Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Control
    You don't need to be a Joy Division fan to enjoy this well-crafted and immersive biopic.
    Highly recommended for anybody who loves modern pop and rock music.
    I only had a passing interest in and knowledge of Joy Division prior to watching this when it first came out back in 2007. Totally turned me on to their tragically small, yet influencial catalogue.

Last edited by dookey67; 08-17-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Uzumaki
    If you are a fan of J-horror (Ringu, Cure, Ju-On) then I highly recommend this psychedelihallucinatory wig-out. Heck, even if you don't cotton to J-Horror, this bugged-out little ditty is still worth a watch the to its strange and demented story and hyper bizarro visuals.
    Granted, I haven't seen it in over 20 years, but I remember it freaking me out and twisting my melon when I saw it at a small arthouse cinema in 2000.
    It's weird and creepy.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Control
    You don't need to be a Joy Division fan to enjoy this well-crafted and immersive biopic.
    Highly recommended for anybody who loves modern pop and rock music.
    I only had a passing interest in and knowledge of Joy Division prior to watching this when it first came out back in 2007. Totally turned me on to their tragically small, yet influencial catalogue.

Excellent movie

Annette
    In the mood for a Greek tragedy wrapped in the guise of a rock opera?
    Then this Leos Carax joint might just be your jam.
    With avante pop tunes crafted by the indomitable Sparks brothers, this is an off-kilter love story (those familiar with Carax's previous works will know that this is a familiar theme of his) delivered in a hyper theatrical manner. Starring Adam Driver as an acerbic stand-up comedian who falls in love with a revered opera singer, the story reverberates with rich melodrama, Carax's trademark deadpan absurdity, and intricate tunes which stradle the line between catchy and complex.

RIYL
    The Phantom of The Paradise; The Umbrellas of Cherbourg; Tommy; The Threepenny Opera; Cabaret

Scout's Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse

This flick is pure gonzo f♡€kery; imagine Porky’s combined with Dawn of the Dead (the Zack Snyder/James Gunn version).
    It's filled with solid practical FX, lottsa dick jokes, boobs, some creative kills, inside nods to genre classics, and off-kiltered sick, puerile humor.
    Toss in some uber quick pacing and you have yourself a super fun horror/comedy romp.

RIYL
    The Babysitter; Return of the Living Dead; Z Nation; Get Duked

Last edited by dookey67; 09-18-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but last night I watched the first couple episodes of “Counterpart.”

It’s sort of a thriller/spy/sci-fi mix. The lead is the Farmers Insurance “we know a thing or two...” guy.

I thought it was decent...will continue tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks. We're really enjoying it too, 5 episodes in. It sounds like we are going to be bummed when it just randomly stops after 2 seasons.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Thanks. We're really enjoying it too, 5 episodes in. It sounds like we are going to be bummed when it just randomly stops after 2 seasons.
    Can confirm. Been there.

Good show.
    focus.

Pleasantly surprised with the 4th/final season of Goliath. Seems to have finally gotten a good balance between weird Carlos Castaneda mysticism and good old gum shoe licks. Love the noiry feel in SF.

Just got access to Prime video (long story). What are the best (free) shows and movies on there so I don't have to wade through a 36 page thread. Any free ski movies? Anything good for my 10 year old?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just got access to Prime video (long story). What are the best (free) shows and movies on there so I don't have to wade through a 36 page thread. Any free ski movies? Anything good for my 10 year old?
    Shit, just finished watching all of Prime a few months ago.

Off the top of my head for Prime Original Series that my wife and I liked.

The Boys
    Fleabag
    Catastrophe

Not appropriate for kids.

Upload is okay.

I really liked Modern Love and Bosch.

Jack Ryan is entertaining but has big plot holes. Suspend disbelief and enjoy Jim from The Office.

Just started Jean Claude Van Johnson. Cheesy, not sure if it'll hold up or be a one joke show that gets tiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Red Oaks

Additions to the others:
    Bosch. - And usually don't like Detektive stuff at all.
    The expanse - best Scifi series ever.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Red Oaks
    THIS!!! Amazing how that one seemed to fly under the radar for so long. After what seems like no fanfare, I finally got around to watching it last year, then wife and I binged it pretty fast. GREAT show all the way around.

FYI. I’m sure you know already but you also get Prime Music included. Tons of full albums available.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    FYI. I’m sure you know already but you also get Prime Music included. Tons of full albums available.

yep. as soon as the little alexa speaker shows up, I will be jamming that. Or rather, my daughter will be jamming pop music 24/7.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yep. as soon as the little alexa speaker shows up, I will be jamming that. Or rather, my daughter will be jamming pop music 24/7.
    Oh hell yea.

My daughter jams to Dua Lipa (?). She’s actually pretty good and I end up singing along, I then question my taste in music…

Apparently it wasn't popular with the execs, but I think Patriot was one of the greatest shows ever. Not for a 10 yo, though. Weakens a little in the second season, and probably should have gotten a bow tied on it, but think Burn After Reading goes deep with numerous slow burns. If Sydney could pronounce "fillet weld" right in the pilot it would be damn near perfect.

I'll second the Patriot. Outstanding soundtrack as well. Townes, Prine etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Additions to the others:
    Bosch. - And usually don't like Detektive stuff at all.
    The expanse - best Scifi series ever.
    Watched the first episode of Bosch and it looks good.

Bosch is phenomenally good. Great writing, acting, plots, and intrigue

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Bosch is phenomenally good. Great writing, acting, plots, and intrigue
    qft. and the music.

And you get Marlo for free

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    And you get Marlo for free
    It def took me a min to shift gears from Marlo to Edgar. But dude is a phenomenal actor and now I forget he even played that holy shit of intense role

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is available now
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.