Red ledge free rein, fuil zip pants question...

My super-old REI gore full-zip [uninsulated] pants are dying. [Wear and seam taping failing.]

I love some of the new bibs with full zips, but they are super dang expensive. [Hard to justify, all things considered.]
    But the Red Ledge pants are amazingly cheap, for full zips. [The Marmot Precips are similar, I think.]
    They are like $60 from Amazon - which seems crazy. I assume like most breathable gear, heavy use is going to kill them in 3-5 years, perhaps less. I might get more time/use from something more expensive, but I doubt it will be a proportional gain for the additional cost.

I'm probably not doing a lot of climbing these days - I'm lazy, old, get AMS, etc. [Did I mention lazy?] ...so mostly for lift serve stuff.

I think I prefer un-insulated pants, in general. Insulated pants seem harder to adjust for, especially if it's warm.
    I want full zips, they're just so much more convenient.
    Breath-ability is less critical for legs, and especially for lift-serve - but interested in any exp anyone has with this laminate.

Anyone have experience with these? Thoughts recommendations for something different. [I'd like a pocket or three. Thigh pocket would be nice, but I don't see those much for non-bib, and/or non-insulated.

TIA
    -Greg

No experience here with Red Ledge, but I like the idea of a simple full-zip pant that's light. For what you want, it's worth a shot. Another route if you know a seamstress is to buy a pattern and some eVent or the like and make your own. On the flipside, the investment in some high quality pants usually pays off in the long run with burlier fabric and build quality. I have some Burton AKs that won't die, one pair going on 10 years and the other 5 years.

I skied a pair of Red Ledge bibs for 3 to 5 years. Great bib for the price. Maybe a little warm for some places. Now that you mentioned the are $60 on Amazon I think I will buy another pair.
    off your knees Louie