FS: New 26.5 Tecnica Zero G Guide Boot

SOLD
    On fleabay, but can pass along the industry deal got on these at $350 (net to me) plus $20 shipping to lower 48 via PM here. Size 26.5 Pros are sold out everywhere, and only one online store still has size 26.5 Guides left for $550. Preference given to established mags, I'm not making a dime on these.
    2017 Tecnica Zero G Guide Alpine Touring Ski Boot, Size 26.5

SOLD
    Brand-new-in-the-box. Only selling because I finally found a pair of Guide Pros and was willing to pay an extra $125 for oh-so-hot neon yellow. F-ing diva, I know...

Info & reviews:
    https://www.backcountry.com/tecnica-...e-touring-boot
    - 305mm BSL
    - A couple of the reviews say the heat-moldable Ultralon foam liner (fairly similar to an Intuition ProTour) in the Guide is superior to the thin Palau liner in the Guide Pro.
    - The shell weight of the Guide is only 16g heavier than the Guide Pro, the other 120g of total weight savings is from the low-density, low-volume Palau liner.
    - No stiffness difference between the Guide and the Pro, only the color and liner is different.

If the Mtn Lab / Mtn Explore doesn't fit your foot, give the Guides a try (same mold as 2017 Cochise) - they fit me waaaay better and don't pronate my feet and turn my knees ridiculously inward like the Salomons do.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 08-11-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Looks like the 26.5 Guide is pretty much sold out online, this could be the last pair until Tecnica restock shipments this Fall (and back to retail pricing).
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 05-02-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Big fan of these boots. The MTN explore was too narrow, instep a bit too low. These fit my wide foot great and ski great in a variety of conditions

Bump for lightweight touring boots that ski like the Cochise. Durometer testing shows the green Guide is the exact same plastic shell as the Guide Pro, except for color and cutouts in the cuff. Just as stiff as the Pro, possibly stiffer since the Pro's cutouts remove some material.

must... not... buy... do... not... need...

You know you do. Overlap boot flex that tours, not that 3-piece on-off stuff that compromises the downhill.

I bet you want to trade for some dope approach skis, right?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-404-and-skins

FS: New 26.5 Tecnica Zero G Guide Boot

Is this a club foot Neanderthal wide type boot or dainty narrow heal ballerina type?

Has a 99mm last, so it splits the difference between a wide touring boot (like Scarpas) and a race boot. Lighter plastic and liners, but same mold as 2017 Cochise shells, which are the most anatomical of the Cochise generations.

Ok. Shouldn't be considering but will mull it over

To add as the proud new owner of Guide Pros.

I fit a 26.5 in most boots.
    I am a 25.5 for the Guide Pro. Just sayin. they are big. I think that's why there are NO 25 -26.5 available on planet earth
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

^ Odd, that hasn't been my experience with the 2017 Cochise 120 and Guide Pro.

My feet are exactly 26cm long, and the 2017 size 26.5 is a good "touring" fit (comfortable with loose buckles). I had the 25.5 in the 2016 Cochise 130 last season, and though they skied okay with the buckles clamped tightly and a "race" 5mm shell fit, my toes and toenails were brutalized and are still recovering.

Since the 2017 shell BSL dropped 5mm due to the fixed soles, I was able to upsize this season without affecting my current mounts much. With 26cm feet, there's no way I would even consider the 25.5 in the 2017 shells.

Sierra still has snow!

Bumping for a good maggot. Surely there's a new owner looking for these ... in such a popular size!

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Thanks Thom. I've accepted that they won't sell until Fall (or maybe to someone going to SA), but that's fine, lol.