Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2268

Thread: NFL 2017/2018

^^^^ Flacco was awesome in the post season once too. Doesn't mean he's any good now.

NFL 2017/2018

Who is talking about now? Alex Smith is an old quarterback that hasn’t won when he needs to. To think he improves your teams chances of success at this point is a mistake. If you give me a choice for next year of Alex Smith or Eli Manning it’s an easy choice for me.

Alex Smith was the top rated QB in the wild card round by Pro Football Focus http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000904221

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The Most Clutch Postseason Quarterback Of All Time Is Eli Manning:

By this measure, the most clutch postseason QB of all time is Manning — Eli Manning. His New York Giants have often been underdogs in the postseason and projected to a record of 4-7 or perhaps 5-6 in his 11 games. Instead, Eli Manning’s teams have gone 8-3. According to the simulations, there’s just a 1 percent chance of achieving such a strong record based on chance alone.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...s-eli-manning/

The 2012 game he beat the 49ers and won Super Bowl was an amazing display of poise.
    Yeah, I mean, he's always been kind of huck-and-hope, and that makes him look great when he's gotten lucky (and also helps him to lots of turnovers).

Maybe that's what people are trying to gesture at with their dislike of Taylor and Smith. To win with a conservative qb in the playoffs, you need to be the Gibbs Redskins and just steamroll inferior opponents for a few games in a row. To win 3 playoff games in a row against your peers or favored opponents, you need aggression and to get lucky. If you don't have an elite QB (Rodgers, Brady), you might be better off with a huck and hope guy (Flacco, Eli) than a conservative guy (Taylor, Smith).

Exactly. Smith et al like him need a very strong running game.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Alex Smith was the top rated QB in the wild card round by Pro Football Focus http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000904221
    Last in air yards per attempt. Last!

Exactly. Smith et al like him need a very strong running game.
    so like an actual fully functional football "team"

Last in air yards per attempt. Last!
    Where do you get this? Source? And are you talking about his career or 2017?

NFL 2017/2018

On the other hand, an average Smith pass is traveling 5.81 yards in the air past the line of scrimmage -- lower than 26 other NFL quarterbacks. That's even less than the 6.24 air yards per throw he has averaged since joining the Chiefs in 2013, the lowest among qualified quarterbacks over that span.

Also pulling down Smith's QBR has been his high sack rate per dropback, the worst in the NFL, and his struggles to convert first downs on third-down throws.

As the next graphic shows, more than one out of every three passes Smith has thrown this season didn't make it past the line of scrimmage. These are the highest-percentage throws in football. They are the easiest to complete, the most difficult to force a turnover on and the type of pass that puts the maximum responsibility on the receiver to make it a positive gain.

This is nothing new for Smith. Since 2013, he has led the NFL in percentage of throws at or behind the line of scrimmage (28.2).

As a result, it should not be surprising that Smith had thrown the NFL's fewest passes, by percentage, that travel more than five yards beyond the line of scrimmage -- and it's not even close. About 37 percent of his throws are extending beyond that five-yard mark. The next-lowest percentage was produced by the Oakland Raiders' Derek Carr (43 percent), and the NFL average is 56 percent.

Smith led the league in QBR this year, threw for 4,000 yards and won his division. To say he's not one of the best in the league this year is to ignore the facts and only listen to what the ESPN goons complain about.

Don't forget how he carved up the Pats in Week 1. That was not a "game manager" QB, that was an ass kicking.

That article was from Oct 2. His final QBR ranked 8th, at 61.7. Eli Manning was 22nd at 43.8. Smith led the league in Quarterback Rating at 104.7. Eli was 15th at 80.4.

NFL 2017/2018

Chiefs lost to Raiders, Giants, and Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    That article was from Oct 2. His final QBR ranked 8th, at 61.7. Eli Manning was 22nd at 43.8. Smith led the league in Quarterback Rating at 104.7. Eli was 15th at 80.4.
    Eli has two super bowl rings. Alex has a nice report card.

If I had a crappy team i’d take Smith trade. He’ll keep you in games. Browns would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Smith led the league in QBR this year, threw for 4,000 yards and won his division. To say he's not one of the best in the league this year is to ignore the facts and only listen to what the ESPN goons complain about.

Don't forget how he carved up the Pats in Week 1. That was not a "game manager" QB, that was an ass kicking.
    And to blame all the playoff losses on him is crazy. In SF he would have gone to the Super Bowl except for two muffed punts (not by him) in the NFC title game.

Prior to that he outdueled Drew Brees with two touchdowns in final two minutes of playoff game in 2012.

In 2013 in KC he went 30 of 46 for 378 yards and 4 touchdowns in a loss to Indianapolis. Clearly his fault they lost.

Total in the playoffs he has completed more than 60% of his passes, thrown 14 touchdowns to 2 interceptions, and has a quarterback rating of 97.4. He clearly sucks in the playoffs.

I’ll wager you Smith fans this. Not one winning team will trade for Smith as a starter. Backup maybe. If he wants to start next year it will be with a team that had a losing record this year. Or, he stays in KC.

A good trade would be Manning for Smith.

I’ll wager you Smith fans this. Not one winning team will trade for Smith as a starter. Backup maybe. If he wants to start next year it will be with a team that had a losing record this year. Or, he stays in KC.

I'll take that bet. He is being mentioned as most likely to go to the Bills. 9-7. Or Jaguars 10 - 6. He could go to Cardinals at 8-8, not a winning team but not a losing record either. Browns a distinct possibility too so this isn't a slam dunk.

I agree that Smith will be moved. He has a 20 mill contract with only 3 mil dead money i believe so it makes sense for KC to move him. A lot of his movement will be based on what happens to Cousins. Denver will be looking for an experienced QB

NFL 2017/2018

Smith would be good backup for Brady. Smart. Disciplined.

Well yeah, no shit. A good team is not going to be looking to replace their QB most likely, other than the Bills or Jags. You could make that argument about almost any QB that is up for trade or a free agent.

Pats will pick up their backup in the draft.

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Lewis doing the heavy lifting. White the finisher.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

If you wanted to plant your flag as someone who is 100 percent clueless, congrats. Mission accomplished.

This is a beat down. The Titan's D looks exhausted and Brady is picking them apart.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/