Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

2017 World Cup DH

However many are in a shit ton.

It's a 3 man race. Even if Minnaar, Gwin & Troy don't go to Italy, Danny still can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    So, if Gwin wins and Minaar places 2nd, Gwin would barely win the overall. However, this does not take into account qualifying points.
    This is particularly noteworthy since minnaar got disqualified at Mont st Anne. Even if he'd finished out his run in 70th or whatever, that could have given him enough points to have a buffer at Val Di Sole.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Minaar was visibly upset when asked about the dq:.. fun to have one come down to the wire... bummer 1/2 of its b/c of late flats and westher
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Hard to imagine he spent 30 seconds walking back uphill only to enter below where he went out.
    Last time he was this mad was when he hit his head in the starting gate. Safe to say Minnaar fucking hates the UCI.

Qualis are in. I'm going bonkers here! Fack Meh!

New Totals:
    Minnaar: 932 + 40 = 972 (Ahead of Gwin by 23 pts)
    Gwin: 899 + 50 = 949 (Ahead of Troy by 69 pts)
    Brosnan: 855 + 25 = 880 (Needs 93 pt margin to beat Minnaar, 70 pt margin to beat Gwin)

If any of these guys are one position away from each other, the math will be simple. Any other combination and it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. So many scenarios to play out.
    Last edited by jm2e; 08-25-2017 at 10:48 AM.

I'm kinda rooting for Bruni to win just to shake up the Minnaar / Gwin battle.

So many black horses
    Hart, Greenland, Bruni, Vergier, Moir, pierron, shaw could do some damage if the big uns have the slightest issue. Still going with my pre season prediction of Minnaar for the overall

Holy shit! May have rattled my prediction. Might have needed more fork offset or is it less?

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/greg-min...-cup-2017.html

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Holy shit! May have rattled my prediction. Might have needed more fork offset or is it less?

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/greg-min...-cup-2017.html
    No way, that guy's a robot. Went up and pretty much matched first place qualifier time right after that happened. Never count that dude out unless he's got a limb dangling from some shredded tendons. Even then.......
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    No way, that guy's a robot. Went up and pretty much matched first place qualifier time right after that happened. Never count that dude out unless he's got a limb dangling from some shredded tendons. Even then.......
    Haaa I hope so. Like to see them all smash their best and see who the victor is. Won't happen but I'd like to see Blenki take it. Anyone that can ride that loose and with that much style top to bottom has my full approval

First Real Pick - Minnaar
    Dark Horse Pick - Shark Attack Jack

I'm just really glad some brand new 29er product didn't negatively affect the outcome of this race and hence, the overall for the year.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I'm just really glad some brand new 29er product didn't negatively affect the outcome of this race and hence, the overall for the year.

I was pretty impressed how long that bare rim lasted. Not to mention riding that steep, rocky shit on a bare rim. That guy is definitely a robot.

Gwin's a class act. Props to him. Dood is game to battle

just got to finally watch the finals- I'm all amped up now. Gwin charged that last run so hard I was even a little worried for him

was minaar on enve wheels? that thing stood up way longer than I thot it would!
    skid luxury

It's a Minnaster!

That's definitely the hardest I've ever laughed watching bike racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's a Minnaster!

That's definitely the hardest I've ever laughed watching bike racing.

I miss the days when such greatness would flow regularly from drunkwarner's face like wine at a bacchanalian orgy.

Monday Morning Quarterback time:
    This wasn't Lenzerheide; based on the first split Minnaar and Gwin were pretty darn close. And by all reports, Minnaar was crushing the course in the lead up.
    If that tire had held up, how would it have played out?

Also, I'm pretty sure that's a trail tire Minnaar was riding. Wire bead wouldn't have tangled up so much. Hubris? Gamble that didn't pay off?

Minnaar usually looks ridiculously smooth - like he isn't even trying. But for the first part of the course before his tire blew, he didn't look smooth at all. It looked like he was pushing super hard and smashing through things. And that was fast, but he was doing a number on his tires and wheels. I don't care what equipment he's riding - nothing is going to hold up to that sort of punishment on a track like VDS.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Monday Morning Quarterback time:
    This wasn't Lenzerheide; based on the first split Minnaar and Gwin were pretty darn close. And by all reports, Minnaar was crushing the course in the lead up.
    If that tire had held up, how would it have played out?

Also, I'm pretty sure that's a trail tire Minnaar was riding. Wire bead wouldn't have tangled up so much. Hubris? Gamble that didn't pay off?
    Maxxis has been making their 29" dh tires with aramid/Kevlar/whatever beads. I guess these new shit treads are the same.

Stoked for Gwin, gutted for Minnaar.
    Pierron's run though, holy shit that was fun to watch.

Maxxis has been making their 29" dh tires with aramid/Kevlar/whatever beads. I guess these new shit treads are the same.
    Some quick work with snippers looks like it'd make the new design petty decent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If Minaar finished that would have been a nail biter.

It almost was knowing Aaron was pinning it and has already had bad luck putting holes into tires this season.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yea, I was thinking 25% chance that he would blow up on that run. Then it would have been really interesting to do the math on 2 guys either finishing in the 70s or one DNF, with Troy on the podium. Who would have thought to work out that math!