Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Sharp looking bike. Info?

27.5 IS TOAST!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bergam...-cup-2017.html

They would rather put on the big wheels with a bunch of crappy parts (MTX33 rims? Dorado? Serious?) on a frame with no tire clearance....vs. running a properly setup bike.

they use those parts for 27.5 too
    bumps are for poor people

Mach 5.5, HD4, Firebird, Nomad all released this spring and all 27.5. Not dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Mach 5.5, HD4, Firebird, Nomad all released this spring and all 27.5. Not dead yet.
    Their resale value will be 75% of MSRP by the fall of this year.

And thats news? Most bikes except high end cross country bikes are selling at 50% after a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Sharp looking bike. Info?
    No doubt you've heard of Cook Bros BMX? They revived the cruiser for their 25th anniversary in a 29" which is pictured above. This is the original version I owned a few years back.

Name:  IMG_0279.JPG
Views: 1466
Size:  31.5 KB

I've only just poked my nose in on sprocket rockets. Fuck me Damian Sanders you're a boring cunt
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

https://dirtysixer.com ::: 36 inches, bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    Their resale value will be 75% of MSRP by the fall of this year.
    75% of MSRP seems pretty good for a high-end MTB with a solid season on it. Am I missing something?

I called it - 27.5" is going to DIE.

I've got two sets of 26" wheels that are super mint that I'm trying to sell. One is. 150x12/20 and other is 142x12/20or15 and I think I have the listed below the price of the hubs at this point. Bet if they were 27.5 they'd be long gone. Be sweet to sell the 150/20 set and throw in 2extra mint 823's for a couple extra bucks, then I'd build up the 142/15's with some 27.5 carboners. Anyone need some super mint 26" dh wheels? Can make a wheelie good mag deal with Those extra rims and pretty much fresh tires. Perfect shape, very few days 150ringle demon rear/mavic 823 front ringle abbah(few yrs old but few days on new bearings)/mavic 729, 2 mavic 823's with a year on them with no issues, 2 Michelin wr2's (my fave tires evvvaar) and a schwalbe rock razor w dh casing(awesome on the rear for bike park jump trails). 275usd plus ship for all that

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Hey, that pisses ME off.
    Give it a chance. You'll never miss the extra chain ring. All that finicky derailer alignment bullshit gone. One in the front and a host of options in the back. simple and it works.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    Give it a chance. You'll never miss the extra chain ring. All that finicky derailer alignment bullshit gone. One in the front and a host of options in the back. simple and it works.
    You must either be very strong or don't live where there is a lot of vertical relief.

And if you cannot figure out that "finicky derailer alignment bullshit" then you need a bike Mechanic or should just get a single speed.

Quote Originally Posted by tom tuttle from tacoma washington View Post
    <snip>
    And if you cannot figure out that "finicky derailer alignment bullshit" then you need a bike Mechanic or should just get a single speed.
    Yeah - I've got 99 problems, but a front derailleur has NEVER been one of them. Front derailleurs, in my vast bike-riding experience, have always just worked.

It's not the function of a front derailleur that makes it suck, it's the inability to keep a chain on when things get rowdy. Dual guides have never worked as well.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It's not the function of a front derailleur that makes it suck, it's the inability to keep a chain on when things get rowdy. Dual guides have never worked as well.
    Yeah, this.

I was kicking a chain at least once per ride with 2x10, with a chainguide, and my shit adjusted pretty close to correctly. I stopped using my big ring entirely. Haven't dropped a single chain since I went 1x.

Widerange cassettes mean you don't have to give up much (if anything) on gearing range.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    <snip>
    Widerange cassettes mean you don't have to give up much (if anything) on gearing range.
    Maybe if you're young and fit.

Even then... you're always gonna give up *something* on the top-end. Not that anyone really gives a shit about that, though.

Though the chain-dropping shit is a pretty decent reason. I've just gotten used to it over the last 476 years.

I was fortunate to break a chain right near the top of Burro Pass on TWE - and the descent to the lake was soooo nice and quiet and drop-free. I'm convinced the next big thing will be some sort of "chain dropper."
    Last edited by skaredshtles; 06-16-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    yup this^^ since going single I got half a doz rides on 1x11 narrow wide and I haven't dropped a chain yet but my legs still suck (at least for the bluff in smithers ) so I'm gona drop a couple teeth ... got an oval 28T absolute black coming
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-16-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by tom tuttle from tacoma washington View Post
    You must either be very strong or don't live where there is a lot of vertical relief.

Is this really still even a "debate"? Yea, I get it, you like your retro dying 2x drivetrain. FDs and Left shifters are wicked cheap these days, gotta be nice. So happy for you. I'm happy with my 1x drivetrain. It makes me happy. There were things about 2x that made me unhappy. We could probably still hang out as long as we both agree not to be dicks about it.
    However many are in a shit ton.

if anyone needs any front derailleurs hit me up. I've got quite a few. Not kidding.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

^^^Zactly. No need.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'll cover the shifters . Come get m

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Is this really still even a "debate"? Yea, I get it, you like your retro dying 2x drivetrain. FDs and Left shifters are wicked cheap these days, gotta be nice. So happy for you. I'm happy with my 1x drivetrain. It makes me happy. There were things about 2x that made me unhappy. We could probably still hang out as long as we both agree not to be dicks about it.
    I can if you can.

I, like Damian () resent being forced to use what bike manufacturers decide I should want.

Dropping chains has never been a problem for me with my 2x. My 26" Backup bike has a 3x that still functions just dandy. Maybe I am just special that way.

Ride whatever the fuck makes you smile.

Back to the 27.5 topic, I was riding with a buddy yesterday and we were doing some quick laps on a local trail we know very well. I was riding a Pivot Mach 6 (Carbon) and he was on a Ibis Mojo HD (26" wheels). We switched bikes one lap and I have to say, I thought his Mojo was noticeable more fun. It felt quicker and snappier and just more playful.

I really noticed the difference when I got back on the Pivot and it just felt kind of dead. It did seem to hold a line better, but for me, that kind of made it a bit boring.

Admittedly, not the same bikes (but close) and not the same suspension, but I kind of had to laugh and admit maybe Damian has a point. Maybe my next bike will be a Mojo HD with 26" wheels.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post

I really noticed the difference when I got back on the Pivot and it just felt kind of dead. It did seem to hold a line better, but for me, that kind of made it a bit boring.
    why don't you just go faster?

OR hit those lines with one hand behind your back
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-17-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know