WTB: One Look Pivot toe piece

I am in need of one toe piece for a pair of pivot bindings (the old retail 12 and 14 din pivots, not the current turntables).

If newer models work that would be great, I am just not sure. Someone has to have some old look parts laying around.

I bet money I do, will check tonight.
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

Sorry, they are busted up
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

I can easily get that part for you, used, for very low price (< $4), here in Whistler, but not sure if shipping to USA is expensive.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 04-29-2017 at 12:49 AM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I'll take a look Monday when I'm back home - might be able to help you out.

Please post a photo of your good toe piece that you are trying to match. At the thrift store today in Whistler, I saw A LOT of variations of AFD's/stack heights for PX12/P12/P14 toe pieces.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Please post a photo of your good toe piece that you are trying to match. At the thrift store today in Whistler, I saw A LOT of variations of AFD's/stack heights for PX12/P12/P14 toe pieces.

It trying to hijack the thread, see any 3 screw Look toe pieces at the thrift shop?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3833.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	205309

Quote Originally Posted by kkerley33 View Post
    It trying to hijack the thread, see any 3 screw Look toe pieces at the thrift shop?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3833.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	205309
    I already looked there for a TT09 toe for you, but no luck. Pretty sure I saw some 3-screw Look toe pieces there, but they all looked way different and a single toe like those won't match well with your TT09 toe. ...If you ever give up on searching for a TT09 toe, and if you decide you just want any full pair of matching 3-screw Look toes, I think I can get a pair for you (<$3.75) so you can re-use your holes with matching toe pieces.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 05-01-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Vitamin,

Anything that's 15 DIN? Don't care if it's 3 hole or 4 hole. And thanks for checking, I'm just a fan of the "paint job" on the old tt09's. Just lost the top part of the AFD on the side of some hill this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kkerley33 View Post
    Vitamin,

Anything that's 15 DIN? Don't care if it's 3 hole or 4 hole. And thanks for checking, I'm just a fan of the "paint job" on the old tt09's. Just lost the top part of the AFD on the side of some hill this year.
    At that thrift store, there are definitely no Looks that are DIN >=15. The only bindings they have with DIN that high are ancient EssVar 1018, and I think they still have a couple pairs of some old-ish Tyrolias, and maybe they still have an Atomic 1018.

Vitamin, how about anything with a metal toe and turntable heel?

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Vitamin, how about anything with a metal toe and turntable heel?
    Nope. And if I ever see a decent FKS heel in that thrift store, I will buy it just on general principle (because the prices are so ridiculously low), and later figure out how to use it or give/sell to somebody. There is a pair of old P12's, with the old 12-DIN pivot heel, but the toe pieces are not metal.

The Whistler skiers and park rats around here seem to know to keep their FKS bindings whenever they donate their trashed skis to the thrift store... But they seem to donate Salomon bindings with metal worm-screw heels, so I've been successful at buying those whenever I see them.

Thanks guys! Here is a pic of the good toe piece. I'm not opposed to shipping from Canada, as I'm not in a place where I can get cheap replacement parts. Let me know if you find anything. 12 din works too.

OK, I cannot match your colors, so here's my proposal:

1) Have me take the shim, AFD part, and screws from 1st image below, but discard the main toe piece part, because that part is only DIN=11 and a bit scratched up.
    2) Take the main toe piece part from 2nd image below, because it is DIN=12 and very nice condition... However it is ugly yellow...
    3) If you hate the ugly yellow color above, then instead take the silver main toe piece part from 3rd image below, because its silver color is not as ugly as flashy yellow, and it is DIN=12...although it has more scratches and wear than the yellow ones...

Name:  1black11.PNG
Views: 290
Size:  478.0 KB
    Name:  2yellow12.PNG
Views: 294
Size:  580.5 KB
    Name:  3silver12.PNG
Views: 292
Size:  438.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    OK, I cannot match your colors, so here's my proposal:

1) Have me take the shim, AFD part, and screws from 1st image below, but discard the main toe piece part, because that part is only DIN=11 and a bit scratched up.
    2) Take the main toe piece part from 2nd image below, because it is DIN=12 and very nice condition... However it is ugly yellow...
    3) If you hate the ugly yellow color above, then instead take the silver main toe piece part from 3rd image below, because its silver color is not as ugly as flashy yellow, and it is DIN=12...although it has more scratches and wear than the yellow ones...

Name:  1black11.PNG
Views: 290
Size:  478.0 KB
    Name:  2yellow12.PNG
Views: 294
Size:  580.5 KB
    Name:  3silver12.PNG
Views: 292
Size:  438.1 KB
    Hey thanks for looking into this and sorry for my disappearance. Option #3 sounds great to me; any way you can just remove the shim and then I can install in my own toe piece? Either way, let me know shipping, etc. and I'll send you some cash

Sorry, man, I should have given you a clear deadline. Offer expired. Yesterday, I moved away from Whistler, where that thrift store is. Now in Calif. Maybe you can ask a different Maggot who still lives in Whistler.

No worries, I am sporadically on TGR as of late. Thanks