extra day in the schedule.
    Loic was pissed with the scheduling. They had a 1 hour gap between men and women. They should have pushed up the start times to avoid the forecasted storm.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Rachel is basically a dude with a snatch. She rips too hard.

And I am still in love with Tracey.