Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2268

Thread: NFL 2017/2018

Out in here in SF we are still irrelevant but I'm pretty much ready to go shopping for a #10 Jimmy G jersey. 3 starts and nearly 1,000 passing yards? With Goodwin and a bunch of guys you've never heard of and a shoddy O-line? And half the play book? Uh, yes please. Dude clearly has the look. I'm all in for a long term contract.

I have become a closet Colt and 9er fan this year just for the fact of following Top Jimmy and Brissett.

Right call on the TD reversal. But the the rule is dumb. Defies common sense.

This year's Pats team reminds me of some others that have fizzled out early in the playoffs. This difference is that this year nobody else is very good either. This is the most mediocre NFL season I can remember. I have no idea who will win the Super Bowl. Nobody is worthy.

Has anyone fallen faster this year than the Raiduhs? They are just bad.
    And I don't feel bad for them.

NFL 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I disagree....nd that’s why the rule is stupid...
    To me, it looked like he caught the ball as he was going to the ground. He then extended his arms forward in a “football move” (whatever the fuck that is) and the ball broke the plane. It should have been ruled a TD...or possibly a catch, TD, and fumble recovery.

Ir appeared as though he had full control and, only after, did he extend....which is different than a diving catch where the ground knocks the ball loose.

But let’s talk about something important:
    Who woulda thought a team could lose the possible league MVP, but really be in trouble bc of their secondary and not the loss of their QB?
    E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Regardless, as long as, “Brady to Gronk” exists, it’s the Patriot’s championship to lose. Pats vs Vikes. Skol!

Listened to the broadcast of the PIT-NE game while driving. Can't believe the ending as a Steelers fan. But we've been winning close games for the last month or so.

Could have spiked and forced OT even after everything. Pitt takes a lot of chances. Works a lot, but not everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

This year's Pats team reminds me of some others that have fizzled out early in the playoffs. This difference is that this year nobody else is very good either. This is the most mediocre NFL season I can remember. I have no idea who will win the Super Bowl. Nobody is worthy.
    I'd say that the Vikings, Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Rams are all worthy contenders.

What a game, what a crazy crazy game. I wonder how Pittsburgh responds to this, their nemesis squeaking out a last minute win on a bad offensive play. Some teams would crumble after a loss like that.

eagles better get that D in place or it's going to be 1 and done.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What a game, what a crazy crazy game. I wonder how Pittsburgh responds to this, their nemesis squeaking out a last minute win on a bad offensive play. Some teams would crumble after a loss like that.
    The Pats aren't Pittsburgh's nemesis: the Pats barely know that Pittsburgh exists.

Boomer was just talking about the Jaguars potentially giving the Patriots a tough time if they meet up due to their defensive line getting to Brady. And of course he's right...they also have Coughlin down there and he has the Pat's number. But, their offensive would have to perform as well. They certainly did yesterday.

Secret to Brady has always been to get pressure on him with a 4 man rush.

Someday, the game of football will just be an endless barrage of yellow flags and called back touchdowns. The only way players will be able to move the ball down the field will be by penalty yards. No touchdowns will be scored, they'll all be called back after review. Instead, whoever gets the least penalty calls will win the game. Playoffs will be decided by coin toss at the end of the season.

Seriously, who can get excited about games anymore when the final moments of every game that isn't a complete blowout, is decided by penalty calls and reviewed touchdowns that are then called back?

I'm done. Shitty snow season and I still would rather be out skiing than watching this dumbass charade.

Yep, it is pretty bad. I have been greatly dismayed at this game this year to add on to gradual dismay from the past. Games are becoming more white-noise in the background for when I actually turn a game on. Listened to a lot of music during Pats-Pitt though that was a good ending. Can't tell you everything in the middle though.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Someday, the game of football will just be an endless barrage of yellow flags and called back touchdowns. The only way players will be able to move the ball down the field will be by penalty yards. No touchdowns will be scored, they'll all be called back after review. Instead, whoever gets the least penalty calls will win the game. Playoffs will be decided by coin toss at the end of the season.

Seriously, who can get excited about games anymore when the final moments of every game that isn't a complete blowout, is decided by penalty calls and reviewed touchdowns that are then called back?

I'm done. Shitty snow season and I still would rather be out skiing than watching this dumbass charade.
    Sounds like the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sounds like the NBA.
    Never been into NBA, or basketball for that matter.

Absolutely. The only way I can watch NFL is on RedZone. Even when there’s a specific game, (Mrs. Plug grew up in Wisconsin), we want to watch, we still just use RZ. Sooooooooo much downtime. We were at a sports bar and there were three screens in front of us. One had soccer, one had NBA, and one head MNF, and it was just hilarious to compare.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

and now an index card.....folded in half....helps determines a first down?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    These are new and exciting times with ground-breaking technology.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Oh, I thought it was a credit card with one of those new fangled microchips in it that tracks its position/use several times a second.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Do you laugh at, or feel bad for Carr?

Carr tried to do too much with that play. Run out of bounds. Had time to try another play or two, tie for OT at worst.
    Surprised the Raiduhs could walk to the locker room after shooting themselves in the foot all night.